Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New player ability: Dodge

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
New player ability: Dodge

Post by Jovani » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:00 am

Melee is something simple and it would be more fun if there are more mechanisms to defend yourself such as being able to dodge attacks in a moment where you are stuck.

Examples:
(Melee dodge video): https://i.imgur.com/4KzV1nD.mp4

-This ability would have a double delay than grab to avoid spam abuse.-

It is fun to compete with friends in melee matches but it would be a more special to play melee with more mechanisms where you can react quickly when you make a mistake. Personally, I like games where you have several fighting movements to play against the opponent, SFD melee is great but I would like to see more melee mechanisms and being able to do more movement reaction than just predicting attack or block.

I don't know if it is worth suggesting ideas at this time because Mytho said he would not update the game (in a long period?)... Some players told me not to suggest anymore and others told me to try. I prefer to make this topic and see what happens with SFD developers about it.
Last edited by Jovani on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:22 am

Jovani wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:00 am
Melee is something simple and it would be more fun if there are more mechanisms to defend yourself such as being able to dodge attacks in a moment where you are stuck.
Bring back the mobility of old melee and suddenly you have much more defensive options.
Jovani wrote:
It is fun to compete with friends in melee matches but it would be a more special to play melee with more mechanisms where you can react quickly when you make a mistake. Personally, I like games where you have several fighting movements to play against the opponent, SFD melee is great but I would like to see more melee mechanisms and being able to do more movement reaction than just predicting attack or block.
Old melee had a lot more aggressive and defensive options. It wasn't just predicting/reacting to attacks, until we got hit with the big melee nerf that changed the way melee was played. Which btw, there are some people that enjoy melee more now, because they rather like this predicting, block beats attack, although personally I think it's a pretty boring slap fight.
Here, I made these gifs to show you that such a situation above wouldn't happen in old melee with a pro player, and some "more mechanisms to play melee more special": Advanced old melee

As for the rest, it's an interesting idea, to me it seems unnecessary since we could just revert to the old mobility and would mean less work, but I do think melee needs more depth. I would much rather have what @Lunatic suggested back in 2016 and add a Dash move that is used aggresively. https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... f=9&t=1704 - And as you can see a lot of people from the community thought so too.
Also to avoid such a situation now just don't punch back after blocking.
Jovani wrote:
I don't know if it is worth suggesting ideas at this time because Mytho said he would not update the game (in a long period?)... Some players told me not to suggest anymore and others told me to try. But I prefer to make this topic and see what happens with SFD developers about it.
I would not stop suggesting things that can fix problems with the game.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png