Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Development roadmap and business plan (NEW!)

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Bash Kraken
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Action Hero Extraordinaire
SFD Alias: Bash Kraken
Started SFD: December 2012
Re: Development roadmap and business plan (NEW!)

Post by Bash Kraken » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 pm

So, are any more weapons or other items from the planned features going to be added in future updates? I know that adding more weapons isn't necessarily a priority but I'm sure everyone would still like a few more weapons to keep the game fresh.
0 x
heck
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 am

Bash Kraken wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 pm
So, are any more weapons or other items from the planned features going to be added in future updates? I know that adding more weapons isn't necessarily a priority but I'm sure everyone would still like a few more weapons to keep the game fresh.
Yes, most if not all the planned weapons are still planned.
3 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Raptor
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Pro
Started SFD: 0.0.0 I'm SFD
Location: In the secret base of the SFD masters who snipe people's heads off

Post by Raptor » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:08 am

I'm back guys and damn I have a lot to catch up on. Amazing update and yes we are finally in beta. Thanks gurt and hijarpe for this awesome game can't wait to play again
1 x
im back guys!!!!!!

Marik
Meatbag
SFD Account: m24

Post by Marik » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Can't w8 2 join u on Steam!! GJ guys, keep it up!
HNY :)
0 x

Mazey
Meatbag

Post by Mazey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:44 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 am
More than 80% of the Steam players have never even started a multiplayer KAG match - and that's a strictly multiplayer title we're talking about here.
Very misleading. Achievements were added March 2016. Since then, around 20% of the Steam population has played multiplayer (~70k according to steamdb). Completely fine for a nearly 7 year old game which has been out of active development for 4 years.
3 x

Asu
Meatbag
Post by Asu » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:03 pm

For completeness, as a contributor to KAG for a few months:
Off Topic
KliPeH wrote:
It's an indie title that has an unstable custom map/script framework
We sometimes break the script API but we avoid it in general. Mods relying on vanilla script without copying them is not unusal and actually the reason for most of the mod breakage. Testing has been made opt-in also so modders can test and fix their mods before the build is out.
In my knowledge maps only had one regression, though...
KliPeH wrote:
a 30FPS framerate lock
That's being sorted out, actually.
KliPeH wrote:
That's along with an amateur-looking interface
Another developer had replacing (most) of the UI in their plans but another developer may pick this up before.
KliPeH wrote:
a boring button-mash-y combat system
Button mashing is hardly going to get you far in KAG to be honest.
KAG uses PNGs for maps, and due to the nature of the game it is pretty convenient to create maps through an external editor.

It indeed requires you to create a THD account regardless of if you're using Steam or not. However, when starting the game through Steam you will be authenticated automatically. I'm not sure how it is a hassle or buggy, since I have never encountered problems using it. I doubt it's the reason the game "failed".
Cracking Steam games by replacing the steamapi library is trivial, you can't rely on it as a DRM. Even small games protected only by it end up being published on pirate websites in a few weeks. You may play KAG for free in singleplayer, but most of the interest is in the multiplayer mode, so we don't have problems with cracking.

Good luck with your steam release, I have played SFD a while ago and it was fun :)
6 x

kennoley
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: 1.8.1
Post by kennoley » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:51 am

Hello :D
Will this game also include Steam workshop support to download mods, maps, weapons/weapon skins, etc?
0 x
The Purple Pimp

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm

kennoley wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:51 am
Hello :D
Will this game also include Steam workshop support to download mods, maps, weapons/weapon skins, etc?
From what I've understood the game will include Steam Workshop to better share game contents, but I don't know if it will only focus in map sharing or it will also include script and texture pack sharing.
0 x

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter
Title: just trying to live my life
SFD Account: SivvieSivv
SFD Alias: SivvieSivv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.10.0

Post by winter hell » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 pm

ive been thinking for a while and i thinked that you should give the alpha players who played the game trough beta since they have been with sfd for a while
0 x
make it better

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon May 14, 2018 4:15 pm

winter hell wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 pm
ive been thinking for a while and i thinked that you should give the alpha players who played the game trough beta since they have been with sfd for a while
huh? Give what?
0 x

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter

Post by winter hell » Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 am

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:15 pm
winter hell wrote:
huh? Give what?
give the freaking game
0 x
make it better

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue May 15, 2018 5:18 pm

winter hell wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 am
Rick Sanchez wrote:
winter hell wrote:
huh? Give what?
give the freaking game
"ive been thinking for a while and i thinked that you should give the alpha players who played the game trough beta since they have been with sfd for a while"

you never mentioned anything about it.
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 pm

winter hell wrote:
Rick Sanchez wrote:
winter hell wrote:
huh? Give what?
give the freaking game
So you expect them to give you the game for free for taking part in the beta/alpha testing (even though all you did was play the damn game and nothing else) and they can't expect anything in return for something they have worked on for years? The only kind of people in my opinion who deserves to have the game for free might be the forums staffs such as moderators and testers.
4 x

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter

Post by winter hell » Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Sree wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 pm
winter hell wrote:
Rick Sanchez wrote:

huh? Give what?
give the freaking game
So you expect them to give you the game for free for taking part in the beta/alpha testing (even though all you did was play the damn game and nothing else) and they can't expect anything in return for something they have worked on for years? The only kind of people in my opinion who deserves to have the game for free might be the forums staffs such as moderators and testers.

weve been testing the game trough beta and aplha mate so yeah giveing the alpha and beta players the game for free would be good
0 x
make it better

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Sun May 20, 2018 10:00 pm

winter hell wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm
Sree wrote:
winter hell wrote:

give the freaking game

weve been testing the game trough beta and aplha mate so yeah giveing the alpha and beta players the game for free would be good
What about Pre-Alpha players, then? Shouldn't they also get the game for free? They played the most, so they need to be rewarded, am I right?
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Sun May 20, 2018 10:49 pm

winter hell wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm
Sree wrote:
winter hell wrote:

give the freaking game

testing the game through beta and alpha? when was the last time you reported a bug or even suggest something for the game? all you did was play the game through alpha and beta and i am pretty sure you enjoyed the time as well. 15 $ isn't too much for a game you have played for so long.
2 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 am

I'm gonna be mad when i don't have the money in steam to instantly buy the official SFD game on steam keep up the good work mythological bois.
0 x

MineWarz
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Grand Moff
SFD Alias: MineWarz
Started SFD: March 2016

Post by MineWarz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 pm

I don't know if someone's asked before, but will you be participating in Steam sales? Because if not, I know not to wait for a sale and I can buy the game immediately, but if there is going to be discount, I'd better wait for the summer, autumn or holiday sale.
0 x
It's out, guys! :D

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:24 pm

We won't be eligible to participate in the Steam summer sales as we don't even have the game on steam yet.
0 x
Gurt

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Sh4d0w wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 pm
Seems really nice. Hope it will be released somewhere in 1st quarter of 2018!
dud there's 12 months so each quarter is 3 months its the 5th month so this is already the 2nd quarter.
0 x