Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Styles Idea

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Styles Idea

Post by Hamurlik » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Recently I found the old version of Superfighters deluxe

I was shocked, SO HOW SHE HAS BROUGHT EARLIER! (the old player texture https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/20 ... 0x400.jpeg)

So, it seems to me that it would be nice if you added styles to textures, for example: Return the style of the Old Version, or the retro style of Miami, or the style of flash superfighters, and add the ability to make your styles and send them to the Steam Workshop

And what about the game styles? For example, put all weapons from the flash version of superfighters

and the stats will change, and everything will be the same as in the style in which you chose

BUT! It will be possible to change how to choose, for example, to put the stats as in the old version, and the graphics as in the flash version

And only the server creator can select stats

And also the server's creator will choose whether to use a non-standard style

and still it will change the text for example, instead of "Host Game" "Start Revolution"

and more how about Change HUD by style, example: https://gamin.me/sites/all/files/blog/7980/4_3.png

PLZ ADD THIS IN SFD 1.0 (Release)
Last edited by Hamurlik on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm

that sounds cool I like that, but does anyone actually know how to do that or how it works (that goes to both ppl on this forum and for the people at mthologic interactive)
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Texture replacement (which we do not officially support) only works on the client-side. Everyone else will always have their original textures. Texture replacements (if you happened to get one) should always be of the same dimensions as the original texture to avoid problems.
0 x
Gurt

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Hamurlik » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm
that sounds cool I like that, but does anyone actually know how to do that or how it works (that goes to both ppl on this forum and for the people at mthologic interactive)
and still it will change the text for example, instead of "Host Game" "Start Revolution"
Gurt wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:31 pm
Texture replacement (which we do not officially support) only works on the client-side. Everyone else will always have their original textures. Texture replacements (if you happened to get one) should always be of the same dimensions as the original texture to avoid problems.
then just use the same size (I'm a genius)
Last edited by Noble on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts.
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 am

Hamurlik wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 pm
And what about the game styles? For example, put all weapons from the flash version of superfighters
You can use this texture pack to change weapon textures into the ones from the original SF. Keep in mind only you will be able to see them and updating the game will still overwrite them to the original textures.

Otherwise, wanting the model and object textures, title screen and settings, features and moves to change back to the ones in the old SF... hell, just play the old SF then. It has all the "stats" and "everything is the same in the style of SF" you describe. Is this another "make the original SF multiplayer" suggestion in disguise? It's still a very solid game even without multiplayer. Alternatively you can set SFD to x1.2 speed, remove grabs and play on some modern remakes of the classic SF maps and you're just about ready to go. I don't know about you but I appreciate ledge-grabbing and having the fire/aim buttons separated, plus the higher variety in both ranged and melee weaponry (spawn rates is also something you can change I believe). The "Host game" tab and whatnot can be changed via the Language_default.xml file.
0 x

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Hamurlik » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:03 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 am
Hamurlik wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 pm
You can use this texture pack to change weapon textures into the ones from the original SF. Keep in mind only you will be able to see them and updating the game will still overwrite them to the original textures.

Otherwise, wanting the model and object textures, title screen and settings, features and moves to change back to the ones in the old SF... hell, just play the old SF then. It has all the "stats" and "everything is the same in the style of SF" you describe. Is this another "make the original SF multiplayer" suggestion in disguise? It's still a very solid game even without multiplayer. Alternatively you can set SFD to x1.2 speed, remove grabs and play on some modern remakes of the classic SF maps and you're just about ready to go. I don't know about you but I appreciate ledge-grabbing and having the fire/aim buttons separated, plus the higher variety in both ranged and melee weaponry (spawn rates is also something you can change I believe). The "Host game" tab and whatnot can be changed via the Language_default.xml file.
i am know, in my sfd before was standing texture pack, but this dont change players texture, my idea was to make the look of the old version of the game, as well as to the creator of the server could change the style of the gameplay, for example ... like the old SF, and this looks like this
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/20 ... 0x400.jpeg
0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:09 am

one phrase... This Is Why Textures Exist!
Off Topic
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection