Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

RePlay System

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
ImThatKid
Fighter
Fighter
Title: IMTHATKID
SFD Account: ImThatKid_27
SFD Alias: |TS1|ImThatKid
Started SFD: November 2015

RePlay System

Post by ImThatKid » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:35 am

I myself along with a couple other like to make super fighters deluxe videos, but sometimes never get to record or miss the crazy/funny moments. So for SFD to have an instant replay feature would be amazing and a big step for the game.

The Instant Replay Feature Would Include
  • Clips are saved in an in-game folder
    in settings, you are able to set the camera mode which it records in
    built-in video player
    slo-mo feature
    player lock on camera (able to select which character)
3 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:05 am

ImThatKid wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:35 am
I myself along with a couple other like to make super fighters deluxe videos, but sometimes never get to record or miss the crazy/funny moments. So for SFD to have an instant replay feature would be amazing and a big step for the game.

The Instant Replay Feature Would Include
  • Clips are saved in an in-game folder
    in settings, you are able to set the camera mode which it records in
    built-in video player
    slo-mo feature
    player lock on camera (able to select which character)
Due to the non-deterministic nature of the physics engine a replay system would be a pain to implement, they could track every entity, tile and even the script execution state but there's no way to make the simulation run 100% the same way every time on every machines, in the Box2D FAQ you can read:
#Determinism ##Is Box2D deterministic? For the same input, and same binary, Box2D will reproduce any simulation. Box2D does not use any random numbers nor base any computation on random events (such as timers, etc).

However, people often want more stringent determinism. People often want to know if Box2D can produce identical results on different binaries and on different platforms. The answer is no. The reason for this answer has to do with how floating point math is implemented in many compilers and processors
Do not get me wrong, I would really like to see something like this in the game, but almost completely sure it won't happen.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 pm

While this would be cool, it's nothing the engine can support. It would be easier to just record the last X seconds of the game and then be able to press a button to save footage permanently. But other software already allows you to do this (Fraps, Nvidia Shadowplay and similar).
2 x
Gurt