Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Game Crashing after luanching *Invisible menu*

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Amine
Meatbag
SFD Account: Dr0gZ

Game Crashing after luanching *Invisible menu*

Post by Amine » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Note : My english is Bery bad.

Everytime i try to luanch up sfd at this new update which is (beta 1.0.2) ethier from the luancher or the other one, when it loads up everything , it crashes , but before i think i can see some kind of text says Mythologic interactive ..... i don't know it's just quick pfft soo!
i tried updating in from the luancher but it doesn't work, i downloaded it from the Web but it still doesn't
i read some thing in the crash report it's just about invisible menu , it's actually yes , i guess cuz when i try to log into it , i can't see menu then it's crashes
Please help me out , i was playing SFD for a long time , but i just stopped for like 3 monthes cuz of the school , exams anndd.. and i'm very excited to play the beta version

NOTE AGAIN : my ENGLISH is bad
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Try to make a clean installation (delete any remaining files and install again).
If you have tried that already please check your user documents (example) C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\Superfighters Deluxe\Reports
and see if any report is generated.
0 x
Gurt

Amine
Meatbag

Post by Amine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am

I tried a clean installation but it still doesn't work
here is the crash report :

Superfighters Deluxe Beta v.1.0.2 - Unhandled Error

Superfighters Deluxe Beta v.1.0.2 - Unhandled Error
GraphicsDeviceStatus: Normal

005836-06: Loaded map: C:\Users\Faq\Documents\Superfighters Deluxe\Maps\Downloaded\83_Crates.sfdm
005837-01: Deactivating Loading
005838-07: Loading Menu...
005839-07: GameMenu visibility: False
005840-06: Loading MainMenu
005841-01: Activating MainMenu
005842-07: GameMenu visibility: False
005843-01: Applying graphic changes from prefer loading/gameplay
005844-01: GameSFD.SetGraphicsMode(1280,720,Window)
005845-06: Creating colored texture FARBGCLOUDS00A_1:BGGRAY_2:_3:

Fatal Unhandled App Exception
> Exception:
La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
> TargetSite:
Void <CloseWaveOut>b__4()
> Source:
SFD.MP
> StackTrace:
à SFD.MP.MusicPlayer.Track.<CloseWaveOut>b__4()
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
> FullException:
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à SFD.MP.MusicPlayer.Track.<CloseWaveOut>b__4()
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Additional data
arch:x86, archWOW:
UTD:False

Note: The old version of SFD is working very well (the version before the beta )
0 x

Amine
Meatbag

Post by Amine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:32 pm

just a question to make sure , Is this new update requires another version of .NET framework? like :?
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Wow amine, It's truly you. Good to see you back man!

The new update doesn't require any other version of .NET framework if I am right.
can you message me through your discord? so I can help you out maybe. You probably have my discord, otherwise Sree #7984
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Hmm... This crash might have to do with missing sound card or incompatible drivers.

Try to run the "SFD.PlayNAudioTest.exe" in your Superfighters Deluxe installation folder and see if anything interesting shows up.

Or you could try to delete the "NAudio.dll" file in your Superfighters Deluxe installation folder and see if you can circumvent the crash - it might work.
0 x
Gurt

Amine
Meatbag

Post by Amine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Sree wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 pm
Wow amine, It's truly you. Good to see you back man!

The new update doesn't require any other version of .NET framework if I am right.
can you message me through your discord? so I can help you out maybe. You probably have my discord, otherwise Sree #7984
Hi i'm finailly back from exams :) , good to see you too, i will contact you on discord tomorrow.

Gurt wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm
Hmm... This crash might have to do with missing sound card or incompatible drivers.

Try to run the "SFD.PlayNAudioTest.exe" in your Superfighters Deluxe installation folder and see if anything interesting shows up.

Or you could try to delete the "NAudio.dll" file in your Superfighters Deluxe installation folder and see if you can circumvent the crash - it might work.

I'm in my laptop and i can't reach my pc at this moment , but i've tried already the SFD.PlayNAudioTest.exe and it crashes when it finish that stuff , pft i don't know but i will try your advice and hopefuly it will work
0 x

Amine
Meatbag

Post by Amine » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 am

Wow it's actually working , thx! i really apperciate the time you spend on trying to help me.
Cheers!
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 am

Amine wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 am
Wow it's actually working , thx! i really apperciate the time you spend on trying to help me.
Cheers!
The crash will be fixed in the next version of the game (After Beta v.1.0.2). (Music will still be disabled though as the crash is just an indication that music can't be played!).
0 x
Gurt