Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Gun Creator

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Aclxx_SFD
Meatbag
SFD Account: 010101010101
SFD Alias: boi
Gun Creator

Post by Aclxx_SFD » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:13 am

My idea is a creator of weapons by putting skins on the originals without replacing them is so that there is more variety of weapons and the community can make them in itself it would not be a new weapon but a skin but it does not replace the original.

A sample of my work.https://imgur.com/a/z4biC18
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 am

While I understand you're suggesting custom skins appear in game in addition to the original, I don't think that feature is necessary. Creating and applying custom weapon skins is already very simple, the whole point of doing that is to not have to see the original sprite. I don't feel having multiple weapon "camos" is the way of SFD.

You can find more sprites to replace the original here.
0 x

strix
Meatbag
SFD Account: strix

Post by strix » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:44 pm

like cs:go lol
0 x
we was the typa niggas that'd rob the robbers, imma make the choppa sing like la da di da da

Nebraska4
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Nebraska4
SFD Alias: Nebraskee
Started SFD: Early 2019
Post by Nebraska4 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 pm

I like the very basic idea of this, but not what you wanted. I would love to have players be able to actually make full on new weapons like the sniper or bazooka or whatever. It would allow a whole new world of mods and custom scripts, and I think that could really revive the community. That's my idea, I feel that the game needs more customizability to keep it alive.
1 x
Well who knows

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:31 am

Aclxx_SFD wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:13 am
My idea is a creator of weapons by putting skins on the originals without replacing them is so that there is more variety of weapons and the community can make them in itself it would not be a new weapon but a skin but it does not replace the original.
As long as it's completely optional i'm fine with it. Although i personally probably won't use it as it would just confuse me, and i doubt there's any real demand for this.
Nebraska4 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 pm
I like the very basic idea of this, but not what you wanted. I would love to have players be able to actually make full on new weapons like the sniper or bazooka or whatever. It would allow a whole new world of mods and custom scripts, and I think that could really revive the community. That's my idea, I feel that the game needs more customizability to keep it alive.
Definitely, more people should be pushing for this. I'll be eternally grateful the day that mod support is added to SFD. Finally be able to rework and adjust certain features to unleash its full potential. More options and more customization for personal preference is crucial for the game to survive on the community's shoulders left on its own.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png