Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Kyra
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Do your homework.
SFD Account: Howmork
SFD Alias: [JOY] Howmork
Started SFD: Around 1.2.0

MagAssaultRifle vs MagSniperRifle

Post by Kyra » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:36 am

When I was making my upcoming CSGO texture pack, I encountered a problem. The Assault Rifle shared the same magazine as the Sniper rifle. Whenever I reload the Sniper Rifle, an Assault Rifle magazine came out. At first, I thought the Sniper magazine was MagSmall, but that was for another gun. Adding a separate magazine for the Sniper Rifle would be greatly appreciated, and it would be an easy fix for SFD. I also noticed that the Carbine also uses AssaultMag, which again gives me trouble. MP50 and UZI have the same mags too....
Last edited by Kyra on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:57 pm

This has annoyed me from time to time ever since: Not being able to pull down that navy blue "scroll-line" or whatever its called. I was in the keybinds menu a lot today and tried to set the settings for other players so that was a bit of a hassle.
Speaking of, if I'm not mistaken you're not able to collapse the player controls either once you've expanded them. Would be nice

One more idea: Clan Tags. Unlocked after completing a set of challenges, perhaps completing 5 Challenges from every tier? A clan system in general is something you should consider for the future but until then, tags will do.
Last edited by TheBlackshot on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Blame the game, not the player

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:06 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:57 pm
This has annoyed me from time to time ever since: Not being able to pull down that navy blue "scroll-line" or whatever its called. I was in the keybinds menu a lot today and tried to set the settings for other players so that was a bit of a hassle.
KliPeH wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:34 am
Like the title says, the "Browse games" server list isn't manually scroll-able by pressing and dragging the left mouse button even after the list has fully loaded and updated. The mouse wheel works fine but lags behind when there are many servers that try to load in simultaneously, so I think allowing to use the faster LMB variant would be great.

(Yes, I am actually clicking and dragging in the .gif, you can't really tell but trust me on this one)

EDIT: Clicking and dragging the LMB doesn't work with any filtering option. I can only assume this functionality isn't in, and if it is it's simply not working properly.
[Source]
1 x

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by TheBlackshot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Didn't want to edit my reply again. I noticed only after messing around with my controller that holding the throwing button makes you drop your weapon. An On/Off switch like for double tap running and attack + block grabbing would be great
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Meme Activist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:05 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 pm
Didn't want to edit my reply again. I noticed only after messing around with my controller that holding the throwing button makes you drop your weapon. An On/Off switch like for double tap running and attack + block grabbing would be great
That should already be a thing. Try scrolling all the way to the bottom to the MISC controls
0 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running.:D

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:
I noticed only after messing around with my controller that holding the throwing button makes you drop your weapon.
This works with keyboard controls too. It's intentional and was introduced the same patch the throw mechanic was.
TheBlackshot wrote:
An On/Off switch like for double tap running and attack + block grabbing would be great
This setting exists at the bottom of the Key Bindings section.
1 x

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by TheBlackshot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm
TheBlackshot wrote:
An On/Off switch like for double tap running and attack + block grabbing would be great
Where? I looked in other menus too
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 pm
KliPeH wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm
TheBlackshot wrote:
Where? I looked in other menus too
It’s right there... just select it and switch to off. Wait. Do you mean for dropping your weapon? No that’s not a thing.
2 x

OREO
Meatbag
Title: Cookie
SFD Account: OREO
Started SFD: Pre Alpha

Post by OREO » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 am

Hello guys long time no... talk. I left because Iam weird but Iam back mainly for this one post that I didn’t think was appropriate to say on YouTube:

This might sound childish to some but, from what I’ve seen in the gameplay, something bothers me... I’d like it if the game had a no gore option. The extra blood in the game is... disturbing (to me :/).

If this reason is not good enough for you (if my feelings aren’t good enough!! Lol), consider reasons like performance, and visual comfort for people who don’t like the extra floaty pixels (along with that maybe add a colorblind setting, and possibly an option to deactivate the red highlights on objects, or not it might be too much to ask, but...)

Honestly the gore REALLY threw me off in a bad way but. I’ve always enjoyed this game a lot and I want to purchase it. If these settings exist already please let me know, preferably before that sale ends. If any of the devs give me good feedback on this post: I WILL LITERALLY DOWNLOAD THE GAME within the hour I am notified.

Please be considerate and non-judgmental (if thats a word)
Last edited by OREO on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:16 am

OREO wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 am
Hello guys long time no... talk. I left because Iam weird but Iam back mainly for this one post that I didn’t think was appropriate to say on YouTube:

This might sound childish to some but, from what I’ve seen in the gameplay, something bothers me... I’d like it if the game had a no gore option. The extra blood in the game is... disturbing (to me :/).

If this reason is not good enough for you (if my feelings aren’t good enough!! Lol), consider reasons like performance, and visual comfort for people who don’t like the extra floaty pixels (along with that maybe add a colorblind setting, and possibly an option to deactivate the red highlights on objects, or not it might be too much to ask, but...)

Honestly the gore REALLY threw me off in a bad way but. I’ve always enjoyed this game a lot and I want to purchase it. If these settings exist already please let me know, preferably before that sale ends. If any of the devs give me good feedback on this post: I WILL LITERALLY DOWNLOAD THE GAME within the hour I am notified.

Please be considerate and un-judgmental (if thats a word)
Bizzare suggestion, but valid. Not sure it can be implemented though. Simply because there is a chance a body could get gibbed, and it would look really peculiar if those giblets aren’t present.
Last edited by RickAvory on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

OREO
Meatbag

Post by OREO » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 am

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:16 am

Bizzare suggestion, but valid. Not sure it can be implemented though. Simply because there is a chance a body could get gunned, and it would look really peculiar if those giblets aren’t present.
I appreciate the respect man, and the like lol. Yes I thought about that as well, which is also why I like the red flashing in players, I see it as a great alternative for blood, as it notifies the player they are being hurt.

Oh and about getting gibbed, I guess you can’t take that off, but... maybe for the no gore option, when it happens, just take off the blood on the body parts and keep their clothes...? I know this might sound corny but, hey... I want it to be AN OPTION.
Last edited by OREO on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Diamond TH
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fairplayer
SFD Account: Diamond_TH
SFD Alias: Diamond_TH
Started SFD: May 2015

Post by Diamond TH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm

My little suggestion is to limit the activity of games with offensive, abusive, humiliating, inducing to action in real life ( or something like that ) names.
And also names which are meaningless ( like "asdjhfqgwyetqwieu" )
You can add filter of forbidden words or just ban the server for breaking the rules. This will stabilize the situation on the "Browse Games" page.
0 x
Image - Noob SuperFighter saying

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Diamond TH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm
[...] This will stabilize the situation on the "Browse Games" page.
I'm sorry, what's the situation in the "Browse Games" page? I looked for playable servers a couple of days ago and everything looked fine to me.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Diamond TH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm
My little suggestion is to limit the activity of games with offensive, abusive, humiliating, inducing to action in real life ( or something like that ) names.
And also names which are meaningless ( like "asdjhfqgwyetqwieu" )
You can add filter of forbidden words or just ban the server for breaking the rules. This will stabilize the situation on the "Browse Games" page.
Please don’t turn this game into an SJW Safe space. This is a game where you shoot and kill people with blood spattering everywhere. If your goal is to make this game child friendly then this is the wrong game.
1 x

OREO
Meatbag

Post by OREO » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm
Please don’t turn this game into an SJW Safe space. This is a game where you shoot and kill people with blood spattering everywhere. If your goal is to make this game child friendly then this is the wrong game.
The devs can’t control what people say, the people will always know how to curse by adding another letter to a curse word.

But as far as gore, there should be an option to take it off, that’s part of the reason why a game like “ForkKnife” is so popular, kids are allowed to play it just because there’s no gore.

This will broaden the target audience for your game, meaning more sales. I have friends who wanted to try the game and told me they don’t like it because of all the gore. I still haven’t purchased it either for the same reason.

I have nefues, little cousins, I even babysit once in a while... my point is, you want to be in that community, fine, but let other people join and create their own. SFD should be big enough for all kinds of people. That’s why I host, to filter offensive players.
Last edited by OREO on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:12 pm

OREO wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 pm
RickAvory wrote:
The devs can’t control what people say, the people will always know how to curse by adding another letter to a curse word.

But as far as gore, there should be an option to take it off, that’s part of the reason why a game like “ForkKnife” is so popular, kids are allowed to play it just because there’s no gore.

This will broaden the target audience for your game, meaning more sales. I have friends who wanted to try the game and told me they don’t like it because of all the gore. I still haven’t purchased it either for the same reason.

I have nefues, little cousins, I even babysit once in a while... my point is, you want to be in that community, fine, but let other people join and create their own. SFD should be big enough for all kinds of people. That’s why I host, to filter offensive players.
Yeah but... are we going to ignore the fact that the whole goal of the game is to kill people... with guns. Unless we turn the guns to squirt guns and all have pillow fights then I don’t think it’s going to target any younger audiences. If you want to host your own server and play it that way, that’s all on you. I’m sure you can find a script that does it for you.
4 x

OREO
Meatbag

Post by OREO » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Yeah but... are we going to ignore the fact that the whole goal of the game is to kill people... with guns. Unless we turn the guns to squirt guns and all have pillow fights then I don’t think it’s going to target any younger audiences. If you want to host your own server and play it that way, that’s all on you. I’m sure you can find a script that does it for you.
Lol pillow fights and water guns 😂. You funny 😆.

Just because it’s a fighting/shooter game, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have the option to take off blood. I’ve played much more graphic games with the option to remove gore.

LOOK!... SFD is a cute little game, with cute little fighters, holding cute little weapons, on cute little maps, AND YOU CANT TELL ME I AM WRONG. Hell... even the zombies look cute! But blood, that’s not cute.

I like the pixelated graphics don’t get me wrong it’s really appealing, don’t ever change that. Also I still think Iam getting the game today, but I still believe my suggestion would be a great addition to the game :)
Last edited by OREO on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the art of faggotry.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 pm

@OREO Pretty sure there was blood like that in the flash version. I mean the gore is pretty cartoony, I've seen Tom and Jerry arcade games that show cartoony blood in a similar fashion, but I do see where you're coming from - It wouldn't hurt to have this option.
4 x
-Evilsack

Diamond TH
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fairplayer
SFD Account: Diamond_TH
SFD Alias: Diamond_TH
Started SFD: May 2015

Post by Diamond TH » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 am

RickAvory wrote:
OREO wrote:
KliPeH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm
I'm sorry, what's the situation in the "Browse Games" page? I looked for playable servers a couple of days ago and everything looked fine to me.
You're right, I shouldn't have drawn all the conclusions based only on my native language XD. But it would be superfluous to add a filter? It seems to me that if the players bypass it in any way, it will look more ridiculous than insulting. Even if the game all about killing other players nobody have the rights to insult people in any way, and you never know which kind of a person will buy the game so i think it is better to do it in advance.
0 x
Image - Noob SuperFighter saying

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Diamond TH wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 am
RickAvory wrote:
OREO wrote:
KliPeH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm
You're right, I shouldn't have drawn all the conclusions based only on my native language XD. But it would be superfluous to add a filter? It seems to me that if the players bypass it in any way, it will look more ridiculous than insulting. Even if the game all about killing other players nobody have the rights to insult people in any way, and you never know which kind of a person will buy the game so i think it is better to do it in advance.
Insulting people is bad... but enforcing a restricted chat amongst all players is a god awful idea
1 x