Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
KliPeH
Title: worst moderator on the forum
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by KliPeH » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:53 am

Gurt wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 am
You can ban players by IP or account from a server using the /ban command. Type /help in game for more info. If you're hosting the server software you can right click on any chat entry and select kick or ban.
That's exactly why @Powerbombs put an emphasis on the word "game" - they want to ban the person from all the servers, not just one. I personally feel it's a ridiculous amount of power to give to private server hosts and even if it was only given to people who hold special roles in the community (like the devs) I doubt anything could justify handing out such a punishment to your players. Still, that's the suggestion in a nutshell; it's not like other games didn't do it before.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Banning some player permanently from the game as a private host from all the servers in SFD is not a good idea at all. Someone could just start a troll server and automatically ban anyone joining it - preventing these players from ever accessing a server again preventing them from playing SFD. This sort of ban feature works in other games where the developers have full control over the experience with official servers, server hardware, hired staff, the capacity to implement reporting features for the players and implementing tools to ban players permanently. SFD does not have official servers at all, only private hosted servers.

This is just impossible for the two of us, working on this game in our spare time with no budget for it. A permanent ban feature will never happen for SFD. Some hosts even ban simply because they got killed which I think is poor sportsmanship and that should never result in you being permanently banned from SFD.
1 x
Gurt

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: beta tester
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: tomorrow
Post by Powerbombs » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 pm

i was talking about like a way to report them and then have the person reviewing the report ban them (sorry for not clarifying), which would probably be a mod or admin, possibly through a forum report or an in-game report system. this system is very effective in games i know of and have played before. server hosts should definitely not be given the power to ban someone from the game, only from their server. one ban and you're done, y'know?
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: PhasmicAF
SFD Account: Sree

Post by Sree » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 am

Considering sfd's community and it's technical staff, I don't think reporting mechanic would do well either. The mods would have fun time reviewing reports like "this noob 2v1" or "hardscoper" lmao

even if the reports look legitimate, there is no way for the devs to track it or know what really happened because these aren't official servers which are under their record. in conclusion, neither sfd's servers are suitable for a report system nor is it's dev team big enough to handle it.
2 x

Noble
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel
Started SFD: I'm a newbie, teach me well ;3

Post by Noble » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 am

Sree wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 am
Considering sfd's community and it's technical staff, I don't think reporting mechanic would do well either. The mods would have fun time reviewing reports like "this noob 2v1" or "hardscoper" lmao

even if the reports look legitimate, there is no way for the devs to track it or know what really happened because these aren't official servers which are under their record. in conclusion, neither sfd's servers are suitable for a report system nor is it's dev team big enough to handle it.
I don't think not being able to take care of would be the case here, particularly. If I had to put it in a way, it's like the game is very independent. You don't have to report someone for behaving badly or hacking to the game, but to the server you're in instead. You're not gaining anything when you're playing this, and ranking system doesn't seem to be coming soon, we're all playing just for fun. You can either just move to another server or kick/ban the individual lel. You have a reason to actually report or ban someone from an tourney, like an official one if it even happens someday, but besides this, I don't agree with this suggestion.
0 x
♫ I won't walk into the gates of hell just yet
Though it's where I belong ♪

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:26 am

Let mappers change the Object Type on multiple objects at once when you select multiple items. Being able to change their object ID but not the type is annoying for stuff like platforms with multiple parts.
0 x
hello yes

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:57 pm

M_M_M wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:26 am
Let mappers change the Object Type on multiple objects at once when you select multiple items. Being able to change their object ID but not the type is annoying for stuff like platforms with multiple parts.
If you only select tiles that support changing the object type then you will be able to change the object type to static/dynamic for all selected objects.
1 x
Gurt

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 am

Make it so if you copy a player/AI spawn, it uses the same profile id and stat parameters, its a real pain to Set all of that up if you use a big amout of bot spawns.
1 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:23 pm

The ability for explosions to snuff out ground fires, it makes sense that a huge shockwave would snuff out fire from a small area, it would be one of those small details that make the game just a bit better...

