Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Gore and dismemberment idea

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Amek747PL
Meatbag
SFD Alias: Amek
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Gore and dismemberment idea

Post by Amek747PL » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:33 pm

The gore and dismemberment would really make the game look much better. It will be some stuff, so I'll write this down in points.
ヽ(ʘᗝʘ)ノ

Blood:
  1. Blood color
    I think that the blood is too bright. It's actually dark orange. I think that the blood should be much darker... or red, at least. ;-;
  2. Blood particles
    When you get hit, there is a blood spurt and you can see some blood particles fall on the ground, but there is something that looks like red/orange steam. It's just... just bad. I think it should be deleted.
  3. Background blood
    I also think that it would be nice to implement blood on background. I mean - map editor's blood, that will look like dried blood, and the "gameplay blood", that will be created during the actual gameplay. Both types will have their own shapes:
    1. bullet hits blood - the blood created on the background when a sniper rifle bullet or a few shotguns pellets hit a player, it's big and has an irregular shape and an animation of dripping.
    2. slash attacks blood - the blood created on the background when the player gets hit by a finishing slash attack or a stunning slash attack, it has a longitudinal shape and an animation of dripping.
    3. blunt attacks blood - the blood created on the background when the player gets hit by a flare, a finishing blunt attack or a stunning blunt attack, it has a a shape like this and an animation of dripping.
    4. explosion hits blood - it's created on the background when the player gets a lot of damage from explosion or a body gets gibbed, it is large (larger than a player), has round shape with a few "lines" of blood coming from it and a short animation of dripping.
Player damage:
  1. Body damage
    1. after a player gets hit by a slash attack, there's a chance that a slash mark will appear on his body
    2. after a player gets hit by a blunt attack, there's a chance that a bruise will appear on his uncovered body parts
    3. after a player gets hit by a bullet there's a chance that a bullet hole will appear on his body
    4. after a player gets ignited, the flame damage marks will appear on his uncovered body
  2. Clothes damage
    1. after a player gets hit by a blunt attack or a slash attack, his belt can break and fall off
    2. after a player gets ignited, the flame damage marks will appear on his clothes
    3. after a player wearing a coat gets hit by a slash attack, a slash mark would appear the part that doesn't cover the body
    4. after a player wearing a coat gets hit by a bullet, there's a chance that a bullet hole will appear on the part that doesn't cover the body
  3. Wearable items damage
    1. Masks
      • gas mask - glass can be broken, its filter can fall off
      • welding helmet, goalie mask, restraint mask - scratches can appear on them
    2. Hats
      • ALL - flame damage marks, can fall off
    3. Other
      • cigar, earpiece - can be cut and their parts can fall off
      • glasses, sunglasses, googles - can fell off, while on the ground they can be stomped
  4. Finishers
    1. Last-hitting with slash attacks
      • decapitation - head falls off and the blood squirts from the neck, after it the body falls backwards or forward.
      • throat slit - the player holds his neck to stop the blood, but it still squirts, player falls on his knees and after it, he dies.
      • arm cutoff - player's arm falls off and tries to stop the bleeding by holding his wound (the enemy can decide to cut more - he can cut off his second arm and at the end, his head), it ends the same way as the decapitation, but he can also fall on his knees. AWESOME! :D
      • evisceration - player holds his stomach to prevent his guts from falling out (but he fails, duh), before he falls on his knees and dies, the enemy can cut one more time, so the guts will fall out. Brutal... :twisted:
    2. Last-hitting bullets
      • decapitation - can be perfomed with shotguns, Magnum or Sniper Rifle, the only difference between the slash attack decapitation is that the head explodes.
      • headshot - can be performed with any weapon, the player gets shot in his head and falls backwards, it does damage to his masks and his hat falls off.
      • shot on the run - if the player was shot with a weak weapon (e.g. Pistol, Submachine Gun) he falls in the direction he was running too, if he was shot with a powerful weapon (e.g. Sniper Rifle, M60, shotguns at short range) he falls in the direction opposite to the one he was shot from (also applies to the situation when the player is standing still).
      • shot in the legs while on the run - the player falls down, but he still can crawl and use one-handed weapons (e.g. Magnum, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Flare Gun). He can also arm a grenade.
Last edited by Amek747PL on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
Why am I Chopin?
Ok, so... here's my Steam.

Blast
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.3.1

Post by Blast » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Oh god, I'd wish this actually was a feature, but it should have a option to turn it off from the settings if people doesn't like too much gore.
1 x
An eye for an eye doesn't leave the whole world blind.

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Amek747PL wrote: [*] shot in the legs while on the run - the player falls down, but he still can crawl and use one-handed weapons (e.g. Magnum, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Flare Gun). He can also arm a grenade.[/list][/list][/list]
Wait, when would that happen? If player has no more HP? Something like last Stand from Call of Duty? If HP doesn't have to be depleted to 0 before getting ''shot in the legs while on the run'' then it's unfair because you can be left to crawl with much HP

>gets shot in the legs
>stops bleeding still has shitload of HP
>enemy walks to him
>shots his head
>head explodes
>instakill

You are litterally left defensless if you don't have any good weapon because you are moving very slow.
0 x
Decisions, decisions.

