Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

The Ability To Remove Film Grain

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

The Ability To Remove Film Grain

Post by StarNord » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:49 pm

The game seems to have some filter (most likely film grain) over it that makes objects look rougher than they would look in a .png file, an option to remove film grain would be pretty cool and add more options to the graphics settings in the game.

I know that it can be "removed" by retexturing "filmGrain.xnb" and "filmGrainB.xnb" in the game files to be transparent but I'd like a much more obvious way to turn off film grain since not everyone knows this, much less how to retexture.

If removing this filter makes the FPS drop it could be the first few steps to getting ultra graphics settings in the game, and if it increases FPS it could be pretty useful to anyone with a potato for a computer.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Pregnant
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Pregnant » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:07 pm

You can remove the film grain by lowering the graphics :)
0 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm

You can turn it off by setting effects to low. But it could be nice having a separate option for the film grain, I like the effects on normal because it makes fire and smoke look way better.
0 x
Hold your breath.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:56 pm

Just set the effects to low lol. That’s what I do. Only think I noticed differently with low effects is that grain.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst