Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by KliPeH » Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 am

hyper copter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am
I personally think that bows shouldn't shoot when the button is pressed, But when it's released. That's how I got used to bows in any game that included one.
I think this would help differentiate the Bow from other weapons. At the moment it feels like a slightly stronger version of a Magnum. It does 5 more damage and is consistent at that because it seems it cannot crit at all. I almost never find the projectile fall-off making a difference because most encounters happen at close range; I end up simply kiting opponents as if I were using a shotgun.

The Bow should have a very short (1 second?) charge time at the end of which max damage will be dealt (30). Weapon glint/spark can be shown briefly to signify the Bow is fully charged. If the Bow is shot from the hip/without charging it'll deal half damage. A partial charge will deal anywhere between 15 to 30 damage depending on how long the attack button has been held. This will make the Bow unique, up the skill ceiling of using it while making kills with it feel more rewarding.
3 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 am
hyper copter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am
I personally think that bows shouldn't shoot when the button is pressed, But when it's released. That's how I got used to bows in any game that included one.
I almost never find the projectile fall-off making a difference because most encounters happen at close range.
I partly disagree. I know most of this game's encounters happen at close range. But bows are an absolute advantage when it comes to far range. Projectile falling makes it easier to get players behind cover, Or players that are on a platform above you. You just need to master range and timing. I had many encounters where I shoot a bow upwards to hit a player on a platform, The arrow misses and launches to the sky, Dude thinks he's safe, Then my arrow falls staright on his head. The bow is now actually my favourite third slot (rifles) weapon. (used to be sniper rifle)
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Weapons with no spare magazine (i.e. Flamethrower and M60) cannot be restocked using the ammo cache in the helicopter on Helipad. While I understand that they get no extra magazines, they should still be able to be restocked to full ammo using it.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

OREO wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:55 am
So you know that animation where if you’re holding on to a ledge and press the opposite direction of the way your character is facing, well yea that. What if we gave that animation a purpose and make it so that you can shoot with handguns (with one hand of course) and throw knives/grenades/shurikens/bottles etc...

Please stop ignoring me or I’ll cry. (The animation is when you might be holding on a crack on a right-side wall, then hit left, and your character turns around)
I actually made a suggestion about being able to aim and shoot while holding onto ladders and ledges. https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... ges#p15215
I was pretty young and dumb ass then. Wish I had suggested that later rather than sooner.
I still like the idea though, but it must have a downside; Maybe decreased accuracy?
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Mon May 20, 2019 7:02 pm

OREO wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 pm
hyper copter wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am
I still like the idea though, but it must have a downside; Maybe decreased accuracy?
Thanks, Nah no need for a downside, the downside would be that you can only do this with handguns like pistols, and adding this to ladders would probably be cool too, didn’t think of that. I don’t recall ever trying a game where you can shoot while climbing ladders.
Yeah, I never liked having to jump, shoot and grab the ladder again. It's slow and hard.
0 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am

In the host options menu, allow hosts to select which method the game will use to determine the next map in the queue - by voting (the default and the only option currently), by map order (one after another alphabetically), or by a random shuffle. My suggestion is mainly focused on the latter option - I am suggesting you allow hosts to remove the voting ability (including that of the host) and consequentially remove the long idle time that comes with it.

I want the game to just select a random map for me every few rounds so that I don't have to press vote keys or wait the voting period out. Just let me play whichever map you select for me without waiting.
2 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:13 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am
In the host options menu, allow hosts to select which method the game will use to determine the next map in the queue - by voting (the default and the only option currently), by map order (one after another alphabetically), or by a random shuffle. My suggestion is mainly focused on the latter option - I am suggesting you allow hosts to remove the voting ability (including that of the host) and consequentially remove the long idle time that comes with it.

