Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Map Editor Suggestions

Post by TheOriginalCj » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Here you can suggest features for the Map Editor that won't take an entire topic to explain how they work. A type of tile, type of object, or even type of background; they all belong in this topic.
0 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Alive Backgrounds .

basicaly my suggestion is a tile that is a moving bg (Characters , animals , Cars , Planes , Boats) , seems like a good idea if you want to see a bar fight , or a moving map (Just like wild west)

also it could be like BackGround fighting , The bg character swings fists (Frame-Work) and it could be used to make it like a fight in the bg between 2 bg characters .
2 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:39 am

I would suggest the addition of foreground rails. That way, a platform could have rails all around it. I think this would make a lot of sense.

I was also hoping that it would be possible to edit the probability of a thing activated by the RandomTrigger to be activated.
What I mean is, if RandomTrigger activates Trigger A and Trigger B, I would like to be able to set it so that Trigger A has a 66% chance of being activated. I can get the same result with some less organized methods, but official implementation would make things a lot easier, I think.
8 x
i got wozen fever

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Wozenbelt wrote:I would suggest the addition of foreground rails. That way, a platform could have rails all around it. I think this would make a lot of sense.
Honestly it'd be a lot better if the player was allowed to choose if any tile was seen as a foreground, background, or far background item. Leave the categories as is but add in some sort of property setting that can be changed so that particular tile should be rendered below/above others.
8 x
hello yes

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:56 am

Hello dear developers. I would like to offer a little ideas in the map editor.

More colors
I think that this game lacks colors for objects or tiles , or background.
Many of the creators of maps - very much wait the white color.

Layers of colors
These layers can be painted in any color , for example, the first layer of clouds can be colored blue , and the second layer of clouds in white - Agree that it would not be bad. For concretes , or objects - this is the same thing.

Update of area trigger
I always have the problem , where bots activate area trigger , this is the very big problem when you have created a map with the synchronization of the shadows , and when you fight with the bot , Shadow Synchronization will change his shape and appearance from light to dark , but it must be only for players , is well shown in one of my old maps Find The Exit Long Night.
Please add this feature to the area trigger , to ensure that it was possible to recognize the Cpu , for players and objects , for players and cpu , objects and the cpu , for all.

Thank you for attention!
3 x
-Content-maker.

TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1

Post by TimeWorker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:30 pm

I always wanted more colours cuze i made maps which are like pixel art then i have to find the perfect colur but i want the white colour the most .I hope gurt will add this.
1 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Shock wrote:Update of area trigger
Exactly what do you mean with this part? Is it a bug? Something new?
TiMEWoRKER wrote:I always wanted more colours cuze i made maps which are like pixel art then i have to find the perfect colur but i want the white colour the most .I hope gurt will add this.
When it comes to content like tiles, colors and background and foreground tiles it's more of Hjarpe's work. He's leading that section. So you should kindly ask him for that. ;)
2 x
Gurt

TheOriginalCj

Post by TheOriginalCj » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:59 pm

Gurt wrote:When it comes to content like tiles, colors and background and foreground tiles it's more of Hjarpe's work. He's leading that section. So you should kindly ask him for that. ;)
Actually, Gurt, this could be your area of expertise. Redesigning the background tiles in which you have the option use a full color picker (A basic HTML5 styled color utility like in MS paint) to pick a more precise color for the selected tile(s). It's really just a matter of what pixels are the selected color, and how other pixels should differ in color.
0 x
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:19 pm

TheOriginalCj wrote:
Gurt wrote:When it comes to content like tiles, colors and background and foreground tiles it's more of Hjarpe's work. He's leading that section. So you should kindly ask him for that. ;)
Actually, Gurt, this could be your area of expertise. Redesigning the background tiles in which you have the option use a full color picker (A basic HTML5 styled color utility like in MS paint) to pick a more precise color for the selected tile(s). It's really just a matter of what pixels are the selected color, and how other pixels should differ in color.
Actually, TheOriginalCj, while this could be my area Hjarpe is the primary designer of SFD. As he's the one spending 99 % working in the map editor it's much of his design how the tiles and colors should work in the map editor based on his preferences and ideas and how he wanted to build the maps for SFD. We don't create tools we don't think we need. So Hjarpe has the leading word. But as you work on projects you also learn. We have talked about rewriting parts of the editor to allow free colors and have a sub-set of predefined color keys instead (similar to existing colors in SFD today) but it would be too much work for us for something we probably don't need.
0 x
Gurt

TheOriginalCj

Post by TheOriginalCj » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:13 am

Alrighty then. Since I'm becoming a programming enthuseist all of a sudden, could you make it so that when compiling for errors, you bring my cursor directly to the position of the error. I'm not going to count characters if my error is in the 50th character.

I want to be lazy, damnit.
1 x
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 am

We can set areas for randomly spawned objects: barrels, crates, etc. Maybe we could have the ability to create a group of tiles and then set them and a "random group" so then on map start it would choose one of the random tile layouts.
0 x
'<'

TheOriginalCj

Post by TheOriginalCj » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:24 am

Duck wrote:We can set areas for randomly spawned objects: barrels, crates, etc. Maybe we could have the ability to create a group of tiles and then set them and a "random group" so then on map start it would choose one of the random tile layouts.
Duck, we already do.

Step 1:Select a group of objects
Step 2:RightClick and select Group (or press Ctrl+G)
Step 3:Select the newly created GroupMarker and set TriggerEnabled to false
Step 5:Drag a Random Trigger into the map.
Step 6:Set the random trigger to trigger the GroupMarker(s) and it will randomly activate one of the triggers tied to it.
1 x
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:54 pm

TheOriginalCj wrote:
Duck wrote:We can set areas for randomly spawned objects: barrels, crates, etc. Maybe we could have the ability to create a group of tiles and then set them and a "random group" so then on map start it would choose one of the random tile layouts.
Duck, we already do.

Step 1:Select a group of objects
Step 2:RightClick and select Group (or press Ctrl+G)
Step 3:Select the newly created GroupMarker and set TriggerEnabled to false
Step 5:Drag a Random Trigger into the map.
Step 6:Set the random trigger to trigger the GroupMarker(s) and it will randomly activate one of the triggers tied to it.
So we can do this with entire map layouts? Because I have seen different object layouts with scaffolding and such, but I want to be able to essentially create multiple map layouts and put them all in one map; then randomly you would get a round that had ladders and upper platforms, but the next round might have no ladders and a bunch of lifts. Is that possible?
0 x
'<'

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:50 pm

Q: So we can do this with entire map layouts? - Sure.
The only limitations with groups is that you can't have groups in groups (technical limitations).
0 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:26 pm

Gurt wrote:
Shock wrote:Update of area trigger
Exactly what do you mean with this part? Is it a bug? Something new?

I offered the idea , through which Area Trigger will be slightly improved , the improvement of that idea - area trigger will recognize not only the players and objects but also CPU
0 x
-Content-maker.

TheOriginalCj

Post by TheOriginalCj » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:44 am

Shock wrote: I offered the idea , through which Area Trigger will be slightly improved , the improvement of that idea - area trigger will recognize not only the players and objects but also CPU[/b]
The thing is CPU should be recognized as an IPlayer entity. Essentially meaning you can't make it sense CPU spesifically, however an option in API to distinguish whether a player is a human or a bot would be useful.
0 x
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!

Wolf
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Alpha Wolf
SFD Alias: Wolf
Started SFD: October 28/2015 (I think)

Post by Wolf » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:29 am

Maybe put in doors that can be locked and unlocked from one side only?
0 x
(งಠಠ)ง COME AT MEH BOI (/ಠᴥಠ)/

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:22 pm

TheOriginalCj wrote:
Shock wrote: I offered the idea , through which Area Trigger will be slightly improved , the improvement of that idea - area trigger will recognize not only the players and objects but also CPU[/b]
The thing is CPU should be recognized as an IPlayer entity. Essentially meaning you can't make it sense CPU spesifically, however an option in API to distinguish whether a player is a human or a bot would be useful.
The thing is such option exists in the API : IPlayer.IsBot;
0 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

TheOriginalCj

Post by TheOriginalCj » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:23 am

>tfw you're a trash programmer and forget to investigate all class types in the library.
0 x
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:19 am

SpawnObjectTrigger referencing a specific item ID rather than a generical tile ID.
[Spawn item ID: Crate00 213]

In order to use this, you would hide the specific tile you wanted to spawn outside of the map border (so it existed but couldn't be interacted with in-game), and assign it to a SpawnObjectTrigger so it replicates it with the custom settings you set earlier.

Example #1: Spawn a metal platform outside of the map border so its ID can be referenced. Disable all collisions with it via the AlterCollision joint. Whenever replicated with SpawnObject trigger, its collision settings will be kept as well.
Example#2: Spawn weapon crates on-command, but also have their spawn chances randomized. In the SpawnObjectTrigger ID you'd normally reference the SpawnUnknown tile, but the weapon spawn chances will stay default. With the suggested method you could create a weapon spawner outside of the map, tweak its settings, and replicate it (with its settings kept) whenever needed.

Unless there's an easier method to trigger the spawning of your differently customized objects, that's a thing I'd like to have.
1 x