Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by Danger Ross » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Make C4 weld with the first object it collides with.
Right now C4 is just a single grenade that needs to be triggered in order to explode. On it's own it's kind of boring. I think it's necessary to give it some more unique properties from the other explosives to mix up the gameplay.
it would also be interesting to see C4 sticking on to players, could be a fun mechanic.
9 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Danger Ross wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 pm
Make C4 weld with the first object it collides with.
Right now C4 is just a single grenade that needs to be triggered in order to explode. On it's own it's kind of boring. I think it's necessary to give it some more unique properties from the other explosives to mix up the gameplay.
it would also be interesting to see C4 sticking on to players, could be a fun mechanic.

Sticking onto players sounds a little OP, but I am all for more diversity in SFD.
2 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Oof Boi
Meatbag
SFD Account: DaddyOof
SFD Alias: DaddyOof
Started SFD: Beta v.1.0.2c
Post by Oof Boi » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:57 pm

A / command to change the map pool. Like /maps officials would change the map pool to official maps. I often play in a server with my friends where am a mod but not the host where the host is often afk. I usually have to type in an id one at a time if I want to change maps. Adding this command would make this a lot easier.

Edit: oh, thanks
Last edited by Oof Boi on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:46 am

Oof Boi wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:57 pm
A / command to change the map pool. Like /maps officials would change the map pool to official maps. I often play in a server with my friends where am a mod but not the host where the host is often afk. I usually have to type in an id one at a time if I want to change maps. Adding this command would make this a lot easier.
use /changemapcategory [folder name]
0 x

MScull
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Title
SFD Account: MScull
SFD Alias: Scull
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by MScull » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Being able to press up and down in chat to scroll through your previous messages/commands. It's really convenient because you can quickly fix a typo or use a command more than once. (I know a few multiplayer games that have it).

For example, setting teams through chat takes a lot of effort and usually ends up with the wrong results. With this little feature, you can quickly press up, fix the mistake using backspace and hit enter.

I know you can just copy and paste your messages/commands, but this does not apply when you misspell something.
2 x
hi

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

Post by piterskiy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:33 pm

MScull wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Being able to press up and down in chat to scroll through your previous messages/commands. It's really convenient because you can quickly fix a typo or use a command more than once. (I know a few multiplayer games that have it).

For example, setting teams through chat takes a lot of effort and usually ends up with the wrong results. With this little feature, you can quickly press up, fix the mistake using backspace and hit enter.

I know you can just copy and paste your messages/commands, but this does not apply when you misspell something.
doesnt Page Up and Page Down work?
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:06 am

Reloading an empty magazine should take longer compared to a magazine that still has bullets in it.

In real life (and in games that try to resemble real life even in the slightest) the bolt catch holds the bolt back once you run out of ammo and you have to manipulate the release lever after you've inserted the (new) mag if you want to continue firing. Reloading takes significantly longer that way; usually if you want to keep your fire-rate up you'll keep a round in the chamber and switch the mags that way.

SFD should count that as 1 round or shell left:

SFD properly simulates the way weapon magazines work - in the sense that you lose all remaining ammunition if you switch to a new magazine without fully expending the ammunition in the first - unlike games with an ammo "pool" like Call of Duty, in which firing one round and reloading means you only lost one bullet instead of a whole magazine's worth of them. Due to this fact I feel the small change should be simulated as well.

What this means is reloading halfway through a mag can be a worthwhile decision instead of (mostly) a mistake; losing some ammo might be worthwhile if you wish to resume shooting more quickly, as opposed to trying to squeeze the last juices out of your magazines, miscalculating the length of the engagement and having your weapon be inoperable for a longer period of time. It's another layer of decision-making in a game already chock-full of decisions to make.

Perhaps the devs have neglected to introduce this feature so that reloading weapons can't be "optimized" further, or maybe because adding a locked-bolt sprite/animation to each weapon is too much of a hassle, but if this has never been considered prior to this I'd like it to be at least once. If we introduce a "penalty" to expending all the ammunition in a single magazine perhaps accidentally pressing 'R' halfway through it won't be so bad after all.

TL;DR - If you fully finish a magazine, add a few miliseconds to the reload animation. This should simulate what you would otherwise do in real life - send the bolt flying forward after it was locked to the rear so that you can resume firing properly. The current reload speed should be kept for when you reload midway through a magazine (old round still chambered so the new magazine feeds rounds into the weapon as if it is the old one).
1 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:56 am

Oreo wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:28 am
Turning off weapon/item spawn

There should be a setting, for every server host, to stop items/weapons from spawning (or falling from the sky like they do, in those little crates).

I know this can be done with the map editor, but it would be nice to have the option to deactivate them for all maps.

