Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Server Problems.

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Server Problems.

Post by Shock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:18 am

I really don't know , how its happened? But...
Maybe two weeks ago , my server have been broken and now the same.
I can't Host even a game... The reason "Connection Timed Out" - never ending connecting to lobby in the game , for users , and even for me , when i host a game... When i host the server , its still doesn't works , cuz nobody can join...
I don't know , how to fix this... I opened port 52233 , but nobody joining(The reason "Connection Timed Out")
If anybody knows , how to fix this... Please , tell me.
0 x
-Content-maker.

SAURABH
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Dangerous Dave
SFD Alias: Dave
Started SFD: June 2016
Post by SAURABH » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 am

Hi there,
I had same problem few days ago, but that was my router problem it changes my ipv4 address after some days. So I had to again add port forwarding settings with my new ipv4 address in router web page (i.e. 192.168.0.1, as I am doing manual port forwarding, automatic didn't work or me).

So my advice to you is to check for your ipv4 address and set the same in your router web page, if you're doing manual port-forwarding.
And check daily if your local ip address(ipv4 address) has changed & adjust thoroughly.
1 x
Just play for Fun! *joins Clan*

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:25 am

SAURABH wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 am
Hi there,
I had same problem few days ago, but that was my router problem it changes my ipv4 address after some days. So I had to again add port forwarding settings with my new ipv4 address in router web page (i.e. 192.168.0.1, as I am doing manual port forwarding, automatic didn't work or me).

So my advice to you is to check for your ipv4 address and set the same in your router web page, if you're doing manual port-forwarding.
And check daily if your local ip address(ipv4 address) has changed & adjust thoroughly.
What you're describing here is a dynamic IP address, basically the router changes its IP after a short while, there are many programs that allow you to change your IP to static, I suggest you do that before port forwarding and trying to host.
0 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:20 am

SAURABH wrote:
Hi there,

I already did it , nothing changed... Its just doesn't work , i tried to enable DMZ , its still dont work!
0 x
-Content-maker.

SAURABH
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Dangerous Dave
SFD Alias: Dave
Started SFD: June 2016
Post by SAURABH » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Shock wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:20 am
SAURABH wrote:
Hi there,

I already did it , nothing changed... Its just doesn't work , i tried to enable DMZ , its still dont work!
Do you have UPnP enabled?
Because it is required to be enabled (that's what worked for me, when someone stated in other post)
0 x
Just play for Fun! *joins Clan*

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:57 pm

SAURABH wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:04 pm
Shock wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:20 am
SAURABH wrote:
Hi there,

Do you have UPnP enabled?
Because it is required to be enabled (that's what worked for me, when someone stated in other post)
Hmm... Idk even.
0 x
-Content-maker.

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FOGs67OnM4
Try This tutorial. It worked for me.
Credit to Timeworker for this tutorial
0 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

Cool Hero
Fighter
Fighter
Title: CH
Started SFD: "Pre-alpha 1.3.0 "

Post by Cool Hero » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Morpheus wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FOGs67OnM4
Try This tutorial. It worked for me.
Credit to Timeworker for this tutorial
Thanks for this video it helped me.
0 x
Just play!

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:57 am

Press the reset button on your router. This same thing happened to me. I was searching for answers for days. Almost got myself scammed for $40. Just locate the reset button on the router and you'll be fine. What this does is reset your IP address.
0 x