I want the game to just select a random map for me every few rounds so that I don't have to press vote keys or wait the voting period out. Just let me play whichever map you select for me without waiting.
Agreed. I agree with suggestions that involve making a feature optional. Giving freedom to the player (the host in this case, what players can and can't do.) is always a step on the plus side.
2 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Proxmin-O
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Proxmin
Started SFD: August 2016

Post by Proxmin-O » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:13 am

hmm adding musics of hl2 ( Half-Life 2 ) but Sfd's version would be great.

edit: It bothers me but possible to add red smoke trail when flaregun was fired?.( Zyfex's idea)
0 x
"Spriting at it's finest"

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Proxmin-O wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:13 am
hmm adding musics of hl2 ( Half-Life 2 ) but Sfd's version would be great.

edit: It bothers me but possible to add red smoke trail when flaregun was fired?.( Zyfex's idea)
You are able to replace MP3 files. Just download the music you want, go into the music folder, Rename the file that you want to change the music to, to an already existed music file (ex. Shards, Zombie Nightmare etc) then replace the music file in that folder.

For more in-depth instructions, I recommend looking at these posts linked here and here.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:13 pm

"/startscript" should be shortened to "/start" and "/stopscript" should be shortened to "/stop".

"/startscripts" should start all scripts in the library. "/stopscripts" should stop all currently running scripts.

When using "/reloadscripts", you should receive feedback on whether the scripts were successfully refreshed or not. A chat message like "Scripts have been reloaded successfully" will suffice. Whenever I execute the command (a lot when testing scripts) I'm left wondering whether the changes I made have actually been applied or whether I misspelled the word which caused the command not to register.

The error that disables scripts when they contain errors says "Script contain errors" instead of "Script contains errors". This makes the game unplayable for me and should be fixed immediately.

The bastard birds that you free from cages should die in one shot, not sure why the hell they take like 3 Uzi shots and not fucking die.

Shuriken don't break glass windows for some reason. This should be changed.
3 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:29 am

How about adding auto completion feature for players/items when typing commands?
4 x

NearHuscarl
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by NearHuscarl » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm

To expand on Kers ideas. I'd like to see some shortcuts in the input field. Currently there is none, you cant even move the cursor left or right by pressing the arrow keys. I use shortcuts in terminal a lot so it would be a great QoL feature for power users

- Left/Right: Move cursor left/right one character
- Ctrl-Left/Ctrl-Right: Move the cursor backward/forward one word
- Home/End: Move the cursor to start/end of line
- Up/Down: Go backward/forward the command history
- Ctrl-Delete: Delete forward to word break
- Ctrl-Backspace: Delete back to word break

Maybe add max history option in config.ini to limit the number of commands saved in history.
5 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:39 am

Remove collision properties from the sides of platforms.
6 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Port all the in-game tips into an easy-to-read .txt file that will allow players to add their own custom hints, anecdotes or fun facts. Players will then be able to share their custom .txt files to help beginners and veterans alike familiarize themselves with new strategies and exploits.
5 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:32 pm

The game should continue on when there is a streetsweeper present, despite the fact that the rest of the opponents are dead.
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
Post by Katrtlen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Add /ipa [0-1] command for infinite powerup ammo. That means special bullets never reduce from weapon that equipped them. Still needs /ia 1 to be set for infinite ammo since it only affects the power. Very handy in general for maps where you want special ammo to be used the whole time or just make them not annoyingly disappear when having fun on chaotic servers.
2 x
Green buttons are good

Scout[tf2]
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map maker
SFD Account: Scout(tf2)
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by Scout[tf2] » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 am

Ability to wear more than one accessory because I would like to have something like: gas mask and scarf or Goggles and balaclava. Or atleast make this only for level editor.
3 x
I need MOAR HADZ!

MrClownie
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MrClownie

Post by MrClownie » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm

I'm still waiting for the ability to make my character a robot. But eh, it's not a high priority and probably shouldn't be.
3 x

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 am

ImageImage

Please consider color coding street Sweepers. My teammates sometimes end up shooting our own drones and it's frustrating. This is also more visually appealing in my opinion.
15 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:16 am

You know that semi-transparent black box around the chat when you type something? When you hold "z", I think there should be a black box too.
2 x
Hold your breath.