Amek747PL
Meatbag

Post by Amek747PL » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Scarface wrote:
Amek747PL wrote: [*] shot in the legs while on the run - the player falls down, but he still can crawl and use one-handed weapons (e.g. Magnum, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Flare Gun). He can also arm a grenade.[/list][/list][/list]
Wait, when would that happen? If player has no more HP? Something like last Stand from Call of Duty? If HP doesn't have to be depleted to 0 before getting ''shot in the legs while on the run'' then it's unfair because you can be left to crawl with much HP

>gets shot in the legs
>stops bleeding still has shitload of HP
>enemy walks to him
>shots his head
>head explodes
>instakill

You are litterally left defensless if you don't have any good weapon because you are moving very slow.
These are the FINISHERS - it has to be a hit that would kill you.
1 x
Why am I Chopin?

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:15 pm

LoL, I and my friends we were arguing about it (°3°) is nice idea this :)
1 x
Just me The Predator!

Wizados
Meatbag
Title: To pixel, or not to pixel.
Started SFD: 1.2.0

Post by Wizados » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:25 pm

This ideas are disgusting, horrible and probably made by some kind of psychopath...
I LOVE EM' :twisted:
0 x
Pixel is love, Pixel is life.

francoglop1
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Bladed maniac
Post by francoglop1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:45 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Last edited by francoglop1 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Amek747PL
Meatbag

Post by Amek747PL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:38 pm

francoglop1 wrote:
shot in the legs while on the run - the player falls down, but he still can crawl and use one-handed weapons (e.g. Magnum, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Flare Gun). He can also arm a grenade.
Maybe when you have little to no health and you get shooted by a weak weapon (not more powerful than a revolver bullet) in the legs,you can pull out any ranged weapons that require one hand to shoot (pretty much all of the sidearms, throwables, and some one handed main weapons like the grenade launcher) and use it against your enemy. However, you'll die in 10 seconds by blood loss or you can get killed by a single bullet or hit from any weapon. Regardless from what you do, you'll still die in 10 seconds or so, but if you manage to kill your opponent in those 10 seconds or less, you'll win the round.
To put it in a simple way:

-guy 1 with little to no health gets shot in the legs by guy 2 with a weak weapon
-guy 1 falls to the ground, armed with a magnum and some grenades. He could be killed by guy 2 with a single shot or hit from any weapon.
-guy 1 pulls out magnum or grenades and kills guy 2, winning the round.
-guy 1 dies from blood loss, still counting the win.
Already told Scarface about it - those are finishers, so you should have died from that shot and the fact you got a bullet to your legs is a chance for you, but I think it shouldn't make you able to win it, because it would be frustrating for the player that lost a fight because of that.
0 x
Why am I Chopin?

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Anything considered 'gruesome' doesn't really fit the theme of SF. The only gore currently in the game is the exaggerated meat chunks that come off the player when gibbed by something, which is pretty similar to other cartoon-y games like TF2.

Besides, seeing how something more simplistic like a female model is considered a stretch goal, I can only imagine what this would be in comparison.
1 x
hello yes

RustyCage
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Here's...Rusty...fuck that's o
SFD Alias: Maniac
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1
Post by RustyCage » Mon May 30, 2016 9:43 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
As a result of a change in Rule #12, RustyCage's separate topic ("Melee Kills") has been merged into this one (Amek747PL's "Gore and dismemberment idea").
Note that some of the replies past this post are directed at this suggestion rather than the one in the original post.
My idea is:So lets say u have a machete and u fight a guy.On the last hit u dont do the regular hit and u cut is arm of or you stab him in the chest like in Barbarian Ounslaught.This should be like a 50% if it does it or not.I think this will be cool and it will add more variety to the game
1 x
Killing is nothing...it's how you do it that matters

Hoang Marcel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Custom map lover
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Hoang Marcel » Tue May 31, 2016 2:52 pm

Put your idea at Superfighters Deluxe Ideas and Suggestions forum
viewforum.php?f=9
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue May 31, 2016 2:57 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Hoang Marcel wrote: Put your idea at Superfighters Deluxe Ideas and Suggestions forum
viewforum.php?f=9
Thread moved to the Ideas and Suggestions section.
0 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Tue May 31, 2016 5:24 pm

This is basically the same as in "gore and disemblent idea"(which is cool, if done well)
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Pryce
Meatbag

Post by Pryce » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:00 am

the choke one that darth vader does xD
1 x
Heya! :twisted:

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:55 am

Nice idea, it should be optional to do that, cause it whold take long
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Pryce
Meatbag

Post by Pryce » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 pm

then how about they carry the player and choke it to death?
1 x

RustyCage
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Here's...Rusty...fuck that's o
SFD Alias: Maniac
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1
Post by RustyCage » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Yeah it should be optional good point.You can chose do a cool kill or just hit him and get away faster.
1 x
Killing is nothing...it's how you do it that matters

Pryce
Meatbag

Post by Pryce » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:11 pm

or if you have a gun u headshot it lol

Added in 35 seconds:
anyway im saying u melee somebody but u have a gun like snipers etc.
1 x

Raptor
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Pro
Started SFD: 0.0.0 I'm SFD
Location: In the secret base of the SFD masters who snipe people's heads off

Post by Raptor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:34 pm

II LOOPVE THISSS ITS SOO FREAKEN AWESOME !!!good job Amek:) excpeacially those finishers like the slag in the neck and holdin ur neck till u die on ur knees :D. I hope his gets added to the game and I think Blast has a point to wanting the feature or not wanting it .for mmms sake ...
0 x
im back guys!!!!!!

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:14 pm

The blood should definetely be in the game, i hope it can fall on other objects too, instead of just staying in the background.

As for the finishers, my only problem is when you crawl after getting shot in the legs, aren't they supposed to be a finisher? It's annoying when a shot that should kill your enemy instead DOESN'T kill him.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!