On the topic of snuffing out fires, fires should not be able to exist underneath objects, it makes no sense since fires need oxygen to survive and like us can be suffocated, and do suffocate when smothered with something like a huge crate for example.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Bots shouldn't count towards the player count in the server. When I enabled them the first time I was surprised I could see them on the scoreboard to begin with, and I was even more surprised when I was told my server appeared full from the server browser because it was filled up with bots. Bots aren't real players, and that's reinforced by the fact the game doesn't bother keeping tabs on their score; I don't want bots to take up space players would otherwise fill themselves - I put a bot in that slot because I do want to play against another opponent, but I would've obviously preferred it if another human was using it.

This brings me to the next point, and that is bots don't surrender their spots to real players who wish to join the match as well. In nearly every other multiplayer game I played that also featured AI players, bots were automatically kicked out for the good of real players entering the lobby. I realize some players may specifically want to only play against bots, but that's precisely why there's an Offline mode setting in your host panel. Have it so that if your game is set to Public players will automatically replace bots when joining the game (as long as Open/Bot slots are available), and reserve the Offline mode setting for players who only want to be matched-up against bots.
2 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Metallioneer
SFD Account: Shock
SFD Alias: (#MH):Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:04 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged this standalone thread into the Small Suggestions one.
as this game full of lazy asses i would like to suggest the reducing from "/startscript name" command to "/s name".
2 x
-Minigame-maker.
melodic hardcore the best.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Gimme some Room
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:40 am

What I think would be nice is that if you are playing on a team and someone leaves, than the bot will take that players place until someone else fills that spot
0 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running. :D

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:07 pm

I'd love to see the bots become truly randomly customized (like on the title screen?) instead of having a preset roster of bots be matched against me every time I start a play session. Unless every player gets a different roster of bots on their machine (which I find very unlikely) I'm sure we all got tired of playing against the very same Mick, Li, Hank, Butch etc.
0 x

Diamond TH
Meatbag
Title: Fairplayer
SFD Account: Diamond_TH
SFD Alias: Diamond_TH
Started SFD: May 2015

Post by Diamond TH » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:33 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:07 pm
I'd love to see the bots become truly randomly customized (like on the title screen?) instead of having a preset roster of bots be matched against me every time I start a play session. Unless every player gets a different roster of bots on their own machine (which I find very unlikely) I'm sure we all got tired of playing against the very same Mick, Li, Hank, Butch etc.
Ok, but even if so, what should they do with theirs names then? Leave these and sign the others "BOT, CPU", etc. ? :|
0 x
Image - Noob SuperFighter saying

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Diamond TH wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:33 pm
Ok, but even if so, what should they do with theirs names then? Leave these and sign the others "BOT, CPU", etc. ? :|
There are plenty of Bot name lists out there. You can find a list with 10k names online and have the game randomly choose one from that list with the random customization feature.
1 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Randomly chosing skins can and will create horrible abominations.

But having a bunch of premade characters, that always have the same skin and name, is a better option to me.
This way you can also make use of all those "skin bundles", by having a guy dressed as a policeman, a military man, a thug, a G-Man, etc etc. Hell, you could have all the original cast from Superfighters too!
It would probably give a bit of "familiarity" to those Bots.

And for what matters name, just adding a tag before their name would probably make the trick (so if you see a guy named [BOT] Jeff, you'll know on-the-go you're dealing with a Bot).
3 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:07 pm

I'd still like to see a handful of completely randomized abominations for the list. There's a lot of different clothing options to pick from, so I'm sure at launch there will be more AI outfits that appear in fights.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Gimme some Room
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 am

While we are on the topic of randomising charecters, I think that the randomise charecter button should have an “are you sure?” Warning on it. I cant tell you how many times I had to restart my charecter
1 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running. :D

Alexbra25
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: lucky boy
SFD Account: Alexbra25
SFD Alias: |LPH| Just me
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.6

Post by Alexbra25 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 am

I think there should be an option on the server settings to disable the anti-spam function in the chat. Sometimes I'm trying to talk with friends (even when I'm the host) and the chat doesn't let me, which is very annoying.
2 x
Love will tear us apart

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:37 am

Alexbra25 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 am
I think there should be an option on the server settings to disable the anti-spam function in the chat. Sometimes I'm trying to talk with friends (even when I'm the host) and the chat doesn't let me, which is very annoying.
If I'm not mistaken, you get a message cooldown if you start spamming.
Also, you could just mute people.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.