I’d like to host a game or two (in different maps) where everyone spawns with set items, without having to worry about someone pulling out an unwanted weapon.

I hope this isn’t too much to ask for :)
http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/scripts/compl ... 0-1-0-2673

Read the comments.
1 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:27 am

Saving Frankie on the first level of Zombie Nightmare should give the player a buff, i.e. Frankie as an AI fighter on your side or rewarding the player with an extra life. This could also function as an achievement for the Steam version.
6 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Oreo wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Armadyl5 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:56 am

http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/scripts/compl ... 0-1-0-2673

Read the comments.
I read it man, but it said something about removing tiles where weapons spawn, that sounds like map editor stuff to me.
i just uploaded a tiny script that does it, it was basically what was written in the comment, executed at startup.

http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/scripts/small ... 9-1-0-4309
1 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:14 am

create a way to actually ban toxic players from the game permanently or temporarily, either through their ip or account.
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 am

Powerbombs wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:14 am
create a way to actually ban toxic players from the game permanently or temporarily, either through their ip or account.
You can ban players by IP or account from a server using the /ban command. Type /help in game for more info. If you're hosting the server software you can right click on any chat entry and select kick or ban.
0 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:53 am

Gurt wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 am
You can ban players by IP or account from a server using the /ban command. Type /help in game for more info. If you're hosting the server software you can right click on any chat entry and select kick or ban.
That's exactly why @Powerbombs put an emphasis on the word "game" - they want to ban the person from all the servers, not just one. I personally feel it's a ridiculous amount of power to give to private server hosts and even if it was only given to people who hold special roles in the community (like the devs) I doubt anything could justify handing out such a punishment to your players. Still, that's the suggestion in a nutshell; it's not like other games didn't do it before.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Banning some player permanently from the game as a private host from all the servers in SFD is not a good idea at all. Someone could just start a troll server and automatically ban anyone joining it - preventing these players from ever accessing a server again preventing them from playing SFD. This sort of ban feature works in other games where the developers have full control over the experience with official servers, server hardware, hired staff, the capacity to implement reporting features for the players and implementing tools to ban players permanently. SFD does not have official servers at all, only private hosted servers.

This is just impossible for the two of us, working on this game in our spare time with no budget for it. A permanent ban feature will never happen for SFD. Some hosts even ban simply because they got killed which I think is poor sportsmanship and that should never result in you being permanently banned from SFD.
1 x
Gurt

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 pm

i was talking about like a way to report them and then have the person reviewing the report ban them (sorry for not clarifying), which would probably be a mod or admin, possibly through a forum report or an in-game report system. this system is very effective in games i know of and have played before. server hosts should definitely not be given the power to ban someone from the game, only from their server. one ban and you're done, y'know?
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 am

Considering sfd's community and it's technical staff, I don't think reporting mechanic would do well either. The mods would have fun time reviewing reports like "this noob 2v1" or "hardscoper" lmao

even if the reports look legitimate, there is no way for the devs to track it or know what really happened because these aren't official servers which are under their record. in conclusion, neither sfd's servers are suitable for a report system nor is it's dev team big enough to handle it.
2 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 am

Sree wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 am
Considering sfd's community and it's technical staff, I don't think reporting mechanic would do well either. The mods would have fun time reviewing reports like "this noob 2v1" or "hardscoper" lmao

even if the reports look legitimate, there is no way for the devs to track it or know what really happened because these aren't official servers which are under their record. in conclusion, neither sfd's servers are suitable for a report system nor is it's dev team big enough to handle it.
I don't think not being able to take care of would be the case here, particularly. If I had to put it in a way, it's like the game is very independent. You don't have to report someone for behaving badly or hacking to the game, but to the server you're in instead. You're not gaining anything when you're playing this, and ranking system doesn't seem to be coming soon, we're all playing just for fun. You can either just move to another server or kick/ban the individual lel. You have a reason to actually report or ban someone from an tourney, like an official one if it even happens someday, but besides this, I don't agree with this suggestion.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:26 am

Let mappers change the Object Type on multiple objects at once when you select multiple items. Being able to change their object ID but not the type is annoying for stuff like platforms with multiple parts.
0 x
hello yes

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:57 pm

M_M_M wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:26 am
Let mappers change the Object Type on multiple objects at once when you select multiple items. Being able to change their object ID but not the type is annoying for stuff like platforms with multiple parts.
If you only select tiles that support changing the object type then you will be able to change the object type to static/dynamic for all selected objects.
1 x
Gurt

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 am

Make it so if you copy a player/AI spawn, it uses the same profile id and stat parameters, its a real pain to Set all of that up if you use a big amout of bot spawns.
1 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...