Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

How Do I "Git Gud"?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

How Do I "Git Gud"?

Post by GreenyShark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:04 am

So I was hosting a good server, and some dude (Ima call him Egdelord97) Rekt me so bad.
Then Edgelord97 told me to "Git Gud"
and I was like "But how?!
and he said "Git Gud"

So then I decided to start my training.
But I don't know where to start.
Can any helpful pros help me and tell me any good tips and tricks to the game?

I'm just a noob trying to Git Gud
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:20 am

the first method is to not post on the forum asking how to git gud
10 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Keep trying, keep dying, and learn a little each time. Only way I know of.

In later versions you'll be able to practice against bots. I think that's what a lot of people are missing right now.
6 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:52 pm

First, get the theory : What weapon is good in what situation ? Is the machete stronger than the baton ? How much damage does the knife deals when thrown ?

Then apply it. Train your aim, your melee. Be aware of your surrounding. Rush to the weapon crates if you need one, get ready to intercept anyone getting it if you don't.

Git gud.
2 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Everybody knows the only correct way to get better at the game is to challenge another player (preferably Brazilian) to a private match without any pesky guns, a bad, bad grab mechanic, or any other such fun aspects the game might feature. The map in which you battle has to be flat - you cannot have silly thing like "cover", "alternative routes" or a "tactical area of control" disturb the peace that is melee combat in Superfighters Deluxe. You could obviously choose other melee maps, such as a building in the middle of an island, a couple of platforms with a ladder, a platform without a ladder, and flat ground with a staircase, but why have variety when there are 93 absolutely gorgeous flat maps to choose from?

Either way, you then engage in a very strategic, very intense fist fight. You must exploit the fact that you can instantly slam out of dives and that you can simply walk out of your opponent's melee range, and use complex strategies such as mashing the A button or mashing the D button on your keyboard repeatedly. If you do not win, ignore the barrage of insults thrown your way and attempt the fight again. You will eventually win; I believe in you. In such case, a very specific string of words has to be input into the chat text box, as your way of announcing the particular match is now over. You can choose between various phrases such as "rat", "noob", "ez", "XD", ":v" and "br?" to respectfully inform your opponent that the match has ended and the ceremony is complete. You are now one of us; a Superfighter truly worthy of mention.
11 x

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:05 pm

a very specific string of words has to be input into the text box of your chat ,hahahahaha *Face palm*
to have skills in SFD in any map you must play a lot and observe
in melee you must observex2 have a good ping and smash that guys head with youre fist

olso the tutorial needs a melee room whith the old bot fisting sand bag like before.
1 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:07 pm

I just dropkick until I die, the opponent gets fed up and finds someone else to fight, or the physics engine freaks out and my kick sends them flying 2-3x farther than it ever should have.

Its surprisingly effective.
3 x
hello yes

DreTheGamer
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Big Waves
Started SFD: December 2014

Post by DreTheGamer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Or just git a gun and shoot 'em. That or you can just run around and farm for weapons.
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 pm

KliPeH wrote:Everybody knows the only true way to get better at the game is challenging another player (preferably Brazilian) to a match without any pesky guns, a bad, bad grab mechanic or any other fun aspect that the game features.
Pft, brazilians playing on melee maps is just an exaggerated rumor :v xd br?

I think the way to git gud is opening your mind and playing with everyone everywhere, you won't know how many possibilities and tricks that game provides for you if you just play by yourself.
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:31 pm

uninstall sfd

after this you will git gud
0 x

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 am

Sh4d0w wrote:uninstall sfd

after this you will git gud
Yeah, Keep trying to not die once! If you do uninstall and reinstall.
Best tip, cant get even wor- Better.
0 x

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:14 pm

- 70% of SFD (or more) in battles consists to use melee (Well, if there's no another fag noob that run away from that).
- 25% of SFD is about the well ability to use weapons (Don't limit yourself to use only snipers, magnums, katanas, knifes, machetes. That is just for those ones who can't use a real weapon, so those people can basically be killed quickly if you give them another weapon.)
- 5% of SFD is about strategy/luck. Use your environment and take an advantage of all the negative parts in every situation (That's why it's very bad to limit only with 4 or 5 weapons (including mainly sniper and magnum, so holy)).

If you're a weapons-master and isn't limited to use only snipers and magnums; if you're very nice with melee (most of the battles you'll win with this) and you're a player that thinks before do something, then you'll be like a real PROFFESIONAL.

