Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Re: Map Editor Suggestions

Post by Motto73 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:57 am

I wonder if the Script_Api would let us handle more tuff with bullets. Like they could be handled as objects and other objects would call for a method when they are hit by a projectile.

Other feature is that we could be able to draw collision-based rays. Like we set a point somewehere, and then the direction, and get the information if there are colliders, how many and how far away.
0 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:22 pm

there is an old suggestion that i want to bring up again , which is the Ability to set the player on a free fall state by script , just like when falling or dying , should be as easy in the API as "ply.SetFreeFall" or something ...
1 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Armadyl5 wrote:there is an old suggestion that i want to bring up again , which is the Ability to set the player on a free fall state by script , just like when falling or dying , should be as easy in the API as "ply.SetFreeFall" or something ...
I have tried to make this so hard. The other similiar thing is ability to stop players from ledgegrabbing. The only way I got it was setting infinite health for about 200ms and then shoot the player with sniper or magnum. Not a very good way, so this would be very nice to get!
1 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:53 pm

There is Also "IsJumping" , it will be much more useful than "IsInMidAir" , as it triggers ONLY when the Player is Holding Down The Jump Button .
1 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:42 am

Armadyl5 wrote:i would like to suggest "IsHit" as an addition to the API , if the player is hit (the animation of being hit plays) , it would be very useful for certain types of scripts .
Even I've said it :D , here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14#p14
Motto73 wrote:I wonder if the Script_Api would let us handle more tuff with bullets. Like they could be handled as objects and other objects would call for a method when they are hit by a projectile.
In a future version we could be able to handle bullets, isn't sure but one time Gurt said:
Gurt wrote:Projectiles are not ordinary objects in SFD. They can not be registered, read or manipulated through the ScriptAPI today.
in my opinion, that means will be possible later
Motto73 wrote: Other feature is that we could be able to draw collision-based rays. Like we set a point somewehere, and then the direction, and get the information if there are colliders, how many and how far away.
Good point, a kind of raycast, this is the concept of the Laser Sight but could be also invisible at the players sight.
2 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:05 am

I don't know if this is just forgotten thing, or just a bug or something:

We are able to set the camera area over an object. Then we can get the Caamera Area and save it as an area. The thing is, that we can't save areas directly from IObjects. Could it be possible someday? Like Area thisArea=(IObject) obj;

And it would really be helpful if we had a ctr+f option to search for CustomId's or tile types...
0 x

Kyra
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Do your homework.
SFD Account: Howmork
SFD Alias: [JOY] Howmork
Started SFD: Around 1.2.0

Post by Kyra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:05 am

IDK if this was already said, but there should be a better way to find the coordinates of the map... Instead of placing blocks where the boarder of the map and then finding the cords to type in the camera boader thing for all sides. TBH it a hassle to do... (Idea was from Retired Santa)
:3
1 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Toggle rotation for a tile in game. It's more or less what happens now with the slow mo powerup and this should be controlled with markers.
1 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Poison and Poison area in purple color (Liquid like a acid)
1 x
Just me The Predator!

ChaoticPanda
Meatbag
Title: A Mellow Yellow
SFD Alias: Yellow
Started SFD: Early 2015
Post by ChaoticPanda » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:46 am

Can we please be able to change the color of cars? Seriously, it would look really nice. I even made a mock-up of a few different colors.
Bonus taxi + police car:
Heck, even some different models for the cars would make me a happy camper. :D
13 x
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:49 am

Kyra wrote:IDK if this was already said, but there should be a better way to find the coordinates of the map... Instead of placing blocks where the boarder of the map and then finding the cords to type in the camera boader thing for all sides. TBH it a hassle to do... (Idea was from Retired Santa)
:3
You can already do this, when you move your cursor around it shows the coordinates of your cursor at the bottom of the map editor; the text is kinda small but the map editor does show the coordinates of your cursor.
1 x
'<'

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:10 am

New area: TeleportArea. Will teleport the player to the place where TeleportEndArea(That should be a mark placeable on a map) is. It's up to devs to decide whether we should have telefrags.
Let me explain what is a telefrag. It's when a player teleports in (almost)same place where other player stands, the lattter will be gibbed.

Why we should have this? Well, it would be a quick way to transport players to different parts of the map, and it would be useful for players to transport themselves at their own will.
3 x
Decisions, decisions.

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Scarface wrote:New area: TeleportArea. Will teleport the player to the place where TeleportEndArea(That should be a mark placeable on a map) is. It's up to devs to decide whether we should have telefrags.
Let me explain what is a telefrag. It's when a player teleports in (almost)same place where other player stands, the lattter will be gibbed.

