Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by Armadyl5 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:20 pm

just had this thought when i was working on my z map dead island (which really has no relation to my suggestion) , kicks deal MUCH less Damage Than Punches , Which is a Weird Thing , as In Reality Kicks Deal MUCH MORE Damage Than Punches , my Suggestion is To Give Kicks Some Real Damage So It Can Actually Be Used In Melee Combat , Instead Of The Slapping Fights .

This Will Grant Kicks a Little Bit More Use Than Just The Usual Dive-Kick Scenario , Maybe Also Extend The Length a Player Will Stagger Back When Kicked .

I would Also Like To Bring Up Another Old Suggestion , Which is That You Can't Hit a Player Unless Your In The Same Stance , If Your Standing And The Other Player is Crouching , You Will Just punch The Air Above Them , Unless You Too Crouch , This Should Add a Dynamic Element , and Maybe Limit Gang-Banging That Everyone is Crying About , as For Kicks , They Apply Like Usual , But if You Kick A Crouching Player , He Acts Like He Got Jump Kicked , will stagger Like Usual if He Was Blocking .
2 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Kicks deal 3 damage to players and 5 damage to objects. Punches deal 8.5 damage if my memory is correct. The difference is, most players block before the knockback comes out on the third punch (which still does regular damage). This is because knockback is a big deal. If I push you off an edge, like the roof of Police Station for example, you're going to take serious damage. One kick can easily send someone stumbling off the edge, but in order for melee to cause someone to fall off an edge, they would have to fail to block in order to get knocked off.

Kicks are low damage per hit because they're mostly for moving enemies around. They aren't supposed to be super strong attacks on their own.
6 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Taking a shot for an ally

As it is for now,when diving a player,every shot that gets to you is directed to the dived player (If I'm not mistaken).
It would be nice,if the dived player is an ally,to get the shot instead of him.

It's a small change,but I think it would add that little dramatic moment to a scene. Even more cinematic if that's the last shot a player can take.
8 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Armadyl5 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Del Poncho wrote:Taking a shot for an ally

As it is for now,when diving a player,every shot that gets to you is directed to the dived player (If I'm not mistaken).
It would be nice,if the dived player is an ally,to get the shot instead of him.

It's a small change,but I think it would add that little dramatic moment to a scene. Even more cinematic if that's the last shot a player can take.

What if it Was Depending On The Direction Your Diving ?

if you dived someone , and a bullet came from his direction , he still gets hit .

if you dived someone and a bullet came from the other direction (In Your Back) , You Take The Bullets .
0 x
Never Surrender !

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:01 pm

That would make this useless,since if you're on the right side of the bullet,you're already the one taking the damage.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Armadyl5 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:27 pm

Del Poncho wrote:That would make this useless,since if you're on the right side of the bullet,you're already the one taking the damage.
ah , never mind then , I didn't think about it that way . :oops:
0 x
Never Surrender !

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:39 am

maybe make players lose stamina while hanging on ledges???
3 x
but in reality

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:46 pm

I already asked for this before, but recieved no response. If you did consider it or not, tell me
I want the second attack in the 3 punch combo to be the an elbow smash, like in the original SF.
It would also be nice if you could chain kicks together with the punch combo
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:23 pm

mgtr14 wrote:I already asked for this before, but recieved no response. If you did consider it or not, tell me
I want the second attack in the 3 punch combo to be the an elbow smash, like in the original SF.
It would also be nice if you could chain kicks together with the punch combo
We do not respond on every singe post and reply because we don't have time. But we do read all ideas and suggestions. Other than that you should elaborate a lot more on your chaining combos - it's too vague and probably NOT a small suggestion anyway.
0 x
Gurt

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:32 am

I suggest making the silenced pistol powerfuler by 0.5 damage, or making it as powerful as a normal pistol : It is as rare as an SMG, yet so weak that certain hosts put one in the default loadout so player aren't left defenless in the begining of a match. I'm pretty sure it have the lowest DPS of all handguns, and no one would prefer it over the magnum , that is only 20% rarer (15 vs 12 spawn rate).
1 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:40 am

Gurt wrote:We do not respond on every singe post and reply because we don't have time. But we do read all ideas and suggestions. Other than that you should elaborate a lot more on your chaining combos - it's too vague and probably NOT a small suggestion anyway.
I understand that you can't respond to every single post.

What i mean by chaining in kicks with the normal punch combo is that you can kick while punching, WITHOUT giving your opponent some time to punch when you are trying to kick.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:00 am

How about a feature where you can actually put a folder in your Maps Folder where you can put maps that you want to play as their own spesific playlist? It would be easy for hosts to run a playlist without having to set them in commands, and especially useful for dedicated server hosting.
5 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:56 am

id like the ability for rocket riders to be able to instantly detonate their rocket by pressing the attack button
3 x
but in reality

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Zyfex wrote:id like the ability for rocket riders to be able to instantly detonate their rocket by pressing the attack button
Makes it too easy for rocket riding players to deal damage if they slightly miss someone which I don't like. Probably not going to happen.
2 x
Gurt

DreTheGamer
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Big Waves
Started SFD: December 2014

Post by DreTheGamer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:37 am

Not sure if anyone had suggested this already, but may I point out that we add a new sidearm to the game? It'll be something that everyone had at least heard of before, and it will also look cool. I'd like to introduce the Heavy Pistol into the game. Yes yes, I know that the magnum does resemble this type of gun, but this'll add more to the variety of sidearms into the game. I'm not the type of guy who knows about the damage & all about weapons in SFD, but for now I'd to give you the type of damage that it could do. The fire rate could be same as the regular pistol in the game and the damage could be similar to the magnum, but maybe decrease it about...uhhh...how about 1.90? I'm not really good at the ratios and statistics part of SFD.

Here's an example of how the gun could look like in the game.
0 x

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:54 am

DreTheGamer wrote:heavy pistol suggestion
I feel like this sort of weapon wouldn't add much in terms of diversity to the weapon pool. Like you said, there would be more sidearms, but we already have a good amount of semiautomatic pistols, like the pistol, the silenced pistol, revolver, and magnum. Also, the heavy pistol seems like an objective upgrade to the regular pistol, while the similar weapons have slight disadvantages that call for a decision to be made on the player's side. I think you should elaborate more on this idea in a topic, because I'm not getting the full notion that this is a necessary or helpful addition.
I guess the devs' opinions are the only ones that matter in this case, though. It's really up to them, and new weapons are surely easily implemented.
1 x
i got wozen fever

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 pm

We used to have a sidearm that did magnum damage at pistol fire rate. It was called the 1.0.5 magnum. It was probably the most broken gun in the game. Picking up the magnum basically killed whoever you pointed it at. If it were still in the game today it would be the best weapon in the game, hands down. The magnum has a low fire rate due to the damage, if it didn't have that problem then the gun would be downright broken.

We don't need a magnum-pistol, trust me. It's toxic for the game.
4 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

IsaacLightning
Meatbag

Post by IsaacLightning » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:44 am

Add "first to x wins" scoring mode, where the first person in the server to reach a specified number of wins wins the current level, and rotates the map
4 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:55 am

It would be nice to have a server command to reset the score counter. For example, I was playing 1v1v1 with friends and whoever got 5 victories first, won, but one of them disconnected them at some point, so I had to re-host.
3 x
Hold your breath.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:51 am

A separate .exe file for the map editor, so the game doesn't need to be run in order to open it.
It would also allow to right click an .sfdm file to "Open with..." the separate map editor and edit a custom map that way, rather than running it and using the "Open" option (which still doesn't show me the maps I download for some reason).
1 x