Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

A new grenade : flashbang

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
000bny000
Meatbag

A new grenade : flashbang

Post by 000bny000 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:28 pm

a grenade tactic to use in matches

it was a grenade that would produce a flash would blind and all who were staring at her

even those who were not turned facing her would be deaf for a while

The effect varies with the distance from the explosion

very close to the player would be deaf and dumb for seven seconds ( this is just an example) while the player was further would be 5 seconds

and the player who was on the other side of the map would not be affected

this grenade would have the same physics a grenade she could be kicked or cooked before being thrown
2 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:08 pm

You seem to really like rushing to create a new threads about these grand ideas you have without fully explaining what your suggestions do or how they benefit the game. Elaborate.

How would the flash effect be shown in-game? Is it just a status effect, or will it literally turn the screen white and play a ringing sound to deafen the player? Will other players see if you're stunned via a special indicator or an animation? Will you be able to use melee weapons or ranged weapons in the duration of the stun? Can you still take aim? Will you be able to move while stunned? How big will be the area of effect? How the heck do you represent "dumb" in-game?

If I still need to ask so many basic questions after going through your thread your idea wasn't well thought out. Don't be so quick to suggest things if you're not willing to explain yourself or figure how the concept would work out.
3 x

000bny000
Meatbag

Post by 000bny000 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:07 pm

KliPeH wrote:You seem to really like rushing to create a new threads about these grand ideas you have without fully explaining what your suggestions do or how they benefit the game. Elaborate.

How would the flash effect be shown in-game? Is it just a status effect, or will it literally turn the screen white and play a ringing sound to deafen the player? Will other players see if you're stunned via a special indicator or an animation? Will you be able to use melee weapons or ranged weapons in the duration of the stun? Can you still take aim? Will you be able to move while stunned? How big will be the area of effect? How the heck do you represent "dumb" in-game?

If I still need to ask so many basic questions after going through your thread your idea wasn't well thought out. Don't be so quick to suggest things if you're not willing to explain yourself or figure how the concept would work out.
work as in all games , the screen would be white and a sharp sound would cause the player not hear anything

Added in 23 seconds:
one symbol on top of the character would indicate that he would be the effect of the flash bang
Last edited by KliPeH on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quoting.
0 x

NoOne
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: LegioNPL
SFD Alias: None
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.0

Post by NoOne » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:09 pm

000bny000 wrote: even those who were not turned facing her would be deaf for a while
Hmm i don't think so players turned face in the other side (sry for english) shouldn't be deaf.
But great idea.
0 x
Don't mess with mad guy

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:52 am

can we not make this csgo pls
3 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

CommonPlayerSk
Meatbag

Post by CommonPlayerSk » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:36 pm

I liked this idea a lot!!
There would be a quick white explosion effect and people within a range would get blind and with a sound playing like high frequency or something.
This would last for some seconds and this duration would decrease as the player is getting out of range.
People turned the opposite way would get a quick white flash (maybe less than 1 sec) and it doesn't matter if he's far or close, being within the range he' ll always get this quick flash.
Banged players would have a special animation, like his hands covering his eyes or some particles to indicate that he's blind. they could still use guns and weapons, but not aim them. Also they'll get slower. This is perfect!
1 x

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:14 pm

I think if a player is flash stunned they should still be able to move and aim, but the input would be executed randomly; they walk left and the effect makes them randomly sprint, walk or run. They go to aim and they randomly alt aim or start aiming straight up.
0 x
'<'

Elite Hunter
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Elite Hunter » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:46 pm

I don't get how a flash bang would be so affective on a 2-D game. You are just taking components from fps games and try to stick them in without thought
2 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:02 am

Like most weapons that appear in other games, we've thought about this as a feature. My best idea so far is to simply invert the controls of the affected player - left and right become inverted, up becomes crouch, down becomes jump. Same with aiming and so forth. A white spinning icon would indicate a flashbang'd player. We might still add this at some point, but no promises.
7 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:22 pm

the only thing i can say is that naw the use of the granade is much more real like and regarding to the flashbang it shoud have the same range of blinding as the normal granade has to offer in her explosion range
And Hjarpe youre work is amazing!!!!
0 x

CommonPlayerSk
Meatbag

Post by CommonPlayerSk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Elite Hunter wrote:I don't get how a flash bang would be so affective on a 2-D game. You are just taking components from fps games and try to stick them in without thought
Well, I've already seen some flashbangs in other 2d games like cobalt from Mojang. Let's add it but slightly different.
0 x

Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
Post by Katrtlen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
Please do not connect my suggestion with https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... =flashbang.
My idea is also about flashbang but with totally different mechanics + that post has 2 years already.

New throwable weapon: Flashbangs

Similar in usage like Grenades, after pulling out pin it cooks for same amount of time (3 sec). Even though flashbang is a thin long rectangle which seems to stop moving after landing, It has slightly icy fraction so after touching ground it will slide a bit on longer side. While it's cooking, it will release a minimum amount of white smoke, and while explosion it will make a quick cloud of those particles.

So, what it does? Every player (no matter of team) close to bursting flashbang will get a deaf effect for half a minute. Player with deaf effect doesn't see aiming crosshair and it's every projectile has x1.5 inaccuracy / spread mutliplayer. To make it less annoying (eg. situation where after effect disappears enemy will throw another one), player who was deafened is partially immune to more flashbangs in current round. Crosshair still disappears but there will be no inaccuracy multiplayer (eventually x1.1-x1.2 this time). Weapons with perfect accuracy will also get spread, though missing crosshair without spread is pointless when someone has laser sight (that's why eventually x1.1-x1.2)

Image: https://i.imgur.com/C32EHvS.png
2 x
Green buttons are good

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:02 am
Like most weapons that appear in other games, we've thought about this as a feature. My best idea so far is to simply invert the controls of the affected player - left and right become inverted, up becomes crouch, down becomes jump. Same with aiming and so forth. A white spinning icon would indicate a flashbang'd player. We might still add this at some point, but no promises.
I don't really agree with your idea, people can often get used to inverted controls, and after the weapon has run its course it'll really only be useful against new players and not viable at all for anything but trolling.

It'd be better to add a visible stun effect on someone once they are hit, slow them down a notch and play a slight ringing sound on their end, along with also removing crosshairs for aiming and such for the detail points.

This would make the weapon much more viable in higher skill matches since speed is everything in an SFD match.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 pm

StarNord wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:58 pm
Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:02 am
I don't really agree with your idea, people can often get used to inverted controls, and after the weapon has run its course it'll really only be useful against new players and not viable at all for anything but trolling.

It'd be better to add a visible stun effect on someone once they are hit, slow them down a notch and play a slight ringing sound on their end, along with also removing crosshairs for aiming and such for the detail points.

This would make the weapon much more viable in higher skill matches since speed is everything in an SFD match.
To add to your point.

Long term players would already be somewhat familiar with inverted controls due to the fact when you leave a portal the movement key is in the opposite direction.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Yigrido
Fighter
Fighter
Title: zyfex is our savior
SFD Account: Bobbydied
SFD Alias: Yigrido
Started SFD: August 2018
Post by Yigrido » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:53 pm

StarNord wrote:
Hjarpe wrote: Like most weapons that appear in other games, we've thought about this as a feature. My best idea so far is to simply invert the controls of an affected player - left and right become inverted, up becomes crouch, down becomes jump. Same with aiming and so forth. A white spinning icon would indicate a flashbang'd player. We might still add this at some point, but no promises.
I don't really agree with your idea, people can often get used to inverted controls, and after the weapon has run it's course it'll only work against new players and not viable at all for anything but trolling.

It'll be better to add a visible stun effect on someone once they are hit, slow them down a notch and play a slight ringing sound on their end, along with also removing crosshairs for aiming and such for the detail points.

Why not just make the invertion random? That would make sure nobody but the extremely skilled could get used to the inverted controls.
0 x
I try so hard to tryhard, but I can't tryhard no matter how hard I try.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Yigrido wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:53 pm
Why not just make the invertion random? That would make sure nobody but the extremely skilled could get used to the inverted controls.
I don’t think “random invertness” is a good idea, but it’s a good concept. Maybe random events. Maybe one time your controllers will be inverted maybe other times you will be stunned etc etc. just a thought.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

Post by piterskiy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:21 pm

dont really know, flashbang will feel strange in 2d game
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:14 am

OVERVIEW
  • Stun grenades make your screen turn white for five seconds with a beeping sound playing over/covering all other sounds. (including/excluding music)
  • Stun grenades will do their effect only when your fighter's head is in the sight of the grenade when it explodes.
  • You can avoid the effect by simply looking in a different direction or making sure that your fighter's head is not in the sight of the stun grenade.
USES
  • Simply blinding your opponents. (or your teammates, based on how the fuck you want to play)
OPTIONAL IDEAS
(not part of the suggestion)
  • Adding an animation that plays when a fighter is stunned, Informing other players about it.
BALANCING
  • Increasing/reducing the time of the stun grenade's effect.
DISCUSSION
  • I can see stun grenades as a way to slow down your opponents a bit, Making an escape from a lot of situations i can imagine.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:34 am

I don't like the idea of flashing white over the screen, it would be very intrusive and unfitting in a 2d game, more so with an obnoxious COD-esque ringing sound playing in the background

If flashbangs are to be added, they should simply stun you as in make your character either come to a complete halt (like Mcree's flashbang in Overwatch) or slow you down and make you unable to do anything but move around at a crawl's pace (while maybe showing a cartoony effect over your head of orbiting stars).

however there is also the issue of spamming flashbangs at a player which would be problematic and hard to get around without forcing an unrealistic cooldown or limiting the amount to only 1 flashbang (even with infinite ammo enabled)
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: hey
SFD Account: jlo
Started SFD: March 2017

Post by jlo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:36 am

Yeah so I will explain it.

Basically this will be a throwable weapon only. Where if you throw the grenade, it basically explodes white, and then stuns the opponent that was thrown to. So If I throw a stun grenade at a AI for example, the AI movement and everything will be slowed for a period of time. So if you move you'll basically be in slow motion as your stunned. If your right next to the person that you stun like a feet away, you'll still be affected. So it's good for mid and long range.
I think this item will be pretty useful and fun to play around with. It can even be useful for killing a opponent.
By the way if the opponent is getting hit with any melee weapon while stunned. Once they fall on the ground and get up they wont be stunned anymore.

If you want more ideas around it just let me know I think this is a cool implementation to SFD.
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861