Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Lifting 'Heavy' objects

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jyiro
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jyiro

Lifting 'Heavy' objects

Post by Jyiro » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:41 am

So, using [Down] + [Grab] when you're over the object, you lift the object, for example a explosive barrel, over you head, and you throw it with [Block].

There's different walking speeds while lifting the objects depending of the object, for example lifting a Barrel, you will go walking.
Lifting a propane tank will let you go jogging,
Etc.

The main purpose is for throwing it around better than just kicking it 5000 times, and yeah, when shot it would explode, but i dont think not even the stupidest player would carry a explosive barrel with armed players around.

What you can lift should be:
·Barrels (non explosive and explosive) Walking speed and not able to hit with it
·Propane Tanks, Jogging speed and you're able to hit with it.
·Tables, Jogging speed and not able to hit with it.
·Fuel Canisters, jogging speed and able to hit with it
e t c.
you can imagine. Big objects like the barrels or tables you can just carry and throw them around, but other relatively small objects like the propane tanks you can carry, throw and hit with them.

And for grabbing stuff, the easiest way i can imagine is being over them and crouching then pressing R.

Leave a reply or a thumbs up to approve this so the developers work on this!

:mrgreen: :?:
Last edited by Jyiro on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
4 x
Somehow... Im still alive...

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 pm

This would need more specifications,but lifting objects is something that has always been missing from this game.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Merchant
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your average white man
SFD Account: Merchant
SFD Alias: (LM) Merchant
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by Merchant » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Interesting idea there, looking forward for that one. Would be really fun seeing players jog around with propane tanks
0 x
You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence
For murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted
To make another attempt at it; I'm Infinite - Eminem

Jyiro
Meatbag

Post by Jyiro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:17 am

Thx, what specifications do you need Del Poncho?
0 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 am

Well,I'm not exactly the best at proposing ideas in here,but usually they need a lot more details.
For example,what can you lift,how will you move around with it,in what position,what and how you can throw,how far,how will you be able to grab exactly what you want in a sea of objects,and stuff like that.
Basically,everything the Devs would have to program and think of when including this feature in the game. That's what separates an actual suggestion topic and a "wish".
2 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:43 pm

This idea just seems unnecessary, i don't think anyone would risk carrying a propane can or an explosive barrel. It wouldn't even do much damage when hit and if it is shot while carrying ,it could almost kill/kill the player who is carrying it.
0 x

Jyiro
Meatbag

Post by Jyiro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:11 pm

The main purpose is for throwing it around better than just kicking it 5000 times, and yeah, when shot it would explode, but i dont think not even the stupidest player would carry a explosive barrel with armed players around.

·Barrels (non explosive and explosive) Walking speed and not able to hit with it
you can imagine. Big objects like the barrels or tables you can just carry and throw them around, but other relatively small objects like the propane tanks you can carry, throw and hit with them.

And for grabbing stuff, the easiest way i can imagine is being over them and crouching then pressing R.

gonna add that to the post RN
2 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:53 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an existing thread.
I don't know if this idea has been suggested or even planned as of yet, that said, I'd love if there was a way to lift objects such as boxes, barrels (both varieties) desks, sofas and so on...

This would allow you to rain death from above and transport cover more easily, just imagine being able to carry an explosive barrel and throw it onto a foe below, and watch them explode, even on the receiving end it would still amaze you, although it would require some skill.

Another more practical reason I'd like to see this implemented would be to make transporting cover more precise and quick, transporting cover as of now is pretty clumsy, your only option is to kick it around and hope to god that it doesn't fall off an edge or end up on it's side(in the case of a barrel).

To get into the nitty-gritty, carrying an object would be similar to carrying a body, you would have to initiate a grab and hold down. After making contact you will lift the object over your head, rather than holding it in front of you, to unable you from using it as a mobile shield, but the object would still take damage from projectiles, meaning, while carrying an explosive barrel, you would also carry the risk of getting 'sploded.

You will have 2 options while carrying an object, throw it by pressing the "aim/block" key, and plop it down by pressing the "attack" key, carrying an object would obviously slow you down, but this would vary depending on the object, metal objects such as barrels would weigh more than wooden objects like boxes.
Last edited by StarNord on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:10 am

StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:53 pm
I don't know if this idea has been suggested or even planned as of yet, that said, I'd love if there was a way to lift objects such as boxes, barrels (both varieties) desks, sofas and so on...

This would allow you to rain death from above and transport cover more easily, just imagine being able to carry an explosive barrel and throw it onto a foe below, and watch them explode, even on the receiving end it would still amaze you, although it would require some skill.

Another more practical reason I'd like to see this implemented would be to make transporting cover more precise and quick, transporting cover as of now is pretty clumsy, your only option is to kick it around and hope to god that it doesn't fall off an edge or end up on it's side(in the case of a barrel).

To get into the nitty-gritty, carrying an object would be similar to carrying a body, you would have to initiate a grab and hold down. After making contact you will lift the object over your head, rather than holding it in front of you, to unable it from being used as a mobile shield, but the object would still take damage from projectiles, meaning, while carrying an explosive barrel, you would also carry the risk of getting 'sploded.

You will have 2 options while carrying an object, throw it by pressing the "aim/block" key, and plop it down by pressing the "attack" key, carrying an object would obviously slow you down, but this would vary depending on the object, metal objects such as barrels would weigh more than wooden objects like boxes.
Cool, to increase your idea, Transporting objects decrease much stamina, and this can add in own atual grab, like a grab a dead body. Because that if this will be added separate is more confusion to players :(
0 x
Just me The Predator!

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm

StarNord wrote:
I don't know if this idea has been suggested or even planned as of yet [...]
Oreo wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 am
[...] I honestly believe this post diserves a lot more attention, also this shouldn’t be in the small suggestions topic because this is a big thing that changes the “balance of the game” (well since your adding a new ability... I think it does).
Merged the posts with the appropriate thread.
1 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Jyiro wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:41 am
There's different walking speeds while lifting the objects depending of the object, for example lifting a Barrel, you will go walking.
Lifting a propane tank will let you go jogging,
Etc.

e t c.
Although I suggested the same weight idea in my older post, I've come to disagree with it now, shuffling around with a barrel on your back would really put a dent in SFD's fast paced matches, it'll disincentive people from moving cover like this.

Instead I think you should move at the same jogging pace with the catch being that it'll consume energy over time like sprinting, and you'll involuntarily drop the object if you run out of stamina (or maybe your pace will slow down to a crawl)

Also, I've found a way to visualise why I wanted the ability to be able to throw hazards in the game
https://gyazo.com/a59f363fa99edf4fa44cb2786d522692
Off Topic
KliPeH wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm
StarNord wrote:
I don't know if this idea has been suggested or even planned as of yet [...]
Oreo wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 am
[...] I honestly believe this post diserves a lot more attention, also this shouldn’t be in the small suggestions topic because this is a big thing that changes the “balance of the game” (well since your adding a new ability... I think it does).
Merged the posts with the appropriate thread.
Thanks, I really should've posted my idea normally instead of dooming it to the small suggestions thread's endless list, and now someone else has claimed my lvl99 suggester glory... *sigh* No offense Jyiro, actually props for suggesting the same thing but not making the same mistake.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 am

It's always been my opinion that interactions with objects/cover in the game has been somewhat lacking. Being able to physically and manually move bigger objects around without being forced to damage it would add more strategic depth both into how players control space as well as how players cross it. I also think how players pick up and move bodies could stand to be buffed a touch.

Force walking speeds while just normally carrying an object with half stamina regen and allow for joging at the cost of stamina at the same rate as sprinting, provided you're carrying a lightweight object (crates, tables, bodies) and not a heavy one (desk, barrels). I really feel like being able to manipulate the objects in the game more would let players design sophisticated traps using c4 and mines, or more actively control chokepoints by pushing objects into key locations to either take cover behind or force an approach towards a tighter space.
3 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Endergore
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Decent Fighter
SFD Account: Endergore
SFD Alias: (EA) Endergore
Started SFD: Before you did
Post by Endergore » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:20 am

Very great idea this can change fights in SFD in soooo many ways. like throwing cover for a teammate of moving cover for a better vantage point.
1 x