Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Here you can talk about other things not related to Superfighters Deluxe or other games by MythoLogic Interactive.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Cider
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: $mooth Criminal
SFD Account: Cider
SFD Alias: (LM) Cider
Started SFD: Pre Alpha 1.6.4

Re: Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Post by Cider » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:59 am

Every year I read Scott Pilgrim vs The World to remind myself how good it is
0 x
Breakin' necks and cashin' checks
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:32 pm

I've been really addicted to chinese and japanese novels recently. Battle Through The Heavens, DanMachi, Star Martial God Technique and others. I like how big are their universes and the very slow progressivity of the stories.

I finished reading all the 455 chapters of Tales of Demons and Gods till now. The plot is that the main character's soul returned to when he was a teenager, before his city were destroyed by beasts and all his loved ones died. He would do anything to make it different this time. The actual chapters were really rushed since the author is also writing another novel, but it's actually good and it even has a colored webcomic with 2 chapters per week.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 am

Yeah i uh... I liked death note... And uh... Hellsing ultimate.
0 x

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:23 pm

OH yeah, excuse me for bumping an old thread but i just gotta recommend these two series i watched. Code geass, probably more well known is really effn good and if you havent, see it. And monster, oh boy i enjoyed every bit of this one. its kind of like death note but not at all, Revolves around a good guy trying to get the bad guy, rather then the opposite like in death note. ITs so different and more realistic yet still maintains that gritty tone, and presents the viewer with a really fucked up image of the human mind. I wont go into detail about the story it conveys, but the story in itself is intriguing enough, add to that the era its based on, and the 2 countries it revolves around. Its like a documentary, a revenge plot, a really intense thriller in the same package. If you do like death note or other intense thrillers i really fugin suggest looking into this.
1 x

LICH_SFD
Meatbag
SFD Account: proster
Post by LICH_SFD » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:11 pm

rick nad morty
0 x

LICH_SFD
Meatbag
SFD Account: proster
Post by LICH_SFD » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 pm

rick and morty is the best
0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:32 pm

I wanna know all you people's stance on free anime streaming websites or "illegal streaming websites" as some prefer to call them, and if you have nothing to say, then just respond to my, or other people's opinions.

Here's my opinion...

I believe that most people who support legal streaming websites do it for a moral reason, not for many(if any) practical reasons, on top of that, there are risks to legal streaming websites due to japan being an odd-ball when it comes to releasing their stuff internationally, meaning sometimes legal streaming websites might not have your favorite anime or future favorite animes.

plus, even if everything's available in your country, most features in legal streaming websites are present in illegal streaming websites too...

the rest of my rant's down this spoiler, most of it is rambling I wanted to tidy up later, so if I even made a point, lemme know...
► Show Spoiler

I'm not just saying all this to only justify why I watch anime using free streaming services, I live in the middle-east, here the list of anime to watch "legally" is barren with only 5 or 6 animes which caught my eye with most of them being old and low-quality.

My favorite anime? SAO...ABRIDGED!(the video's age-restricted for some reason, nuthin' weird in it, just youtube's being a dick all of a sudden)
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Rick Sanchez » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:33 pm

StarNord wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:32 pm
I wanna know all you people's stance on free anime streaming websites or "illegal streaming websites" as some prefer to call them, and if you have nothing to say, then just respond to my, or other people's opinions.

Here's my opinion...

I believe that most people who support legal streaming websites do it for a moral reason, not for many(if any) practical reasons, on top of that, there are risks to legal streaming websites due to japan being an odd-ball when it comes to releasing their stuff internationally, meaning sometimes legal streaming websites might not have your favorite anime or future favorite animes.

plus, even if everything's available in your country, most features in legal streaming websites are present in illegal streaming websites too...

the rest of my rant's down this spoiler, most of it is rambling I wanted to tidy up later, so if I even made a point, lemme know...
► Show Spoiler

I'm not just saying all this to only justify why I watch anime using free streaming services, I live in the middle-east, here the list of anime to watch "legally" is barren with only 5 or 6 animes which caught my eye with most of them being old and low-quality.

My favorite anime? SAO...ABRIDGED!(the video's age-restricted for some reason, nuthin' weird in it, just youtube's being a dick all of a sudden)
Some anime are very scarcely available, like monster. I personally have it on DVD but some countries cant stream, or have access to a physical copy.
0 x

jacheongbi777
Meatbag

Post by jacheongbi777 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:56 pm

One Punch Man is one of the best manga I've ever read. Just finished reading Make Out Bars volume 1-4 by J. Zaraiyah, and it was AMAZING!!!!!
I've never read anything like it. My only disappointment is that I did not know about it sooner.
0 x