Why we should have this? Well, it would be a quick way to transport players to different parts of the map, and it would be useful for players to transport themselves at their own will.
I think that will be better to the devs if someone will do this with scripts, it's actually very simple to create multiple teleport with and without the gib feature only with two functions.

Post your request (with accurate documentation of how that would work) in the script section, I cannot send the script here because could be off topic.
2 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:48 am

A few suggestions:
  • Allow for mass-applying properties to a specific layer - I sometimes implement solid tiles for a more 'popping' visual and to apply some extra depth, but going and using the 'altercollisiontile' marker on every single tile is tedious and leaders to screen clutter if you use this a lot. Being able to select global properties to a layer would be extremely useful in this situation, or -
  • Allow an option to treat tiles as background/foreground tiles in a tile's properties listing so don't need to keep putting down a marker that effects a load of tiles.
  • Allow choosing of a tile's "material" in its properties listing, so you can adjust the footstep sound or outright remove it. This really bugs me because invisible blocks/platforms currently have no footstep noise and its really obvious when trying to make paths.
Map Editor Visual and In-Game Visual to help get my point across where something like this actually comes in effect.
5 x
hello yes

Jojopeterjohn
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Person
SFD Account: SuperFunk
SFD Alias: Jojopeterjohn
Started SFD: Since the original SF

Post by Jojopeterjohn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:03 pm

I think there should be a background door to match the red wood tiles.
Tiny example: Image
2 x
"What?"
-Albert Einstein

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:02 am

Popup text needs its own delay timer so it's a lot more space efficient to chain together popup text triggers.
0 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi all!

I am gonna suggest here two new markers that would awesomely enchant the gameplay and map-making:

1. OnClickTrigger

Suggestions on how the OnClickTrigger could look like in editor

Basically this trigger could work like the ActivateTrigger, but instead of tracking the player it wouldlisten the mouse input. When the mouse is on this trigger, the Highlight Object would be highlighted.

Properties:
Code tree:

2. Camera

Examples of CameraMarker in editor

A whole new camera system, based on CameraMarkers.

Properties:

Code tree:

How would it work then?

The camera component could be sized with the scale of one world unit (commonly pixels) simply by dragging it like AreaTrigger or any other sizeable tile, but smaller units.
Examples:
World-unit based camera in the editor. Note that the marker symbol stays in the uper left corner.
Scaling based on the normal 8-pixel tiles

Some items defined by the IObjectCameraMarker:

Code: Select all

/// <summary>
/// The users who will see the rendering of this camera. Default everyone.
/// </summary>
IUser[] Spectators [get, set]

/// <summary>
/// The size of the area that the camera renders. Scales with one world unit.
/// </summary>
Point Size;	[get, set]

/// <summary>
/// Is the camera rendering actively?
/// </summary>
Bool IsActive; [get] [Maybe also set] (if not then Activate())

/// <summary>
/// The objects to follow if camera is set dynamic. Default every player.
/// </summary>
BaseObject[] ObjectsToFollow; [get, set]

Some optional improvements:

Code: Select all

/// <summary>
/// On which place this camera renders on the winodw? Like, left upper quarter, right half, etc.. Can be used to render multiple cameras, like peope could have their own cameras and one big whole-map-camera on the right upper corner.
/// </summary>
Rectangle WiewportRectangle; [get, set]

//A small addition to Game namespace
/// <summary>
/// Overrides map script calls for methods like Game.SetCameraArea(). Only for extension scripts. Would prevent some Camera bugs in scripted maps.
/// </summary>
Game.OverrideCameraSettings()
Please think of these, give your own suggestions and discuss more. I really want the devs to see this.

and sorry klipr for making a new topic
Last edited by Motto73 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:08 pm

I really like how the camera is handled, and the possibilities with the mouse integrations for the gameplay are endless, I only think that the main gameplay idea of Gurt and Hjarpe didn't supposed to use mouse a lot(so far only the menu). But at this point, if this suggestion will be inserted in the developer's todo list (maybe as as stretch goal) could be a bigger step with the keyboard bindings or, as for the mouse, the key trigger.
3 x

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 pm

The main thing that would be awesome for click triggers is creating your own menus within maps and scripts.
With full control over the clicks and the camera we could do things like:
The match starts and the player sees a black screen with 6 weapon sets, then they can click on one; once everyone picks their weapons the fight starts and the round begins like a normal game.
2 x
'<'

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 am

Somehow I deleted some of my own text in that post, fixed
0 x