Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Equipping a weapon during a roll

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Equipping a weapon during a roll

Post by Del Poncho » Fri May 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Equip a weapon with a roll
In my view of SFD,a complete knowledge and availment of the movement and of your sorroundings is to encourage and reward.

With "equipping a weapon with a roll" I mean to be able to extract any weapon located on the ground more quickly than a weapon on your back,just by taking it up while rolling in a Max Payne-ish style.

This would divide the equip animation for guns and pistols in 2 parts:
-Taking out the gun from your back (or taking the pistol out of wherever pistols go when you dont have them equipped)
-Loading the weapon (for example,by pulling the slide of a pistol,or the pump of a shotgun)

In a normal situation,you'll get out your weapon and do both these sequences (As it is now).
When equipping a gun during a roll,instead,there will be only the second part of the animation,meaning that the fighter has made a roll placing his hands on the gun and taking it [See GIF]. After a complete roll,the fighter will still have to do the loading animation,but he'll be rewarded with a slightly faster equip and a cool scene.

To avoid extracting a gun by mistake,besides pressing F to pick up the gun,the fighter would still have to press the number assigned to that weapon slot (2 for pistols,3 for guns). Kind of tricky,but it looks good if you can nail it.

This feature wouldnt have a lot of impact of the gameplay,but it's the attention to details that counts.
8 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:17 pm

I think it would have great impact on gameplay. So many times I have been too slow to pick up weapon and died in the equipping animation.
2 x