Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Costume Discussion Thread

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Costume Discussion Thread

Post by Pricey » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:20 pm

As the title suggests, this thread will be a thread solely devoted to discussing SFD costumes, post costumes, post multiple costumes! Whatever it is, make sure it's a costume, share ideas on good combinations and where you got the costume from. Is it original? Did you draw inspiration from elsewhere?

I'll start with a few of my own:

Drew inspiration from a noir-style Parisian police officer (or at least that's what went through my head making in).

entirely ripped off Inspired by Cider's outfit of a similar nature.
5 x

Harunowa
Meatbag
Title: Bat Rapist
SFD Account: Harunowa

Post by Harunowa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Alright, this is my version of Pierce from Saints Row 3:

And this here is my version of Mumen Rider from One-Punch Man:

4 x

Harunowa
Meatbag
Title: Bat Rapist
SFD Account: Harunowa

Post by Harunowa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:41 pm

This is a complete original of mine:

2 x

Cider
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: $mooth Criminal
SFD Account: Cider
SFD Alias: (LM) Cider
Started SFD: Pre Alpha 1.6.4

Post by Cider » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:45 am

This is my list of costumes whenever I play under the tag 'Cider':

I'm really fond of the bucket hat + coat + shirt and tie combo and I treat it as the signature look to the 'Cider' name, as every iteration of 'Cider' is wearing at least a bucket hat, coat, and shirt with tie on it regardless of color or extra accessories.

(From left to right)
The first one is treated as the original 'Cider' costume - dark pink, light pink, white and black.
The second one is a reference to nolimite's costume colors, an old LM member who's been dead for like two and a half years.
The third one is another reference to an old LM member's colors, Hwan. I'm pretty sure it's a completely stolen outfit.
The fourth one isn't a reference to anything - I wanted to make a 'Cider' costume with 3 main colors (pink, light purple, light orange) that worked.
4 x
Breakin' necks and cashin' checks
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 am

These are the variations of 'Danger Ross':

There are a bunch more that go with this theme, but these are the baseline ones for me. For LM, I wanted to use LM colors but also Danger Ross themes. I wanted a mix, so I used black as the intermediary (which works well as it's one of the LM colors). The core turned out to be purple (which is why the top hat is all purple) and it's surrounded by a shell of turquoise, a color associated with Ross.
The first skin isn't a perfect representation. There's a bug where the sash is blocked by a black square meant to censor the genitals, so I had to use a combat belt for it to blend. Also this skin is an adaptation of a very old version, which I might update the post with later.
Ross doesn't wear shoes.
5 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:55 pm

I won't be any worse and I'm going to post 4 of my favourite skins in SFD. Half of them are original, half inspired by games.

Let's begin with $h4d0w, which is the most used skin by me in SFD, as far as I remember.
is shoulder bash confirmed?????
This skin can seem familiar to some people who watched Hellboy... but no, this isn't an inspiration of Karl Ruprecht Kroenen. It's an original skin of mine , which I used way back in Pre-Alpha. I was a little grumbled for that little gray thing when you blocked while wearing Gloves + Gas Mask (same goes with Fingerless Gloves), but it wasn't an argument to get rid of this skin. Also I can easily complain about having a beret instead of officer hat, which would be better for a skin like this, but I kinda get used to the beret .Nowadays I use it not as much as in the past.

The second skin I want to present you is The Huntsman.
This skin was inspired by the game called Endless War 2, from Blood-Game campaign. In this campaign you had to kill zombies, fanatics, priests (anti-catholic game confirmed), demons and even death (it's a lie, there are 3 deaths) itself. It was a really tough challenge, but I managed to do this. I like this skin very much, but I don't play as him really much nowadays. I guess it's going to become a "deuteragonist" skin after all.

Now let's have a look at infamous Lone Wolf.
A skin of this was inspired by the third game of MARDEK franchise. When you finish the game, you meet a man in a lupine armor. It looks really good, I have to say. For those who are asking "why is this skin infamous", here's the answer. Some time ago, I was playing on Blurry's server and I wrote some rather toxic comments. For me, these were jokes, but for my friends on Discord, it kinda wasn't. (hi yes klipeh where is that ass-whooping xddddd)

The last skin that I show you is the current skin I use... the xD guy!
As far as I remember I began to use this skin way back in August. The name of this character was used from my previous forum titles, which, of course, was "the xD guy". I used the title back in 2016 and I had a death avatar made by Bash Kraken himself. And yes, he has a belt. A golden combat belt. Do not ask me why did I make a screen while mid-air punching.
hi yes khnight the xD duel when??????

That's everything what I wanted to show you. I'm thinking of making a skin referencing Midnight Miami Marauder Jacket, but I'm not sure if it will get real or not.
2 x

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 pm

I don't think i need to post all my 14 clothing possibilities.
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Cider
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Cider » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:27 pm

btelchi wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 pm
I don't think i need to post all my 14 clothing possibilities.
I think you need to
Last edited by Cider on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Hidden Content

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Cough cough

Ok, here i am. (I posted 8 cause' i'm too lazy to do the rest, sorreh .-.)

1. Old Superfighter
This skin i made probably a year ago, and i know it is used by at least one player. I just didn't care and made it for fun. :I

2. Real Nature Trees
Further explanations are unneeded.

3. Btellock Holmes
A skin inspired by those BBC series. Pretty good, huh. (Also a part of Layton's Crew special skin)

4. Sally Face
A skin inspired by that one game you probably don't know about. But it's awesome.The game i mean

5. Fake Btelchi
So, basicaly. One day the account system didn't work for me (And i reported it), so i made this skin. (As you may have already guessed, the plan was to make players think im fake cause' i didn't have an acc shown there and it worked perfectly >:D )

6. Biker
The newest skin i made. Inspired by Hotline Miami series. I think he is pretty cool too, tho.

7. The Original Skin
This skin is the skin i used WAAAAAY back in those days of Pre-Alpha. The first ever skin i made when joined SFD. So nostalgic..

8. The New Skin
Basically the same skin as the original, but with minor changes. Also the skin is more badass (as i think) and of course EDGY AS HELL

Cough
Thanks for reading here's a bottle of mustard for you Image
1 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Cider
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Cider » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 am

I made a costume of Cider for Halloween!!!

Y'all should get festive and make some Halloween costumes too
2 x
Hidden Content

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Inspired by Cider, I also decided to make a Halloween costume for my character, to spook all of those who dare to face him in battle. Please, meet... the xD skeleton! And no, it's not Sans. Screw Undertale.
2 x