Good Luck, it's my best advice I can give you.
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Learn Russian, never wear upperbody clothing, and if you do make sure it's all black. If you die proceed to type in all caps "CYKA BLAT" Make sure you change your name to that of a wrestler. There, you are now a pro. You are worthy of claiming all the bullshit melee "tactics" and looking down at others. You are a God.
1 x
-Evilsack

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Dumby Eggy wrote:- 70% of SFD (or more) in battles consists to use melee (Well, if there's no another fag noob that run away from that).
- 25% of SFD is about the well ability to use weapons (Don't limit yourself to use only snipers, magnums, katanas, knifes, machetes. That is just for those ones who can't use a real weapon, so those people can basically be killed quickly if you give them another weapon.)
- 5% of SFD is about strategy/luck. Use your environment and take an advantage of all the negative parts in every situation (That's why it's very bad to limit only with 4 or 5 weapons (including mainly sniper and magnum, so holy)).

If you're a weapons-master and isn't limited to use only snipers and magnums; if you're very nice with melee (most of the battles you'll win with this) and you're a player that thinks before do something, then you'll be like a real PROFFESIONAL.

Good Luck, it's my best advice I can give you.
Eggy calm down with the insults, you can't insult people just because you don't agree with how they play. :|
For the first one just do the exact opposite of what he says, melee might be useful but guns are your best friend and running isn't a sin, it's smart.
For the second one, it's better if you practice grabs, throws, grabs, blocks, grabs, grabs, and grabs trying to fight while smashing the Attack and block Key is a great way to get yourself killed.
I agree with learning how to use as many weapons as possible but it's never wrong to try and get better with your more preferred weapon.
Finally, 90% of sfd is strats and luck you could be the best player in the game but all it takes is one explosive barrel, grenade or random flying object to end your fun.
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:50 am

Maybe a wiki would help you with that.
3 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:14 pm

In all seriousness I'd recommend you learn how to run. People may frown upon it but it requires skill to be a runner and to be able to catch one. I don't mean be a fgt whilst you're at it but learn how to dodge and play smart.
0 x
-Evilsack

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 pm

tfw people taking the thread seriously
tfw people not telling the dude to go play the game and end it at that
1 x

Elite Hunter
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Elite Hunter » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:25 pm

KliPeH wrote:Everybody knows the only true way to get better at the game is challenging another player (preferably Brazilian) to a match without any pesky guns, a bad, bad grab mechanic or any other fun aspect that the game features. The map in which you battle has to be flat - you cannot have silly thing like "cover", "alternative routes" or a "tactical area of control" disturb the peace that is melee combat in Superfighters Deluxe. You could obviously choose other melee maps, such as a building in the middle of an island, a couple of platforms with a ladder, a platform without a ladder and flat ground with a staircase, but why have variety when there are 93 absolutely gorgeous flat maps to choose from?

Either way, you then engage in a very strategic, very intense fist fight. You must exploit the fact that you can instantly slam out of dives and that you can simply walk out of your opponent's melee range, and use complex strategies such as mashing the A button or mashing the D button on your keyboard repeatedly. If you do not win, ignore the barrage of insults thrown your way and attempt the fight again. You will eventually win; I believe in you. In such case, a very specific string of words has to be input into the text box of your chat, as an announcement that the particular match is now over. You can choose between various phrases such as "rat", "noob", "ez", "XD", ":v" and "br?" to respectfully inform your opponent that the match has ended and the ceremony is complete. You are now one of us; a true Superfighter worthy of mention.

wow you opened with a really poor attempt to be funny lmao, I bet this joke came from your experiences of getting harassed and you use this humor to take out your frustration from the game.
KliPeH wrote:tfw people taking the thread seriously
tfw people not telling the dude to go play the goddamn game and end it at that
Maybe not everyone is as careless as you are. What is wrong with one superfighter reaching out to his fellow superfighters for advice or tips? You are disgraceful.
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Elite Hunter wrote:wow you opened with a really poor attempt to be funny lmao, I bet this joke came from your experiences of getting harassed and you use this humor to take out your frustration from the game.

Maybe not everyone is as careless as you are. What is wrong with one superfighter reaching out to his fellow superfighters for advice or tips? You are disgraceful.
Are you edgelord97?
This topic has reached its apex. I'm locking the thread.
git gud
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)