Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by Shock » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:39 am

What about Random modifier info?(just like when you using Random player profile) - It's would be great...
Sorry , i don't wanna double-post in "Map editor - Suggestions"
0 x
-Content-maker.

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:05 am

Armadyl5 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:18 pm
StarNord wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:27 pm

In summary, this would give incentive to always having a melee weapon(makeshift or otherwise) equipped when rushing. Rather than just sheathing a firearm, to quickly block a thrown weapon, then swiftly re-equipping said firearm and gunning down the opponent.
E.X.A.C.T.L.Y

Thank You !
StarNord wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:27 pm
Armadyl5 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:38 am

So when you catch something sharp bare handed , you lose 5 hp for example and that has a 60/70% chance of happening...
instead of just losing HP by chance, you could instead lose HP if you blocked a sharp weapon by the blade and not the hilt

and if you block a thrown weapon with a melee weapon(instead of your fists) your melee weapon would lose durability
Armadyl5 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:38 am

if it's a heavy item maybe it could cause you to stagger back a little .

The real change would be staggering and the knock down in mid air .
A stagger similar to being jump-kicked while blocking would be a nice detail to blocking a bare-handed

But having a weapon equipped while blocking will help you absorb the shock of the thrown weapon and ignore the stagger completely, the drawback of this would be ofcourse, losing durability.

In summary, this would give incentive to always having a melee weapon(makeshift or otherwise) equipped when rushing. Rather than just sheathing a firearm, to quickly block a thrown weapon, then swiftly re-equipping said firearm and gunning down the opponent.
Why would you ever add this? This will just make throwing even stronger.
Right now, throwing in close quarters is very powerful. If your opponent catches the weapon, you will have time to swing before they can do anything, because they're equipping the weapon. If it hits, you deal damage, and you can grab them while they're stunned.
The only way to avoid that, is to catch a weapon mid air, so you can still move around and maybe back up or land a strike.

I don't think you've thought trough all of this, if you remove the only real way to counter thrown items, or make it weaker, it's going to make throwing way too strong. Honestly, it would most likely completely fuck up the game.

And dodging thrown items? How? We can't roll or dive, and their hitbox can be pretty big and hard to "just dodge". If this feature was in place, you're done for. It would be better to not get close to anyone like that at all if you don't have a melee weapon. And sometimes, you just don't have one. You may just have a hammer and going up against someone with a katana.

I'm fine with quickly pressing Q(Holster) and then blocking if an item is coming towards you. It should be that way, no one is going to have time to pull out a melee weapon like that. You will maybe even be better off holding a melee weapon because now people may just completely abuse this feature until you get knocked on your ass.

Why would you add this anyways? It looks like it's mostly because "It's realistic", and we should quit such bullshit. This game isn't realistic, I'm in for any suggestion that could make the game better, wether it's "realistic" or not. I looked at your suggestion, and it's bad, not because you want it for "realism", or because it's "unrealistic", it's just going to make throwing OP.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Gurt wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 pm
Kers wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 am
Add a restart after certain time period for dedicated server? Right now the restart at certain time isn't enough because the server just crashed way too often.
I'm hosting our official maps on a daily basis. Haven't had a crash for like 6 months or so.

We know of a few cases where the server will crash due to malformed .sfdm maps or scripts performing specific operations at specific situations that we will just have to fix as we discover them. But we can only do that if we received the crash logs in our database or a detailed bug description here on the forum. Some crashes also happens because of user settings - SFD will most likely crash if the computer enters a power-saving mode after X hours for example (this is something each user must check themselves).

Some simple troubleshooting:
If you experience crashes often disable all scripts and activate them one at a time and let the server run. Once you notice the server starts to crash it's most likely the last script you activated that's the source of the problem (maybe it's just eating memory in some unoptimized loop somewhere).
Do the same thing with script-heavy maps. Once you have isolated the problematic scripts and/or maps ask the creator to improve them before using them again.
I think I have accidentally found the reason why my server keeps crashing. Last few days I was hosting 9 servers together but this time I minimized the server windows. LOL no crash at all except battle of teams server which crashed due to memory leak. Also that crash is different from the old crash because there will be a notification window telling you the program is not responding while there is no notification for the old crash. So my conclusion is that the server GUI has some sort of bug that causes the crash.

I would also like to have a feature that can store multiple profiles of server settings. Right now there is only one saved settings so if I am hosting multiple servers and enabled auto restart, it will change the settings to the last saved one.
2 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Kers wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm
I would also like to have a feature that can store multiple profiles of server settings. Right now there is only one saved settings so if I am hosting multiple servers and enabled auto restart, it will change the settings to the last saved one.
See the help section for the server.
 ! Message from: Alternative config
You can use an alternative config.ini file via command line arguments '"Superfighters Deluxe.exe" -server -config "full\path\to\config.ini"'. Add this to a shortcut or .bat file via autostart items.
3 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm

It would be great to have the name of the camera mode shown briefly on screen as you change between the two types.

I often change the mode to static to spot supply crates as they drop from the sky and get confused later on when I attempt to switch back and the camera stays focused on the entire screen due to the large number of players present in game. I never remember which mode I left the camera on and figuring out whether the players make the screen zoom out or the camera itself gets distracting.
7 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:09 pm

How about msg with different colors? Like... "/msg_c_yellow Hi!" Or "/msg_color_green Hi!" Just little idea...
3 x
-Content-maker.

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Shock wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:09 pm
How about msg with different colors? Like... "/msg_c_yellow Hi!" Or "/msg_color_green Hi!" Just little idea...
Yeah or then tag-like messages, for example [c=cyan]Hello everyone![/c]. It would also be very nice, if we could change the color of individual parts of popupmessages. In one mode I am making currently it shows the mini-map in the popuptext, and it would be very nice to show different buildings in different colors.
1 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Kers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:38 am

Gurt wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 pm
Kers wrote:
You can use an alternative config.ini file via command line arguments '"Superfighters Deluxe.exe" -server -config "full\path\to\config.ini"'. Add this to a shortcut or .bat file via autostart items.
Is there a -min option so the server window will minimize on start?
0 x

SAURABH
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Dangerous Dave
SFD Alias: Dave
Started SFD: June 2016
Post by SAURABH » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:20 am

Kers wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:38 am
Gurt wrote:
Kers wrote:

The minimize option is already available in startup shortcut you use
(See below images for example)

As you can see in above pic, I've set this shortcut in startup items and with these setting the SFD server only shows up for like 1 sec after pc starts.

Also if you're asking for a "To system tray" Option at start, it was above stated by gurt as ""-totray" is the command".
2 x
Just play for Fun! *joins Clan*

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:32 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:58 pm
Shark wrote:After a falling body destroyed parts of the right body type the character's head
I don't get this part. Could you try to explain it better?
I think he means we do emotes by saying *the emote u want to do* in the chat, like if i wanted to do a thumbs up i would type *thumbs up in the chat(with the * in the begining or end).
0 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Kers » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:01 pm

SAURABH wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:20 am
Kers wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:38 am
Gurt wrote:

The minimize option is already available in startup shortcut you use
(See below images for example)

As you can see in above pic, I've set this shortcut in startup items and with these setting the SFD server only shows up for like 1 sec after pc starts.

Also if you're asking for a "To system tray" Option at start, it was above stated by gurt as ""-totray" is the command".
I'm using .bat file to start the server so the shortcut method doesn't work. -totray somehow works even if the server is auto restarting xD. Thanks for your help. Wondering where do you find all these command line options?
0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:50 pm

A fucking fire hydrant!

Sorry for cursing(incase that offended you), but since the devs seem to add a special quirk to each map (like the train in the subway map) an interactable fire hydrant which could spew water would be an awesome addition to a city/urban map, the water would obviously send you flying upwards allowing you to get to a higher area and have a blast getting there.

the fire hydrant would start spewing water once the top of it is shot/beaten off after which it'll spew water for a limited time.
3 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 am

My suggestion is to show the players in the scoreboard as they were shown in SF.
So instead of this:
we could see this:
as it was in SF:
And if the user doesn't control any player/player is null/gibbed it would show the skull gib:
And in SFD:
13 x

Taygre
Meatbag
SFD Account: Taygre

Post by Taygre » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 pm

HI . I WAS PLAYING THE GAME FOR WHILE AND I LOVE IT . THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I PLAY , I PLAY WITH PROS IN GAME

I HOPE THAT YOU WILL ADD RANKING ( IF YOU WANT )TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM THAT NOOBS MUST PLAY WITH NOOBS :)
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:19 am

Taygre wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 pm
HI . I WAS PLAYING THE GAME FOR WHILE AND I LOVE IT . THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I PLAY , I PLAY WITH PROS IN GAME

I HOPE THAT YOU WILL ADD RANKING ( IF YOU WANT )TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM THAT NOOBS MUST PLAY WITH NOOBS :)
Use grab, it will piss off all the pros. :P
Off Topic
Oh, and turn of caps lock. All caps is like the most annoying thing you can do in chat. Please.
3 x

Emmett_Brown
Meatbag
Title: Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown
SFD Account: Emmett_Brown
SFD Alias: Metal Hell
Started SFD: Original SF.then Alpha 1.2.etc

Post by Emmett_Brown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:08 pm

What about party creator?U're creating a party and u're switching on automatic server searching with some empty slots(3 if there's 3 players in party)?
2 x

Andres
Fighter
Fighter
Title: You must learn to lose
SFD Account: LukaRaoS
SFD Alias: |SH| LukaRaoS
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.8.8

Post by Andres » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:52 pm

I have an idea for the servers to the player who wants to exit and re-enter must use the command '' / reconnect '' immediately leave and return automatically enter
0 x
Good game ever

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:24 am

A ripping sound effect once a pillow has been destroyed, this could also be used to add curtains to the game, which would also make the same ripping sound once destroyed.

Here's some good ripping samples I easily found. I'm sure there are also some good ripping mp4s out there somewhere...
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Invisible blocks should be placed here on Tower to prevent people from barrel boosting up there and giving themselves an easy victory.

3 x

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:24 pm

new Sheathing animation

10 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji