Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Poll: Favorite official map

Share custom maps and discuss them here! If you have questions related to the map editor bring it up in the Superfighters Deluxe Map Editor section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.

What's your favorite official map?

Alley
4%
Canals
4%
Chemical Plant
1%
East Warehouse
1%
Facility
8%
Fairground
2%
Hazardous
8%
Heavy Equipment
4%
High Moon
3%
Hotel
6%
Mall
3%
Pistons
2%
Plant 47
2%
Police Station
21%
Rooftops
5%
Rooftops II
3%
Steamship
5%
Storage
5%
Subway
6%
Tower
2%
Train Yard
1%

Total votes: 404

Sparkz
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Cluelessly Reckless
SFD Account: Thunder Sparks
SFD Alias: Zap
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.1

Re: Poll: Favorite official map

Post by Sparkz » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:20 pm

storage is the best in my opinion. smoothest gameplay, fast fights, 2 camp spots, lots of barrels and the 2 hanging crates. i loved it since the flash versoin
0 x
work work work can't relax

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 am

Since everyone's writing down their favorites, here's mine: Mall(because of a certain good memory), Steamship(A map pouring with detail imo), Police Station(yep) and... Anals?
► Show Spoiler
It's a bit odd that the dynamite(mikol baye's perhaps?) duo want us to vote for our favorite maps, i'm not a dev here so do take me with a grain of salt if you prefer, but I believe it'd be better to ask us what we hate and not what we liked, since we are more likely to describe(in detail) what we found wrong with a map rather than what we liked about it, since people's reason for liking things can oftentimes be abstract, but maybe i'm reading into this too much. They probably just wanna try out this shiny new poll feature.

But still... There should be a poll of the opposite too, like worst official maps.

But maybe after the recent "rekindling" of the grab nerf topic, another firestorm might not be what this forum needs. dunno, just food for thought.
3 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:29 pm

StarNord wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 am
Since everyone's writing down their favorites, here's mine: Mall(because of a certain good memory), Steamship(A map pouring with detail imo), Police Station(yep) and... Anals?
► Show Spoiler
It's a bit odd that the dynamite(mikol baye's perhaps?) duo want us to vote for our favorite maps, i'm not a dev here so do take me with a grain of salt if you prefer, but I believe it'd be better to ask us what we hate and not what we liked, since we are more likely to describe(in detail) what we found wrong with a map rather than what we liked about it, since people's reason for liking things can oftentimes be abstract, but maybe i'm reading into this too much. They probably just wanna try out this shiny new poll feature.

But still... There should be a poll of the opposite too, like worst official maps.

But maybe after the recent "rekindling" of the grab nerf topic, another firestorm might not be what this forum needs. dunno, just food for thought.
This poll topic is old and 2 years old and not all maps are included in the poll. When you update the poll it resets all the answers - so we haven't updated the poll with new maps. It's a bit to try out the poll feature anyway.
Just like people's reason for liking things is subjective so it is for disliking things. The map with the fewest votes could be considered the "worst official map" like you put it - but some players still like those maps.
1 x
Gurt

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:29 pm
[..] The map with the fewest votes could be considered the "worst official map" like you put it - but some players still like those maps.
It's also true that the poll makes you choose only 3 options, in my case it was not enough to give all my favourite maps the due importance and I was forced to "choose" from my choice.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Rooftops II because I feel like my skills 2x better when I play on it somehow... like, it's the map I win on the must.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 am

My top 3 are
police station- its a classic (much like rooftops
canal- super diverse and its CHINA TOWN allows MAX combinations of situations.
Roof tops(either or)- i LOVE CITY MAPS(and i like it there when explosions and destruction happens)
BUT i also love steam ship because i love the idea of fighting in/on a vehicle (plus water)
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Maps with low votes should be considered for tweaks. Some have always just been popular (Like hazardous and Police Station), but some can be considered "bad" (Like Pistons or Chemical Plant). Some maps are just satisfying to move around or fight on, but some feel the opposite. It's pretty late in the development cycle to call for map changes, especially with the new AI grids being added in, but I'm hoping that tweaks are being made at the same time as the grids are being implemented. Looking forward to how things turn out!
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Thu May 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 pm
Maps with low votes should be considered for tweaks. Some have always just been popular (Like hazardous and Police Station), but some can be considered "bad" (Like Pistons or Chemical Plant). Some maps are just satisfying to move around or fight on, but some feel the opposite. It's pretty late in the development cycle to call for map changes, especially with the new AI grids being added in, but I'm hoping that tweaks are being made at the same time as the grids are being implemented. Looking forward to how things turn out!
Id say 80% of the maps existing in the pool currently are to put it politely, pretty weak and not that fun to play.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 pm
Maps with low votes should be considered for tweaks. Some have always just been popular (Like hazardous and Police Station), but some can be considered "bad" (Like Pistons or Chemical Plant). Some maps are just satisfying to move around or fight on, but some feel the opposite. [...]
I don't know. I like Canals. Chemical Plant also looks to be on the same level of Trainyard (going by the poll), and Trainyard is probably one of the most underappreciated and my personal favorites from the pool - unlike Chem Plant, which is my least. I personally cannot find even a single redeeming factor in maps like Mall but some people seem to go crazy for them; each to their own I guess. The devs seem content with their creation and the map roster as is provides many settings and themes in order for the game to appeal to the different layers of this community.
3 x

Cool Hero
Fighter
Fighter
Title: CH
Started SFD: "Pre-alpha 1.3.0 "

Post by Cool Hero » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Alley couse it's my first map.
0 x
Just play!

Andres
Fighter