Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Weapon Suggestion: Acid Claw

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
DeadlyRumors
Fighter
Fighter

Weapon Suggestion: Acid Claw

Post by DeadlyRumors » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 am

The acid claw is a damage over time pistol that does a good amount of damage, but over a small amount of time. It shoots small, green projectiles, unlike the grenade launcher, that damage a single target. If it hits an object, (metal barrel, wooden crate) then the object will be destroyed.
The acid claw gets its strength from its slow debuff.

Deals 1 damage every second, for a duration of 20 seconds. Each shot doubles the total damage, and damage every second. (I don't know what the default HP of a superfighter is, so lets say if the health is 100, then the bullet will do 1 damage every second.

Range- Same as grenade launcher

Speed- Same as grenade launcher

Hitting someone with this will slow their speed by 10% for 5 seconds (forgot to mention, it shouldnt slow for 20 seconds) , and stacks with each bullet.

Ammo: Clips of 5, one extra mag. Low ammo because it should be easy to land a hit because of the slow debuff, so if you miss, that's probably your fault.

The acid claw is a pretty rare weapon, and will won't be a common weapon.

So in summary, The Acid Claw is a unique, damage over time weapon with low ammo that debuffs enemies. it rewards the player for being accurate, and gives a satisfying death.

Edit 1: If you're going to criticize, tell me what I did wrong, and what I did right. That way, I can improve for future suggestions.

Example look, from MaD2

https://gyazo.com/9c48d743437c47427a80e816e3f39d4a
Last edited by DeadlyRumors on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Presentionus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Break, Make, Smash, Bash
SFD Account: Presentionus
SFD Alias: Present
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.3b

Post by Presentionus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am

I guess this weapon is kinda balanced. Beacuse the weapon spawn is rare and it can kill a person with all of its ammo, i guess its kinda balanced. There is a similar weapon called "Hand Claw" (which is also a suggestion by someone). But, i dont know what to say about this weapon. I dont really see much flaws or any flaws. So, i pretty much dont have anything to say. :|

EDIT: At least you actually took the time into the weapon and thougth of some balanced ideas for it. Unlike other people these days i have found lots of suggestions that were just made up on the spot. But YOU! You took the time and actually tryed to make this weapon balanced! I support these kinds of people beacuse they didnt make up the weapon while they were writing the forum post, NO! They wanted to take as much time as possible and thougth of all the things that could have been done with the weapon in-game!
0 x
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 pm

It's a projectile, so it can't be dodged. It gives a slow debuff when it hits someone, making it easier to land consecutive shots. It deals 20 damage per bullet, just doesn't kill immediately. This weapon is a power weapon for the secondary slot, alright.

1 damage for 20 seconds is oppressive as hell, though. 20 seconds of slow? That's forever.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

DeadlyRumors
Fighter
Fighter

Post by DeadlyRumors » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Forgot to mention, but a slow for 20 seconds would be op af.
0 x

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:21 am

Hmm, not to burst your bubble here but the I think that Gurt and Hjarpe made this game is to resemble Close quarter combat "Superfighters" (As in superhumans kinda) with Guns and Melee weapons in realistic times and areas. This game is a bit close to simulating reality(well except the physics in the game). It's meant to represent Characters fighting in realistic environments with realistic weapons. I don't think the "Acid Claw" contributes well to that. It kinda takes the theme away. Maybe those type of suggestions should wait for their upcoming game "Barbarian Odyssey"? :?:

Oh and also the types of critical hits that you said the pistol makes, that would be better off as being a perk you pick up in the game(e.g. Laser Sight, Slowmo)
Last edited by KliPeH on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited a double-post in.
3 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

DeadlyRumors
Fighter
Fighter

Post by DeadlyRumors » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:54 am

Morpheus wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:21 am
Hmm, not to burst your bubble here but the I think that Gurt and Hjarpe made this game is to resemble Close quarter combat "Superfighters" (As in superhumans kinda) with Guns and Melee weapons in realistic times and areas. This game is a bit close to simulating reality(well except the physics in the game). It's meant to represent Characters fighting in realistic environments with realistic weapons. I don't think the "Acid Claw" contributes well to that. It kinda takes the theme away. Maybe those type of suggestions should wait for their upcoming game "Barbarian Odyssey"? :?:
I'm 100% sure this won't fit in barbarian odyssey, mainly because barbarian odyssey is about barbarians, not a naked man with a gun holding a futuristic weapon

Anyway, in barbarian odyssey, the only weapons are swords and bows, isn't that all?
0 x

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 pm

DeadlyRumors wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:54 am
Morpheus wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:21 am
I'm 100% sure this won't fit in barbarian odyssey, mainly because barbarian odyssey is about barbarians, not a naked man with a gun holding a futuristic weapon

Anyway, in barbarian odyssey, the only weapons are swords and bows, isn't that all?
You didn't Understand my post. Your Idea for an acid claw doens't fit into the theme of SFD. I'm saying you are thinking beyond the Realism. I'm saying that you should use those kind of suggestions for B.O. Obviously acid claw may not be added, but other things that aren't real also will be implemented into B.O. What I'm saying is, stick to the theme ;) .
0 x
Physics, is the real red pill.