Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Small Suggestions topic

Post by Gurt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:57 pm

To minimize clutter this is the Small Suggestions topic which will allow users to post very small and simple suggestions.

The only rules for this thread are as follows:
1. Only post suggestions for small ideas such as slight adjustments or very small features that doesn't affect the balance of the game that would otherwise be too big for its own topic. Just because the idea can be covered in 2 sentences doesn't necessarily make it a small suggestion if the impacts are huge in the game.

2. Do NOT post Clothing or Map Editor Ideas here. Find the appropriate sticky topics in Superfighters Deluxe Ideas and Suggestions.

3. Post why you think the small feature you suggest suits to be implemented in the game.
Last edited by Gurt on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Gurt

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:20 pm

something i think would be neat is having flare and bazooka rocket trail match one's team color
20 x
but in reality

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47 am

Hjarpe mentioned in the campaigns topic that you thought of adding gestures. It would be cool to be able to sit down in chairs, like in castlevania SOTN. Badass!
14 x
Hold your breath.

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:06 pm

-Bgsound of occasional thunder.
-Farbg occasional thunder effect(s).
-White thunder flash effect. Or, an effect of making textures black/darkened and sky white/bright when thunder strucks.
-An effect of thunder on the first plan, an area with risk of thunder hit and harm.
-An effect of electricity (eg. sparks) for damaged machines, devices or fence.
-An effect of electrical shock and daze for players.
-An effect of heavy rain and raindrops splashing on surface / objects.

Edit: Ouch, if that's a wrong topic for such suggestion, please move to the proper one.
5 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Not sure if this is a map editor suggestion or what but I will post it here anyway , if this is the wrong place then I apologize in advance .

I suggested this many times but it wasn't noticed (I think) .

My suggestion is apocalyptic sounds , these sounds you hear in a zombie apocalypse movie , police car alarms , ambulance sirens , and other sounds that suit the zombie attack theme .

My reason is that it would be a very nice addition to zombie modes , it would add an intense feeling to the gameplay .
2 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:43 am

Small tweaks:
1)If you pick up another weapon for the same slot, the previous weapon will be dropped instead of dissapearing(you know what I mean). Does not apply to throwables or slomo.
2)If you reload with not empty magazine, the bullets will be saved. Now if you reload, you lose the bullets and load a fresh new magazine. 3/1-->6/0
This would also require changes in display of ammo counter.
Lets say, you have a magnum with 3 bullets in the magazine. The reloading should be like this: 3/6-->6/3. See? You still have 3 bullets. Not 6/0.
Anyway, just play a FPS like Counter Strike, Call of Duty etc. and try to reload and you will see what I mean.
Who would want to run out of ammo at a critical time instead of reloading with a half-empty magazine?
Does not apply to bazzoka, shotguns, flare guns and grenade launchers.
1 x
Decisions, decisions.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:12 am

We have designed the game to discard any remaining bullets in the magazine when you reload. Otherwise you would just reload at any time you had a chance to get most out of your gun. If you have a sniper with 1 bullet remaining in the clip, should you reload and lose that bullet or should you use it but leaving you more vulnerable when reloading after using that bullet? It's a small tactical choice that makes all the difference.
8 x
Gurt

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:06 pm

I agree with Gurt. It's a very big balancing decision that keeps guns from being too linear. Sure, I could squeeze all the bullets out of my gun, but my window to deal the most damage might get cut in half after I run out of ammo. This is what makes it a tactical decision - I could reload whenever I want and keep the bullets? Why wouldn't I?
4 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

BLITZER
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Miserable One
SFD Alias: Death
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.9

Post by BLITZER » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:29 pm

non decaying bullets for the chaos vibes
1 x
The worst country ever that doesnt have online purchaseing.
ps:Thats mine

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:42 pm

BLITZER wrote:non decaying bullets for the chaos vibes
Translation: bullet casings don't despawn after they are dropped, giving the battlefield a more chaotic vibe.
3 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:36 pm

KliPeH wrote:
BLITZER wrote:non decaying bullets for the chaos vibes
Translation: bullet casings don't despawn after they are dropped, giving the battlefield a more chaotic vibe.
Thanks for the translation :D That would slow the game down really fast, unfortunately. Each casing is a tiny Box2D object, and those take processor power.
0 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Gunter
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Title?
SFD Alias: Gunter
Started SFD: i think july/2015

Post by Gunter » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Server's Description Why?
With server description the host could tell the rules to the player before they join the game. Besides it would be easier to make people join in servers with hamachi and that would help a lot since there's many people who can't create servers.To keep the servers list compact It should only show up when the mouse is over the server name.

Words Limit
A server description shouldn't be huge, so a limit of 150 characters would be okay.

Text Formatting
This is not necessary, but it would be nice to highlight some words in the description
Last edited by Gunter on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2 x
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
01010011 01110100 01101111 01110000 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Gunter wrote: with server's description the host could inform the rules to the player before they join the game;and it would make it easier to make people join in servers with hamachi.And that would help a lot since there's many people that can't create servers
(sorry for bad english i'm brazilian)
Where would the description be placed? Is there a word limit? What about formatting? Can we format the text to use different colors or allign it differently? Can it be accessible from in-game?

Do elaborate please.
1 x

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:37 pm

One suggestion I have is that, when you hold down the Walk button, your jump height is also shortened. The amount by which your jump is shortened is up to whoever, though.
Last edited by Wozenbelt on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
i got wozen fever

Wizados
Meatbag
Title: To pixel, or not to pixel.
Started SFD: 1.2.0

Post by Wizados » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:20 pm

There should be a way to make weapons unbreakable through host menu or some kind comand :v
I dont like when my melle weapon breaks after few hits...
By weapons i mean all swords that spawns on map... Not bottles or stuff like that
2 x
Pixel is love, Pixel is life.

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:38 am

After a falling body destroyed parts of the right body type the character's head - with skin of fighter :|

And will have actions?
Type

*Call with hand for fight

*Show your muscles

*Make same the winner and get up you hands

??

In future of game is sure. :D
Last edited by Shark on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Just me The Predator!

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Shark wrote:After a falling body destroyed parts of the right body type the character's head
I don't get this part. Could you try to explain it better?
2 x

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:01 am

Maybe after diving a certain distance while holding an opponent you could dismount from them. Like once your body hits a certain angle.
2 x
'<'

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:23 am

• An interface mode (switched to/from with the F9 key) that shows a visual, numeral representation of damage done to fighters in the form of numbers rapidly popping up and disappearing above their heads. Regular damage can be colored in white, while crits can be colored in red/bright orange.

This is the best example I could find to explain what I mean (game is PayDay 2, modded interface);
    ► Show Spoiler
  • (Optional) Toggling this mode on also shows the exact HP of each fighter. While the first option is just used for fun, this one can actually be used when playing in a more competitive environment, which doesn't seem to be the environment the dev team wants to take this game to.
4 x

fancycop
Meatbag

Post by fancycop » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:45 pm

this game is a rely fun game, but sometimes we players get banned from servers permanently so if u could please make the bann from servers temporary for maybe 1 week to a month it would be helpful
2 x