Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Silencer changing.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
NTN9
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Who am I?
SFD Alias: NTN9
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.2

Silencer changing.

Post by NTN9 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:43 pm

What about the silencer weapon upgrade? It will affect on another weapons, like now it affect on Pistol or Uzi (-damage, +accuracy). Silencer can be used for Assault Rifle, SMG, TommyGun, Pistol and Uzi. This upgrade will give player the choice: Damage or Accuracy, what make gameplay on bit more tacticly.
5 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:48 am

I think that instead of having weapons that comes with a silencer (silenceduzi/silencedpistol) having it as an upgrade would be really cool.

– Works exactly like the Laser Sight as an upgrade, except by the weapons that can't be silenced.
– Decimal decreases the damage of the weapon (0,25/0,50 HP).
– Significative better accuracy.
– Silenced audio and appearance of the gun changes (since a silencer is added)
– Some weapons like Grenade Launcher, Flare Gun and Bazooka can't be silenced, but if you take a silencer while having one of that weapons, the next weapon (primary or secondary) must have a silencer.
– Silenced uzi and silenced pistol should disappear. If the spawn chance of the pistol is 5% and the silenced pistol also 5%, then the pistol turns into 10% spawn chance.
4 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Snoppy
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Silent
SFD Alias: Erga Omnes
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.5

Post by Snoppy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 am

I think it would be a good idea, not only with these resources, should add something more, it is still very unnecessary.
1 x
The Silent

Noble
Post by Noble » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:28 am

I also really don't know.which appearance will have this upgrade while in the ground, maybe a really tiny pack with an icon (this can be found in the blue supply crate by the way), or more like the slomo, with an 'abstract' appearance, I think.
0 x
And I swore

Snoppy
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Silent
SFD Alias: Erga Omnes
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.5

Post by Snoppy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:41 am

I do not think the best accuracy would be enough to put this accessory in use ... it would be to catch a disadvantage because only serves to reduce the damage, we need more benefits, such as ... increased critical hit.
1 x
The Silent

Noble
Post by Noble » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:56 am

Snoppy wrote:I do not think the best accuracy would be enough to put this accessory in use ... it would be to catch a disadvantage because only serves to reduce the damage, we need more benefits, such as ... increased critical hit.
That is a good idea, also its close to my point. There is two guns of the same kind without significative difference – the pistol and the silenced pistol, not enough difference between these two, if the silencer upgrade does a really better accuracy, would be valid, I think.
1 x
And I swore

Kyra
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Do your homework.
SFD Account: Howmork
SFD Alias: [JOY] Howmork
Started SFD: Around 1.2.0

Post by Kyra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:55 am

Less damage, better accuracy, enhanced critical, etc
I think the accuracy is key... I mean the UZI silenced would acctualy be helpful instead of just a look standpoint... If the UZI silenced shot straighter it would make us players want silenced weapons instead of a regular one. Same thing with pistol and all future weapons or current weapons (if they add silencer as a powerup or something). TBH make it balanced though!
:3
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:43 am

DeadlyPawn wrote:I think that instead of having weapons that comes with a silencer (silenceduzi/silencedpistol) having it as an upgrade would be really cool.

– Works exactly like the Laser Sight as an upgrade, except by the weapons that can't be silenced.
– Decimal decreases the damage of the weapon (0,25/0,50 HP).
– Significative better accuracy.
– Silenced audio and appearance of the gun changes (since a silencer is added)
– Some weapons like Grenade Launcher, Flare Gun and Bazooka can't be silenced, but if you take a silencer while having one of that weapons, the next weapon (primary or secondary) must have a silencer.
– Silenced uzi and silenced pistol should disappear. If the spawn chance of the pistol is 5% and the silenced pistol also 5%, then the pistol turns into 10% spawn chance.
This would be awesome, I hope that the Dynamic Duo will notice it. And I would love it if we could use the silencer with the KNIFE! :P And it would be very fun if we could use the lazer with the knife too!
1 x

Lone
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Lone

Post by Lone » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:35 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
Who has never been in this situation of having to choose between a gun or a muted weapon? It always happens to me and it sucks. My suggestion for this would be: Just like in the game "Counter Strike Global Offensive" There is a feature that causes players to muffle or muffle certain weapons. We must be able to remove the muffler from a muted weapon so we can collect ammunition with the same invisible weapon.

Or simply gather your ammunition, ignoring the fact that one is silent and the other is not. Easier
0 x
Believe me, this pain you're feeling will only get worse.

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:25 am

Leaving it at a silenced pistol and uzi would be fine.
The only role silenced pistols play in sfd are for damage and physical appearance.
If these were added to more weapons, It would just be a slightly weaker version of the weapon.
We don't need stealthiness because basic camera angles will just reveal your position and there's no stereo in sfd's sound.
More weapons enhancements should be coming according to Gurt's planned features.
1 x