Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Aim/Shoot while in the air?

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: hey
SFD Account: jlo
Started SFD: March 2017

Aim/Shoot while in the air?

Post by jlo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 pm

I thought of this since like you can just shoot and jump but what if you can aim and shoot, that would be cool.
So like you can jump in mid air and shoot the person in front of you before you die or whatever?
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

Artifex
Fighter
Fighter
Title: i kick ass and chew gum daily
Started SFD: year before old forums closed
Post by Artifex » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Although it would look cool, it would be almost impossible to implement into the game with current mechanics because the same keys for aiming are used to move the character. So if it was implemented, you would be able to shoot, but you can't move while in midair.
2 x
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Artifex wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 pm
Although it would look cool, it would be almost impossible to implement into the game with current mechanics because the same keys for aiming are used to move the character. So if it was implemented, you would be able to shoot, but you can't move while in midair.
Not only that, but think about how impractical an hard to control that would be.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 pm

yeah true, but you can jump and hold D and aim it would be hard to shoot,
still it's a good idea to be added into, even tho the current engine or something makes it impossible
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:44 pm

jlo wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 pm
yeah true, but you can jump and hold D and aim it would be hard to shoot,
still it's a good idea to be added into, even tho the current engine or something makes it impossible
Eh I don’t think so. It seems literally useless.not to insult your idea or anything but just think about it. If you are falling, you are probably going to rag doll soon after anyways. If the fall isn’t that large, you are only going to have a second or so to aim. If you jump, same concept, you are only going to have a very small amount of time to aim. Not to mention it would be really hard to aim since you are moving whilst aiming, not to mention it is already more difficult to hit a moving target.
0 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 pm

The first game had a similar function, I don't know if it is true or not but you could shoot in the air, I don't know if that's true I haven't played it in like 2 years.
I don't think it'd be hard you can only shoot like right in front of you not like behind you I mean if they could they can probably make it so you can shoot from behind you
But the thing is I thought you can jump hold D and use the arrow keys similar to the first game or there would be a extra button such as using your mouse to aim or shoot idk.
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

Yigrido
Fighter
Fighter
Title: zyfex is our savior
SFD Account: Bobbydied
SFD Alias: Yigrido
Started SFD: August 2018
Post by Yigrido » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 pm

jlo wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 pm
The first game had a similar function, I don't know if it is true or not but you could shoot in the air, I don't know if that's true I haven't played it in like 2 years.
I don't think it'd be hard you can only shoot like right in front of you not like behind you I mean if they could they can probably make it so you can shoot from behind you
But the thing is I thought you can jump hold D and use the arrow keys similar to the first game or there would be a extra button such as using your mouse to aim or shoot idk.
You were not able to shoot midair at all in the original game. Since you were forced to aim while shooting, you couldn't shoot while running, sprinting, crouching, or jumping. You can shoot behind you by turning around midair, I would have thought that would be fairly self-explanatory.
0 x
I try so hard to tryhard, but I can't tryhard no matter how hard I try.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:23 am

jlo wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 pm
You couldn’t actually. You can only aim while you are completely still in the original SuperFighters. In the current version 1.0.2c you can shoot while walking and jumping, but you can’t aim up or down. I think that’s fine. Actual aiming your gun up and down while in the air however would be impractical.
0 x

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:12 am

I can see this being possible. You would have to jump and then press the aim button and just aim midair. You’d keep the momentum from your jump and after you land (if you’re still aiming) you’d just stand still like when you normally aim.

I can see people getting awesome drop shots by being able to aim midair. Seems like a cool idea but the real question is: what do the devs think of this idea?
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 am

Vitamin E wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:12 am
I can see this being possible. You would have to jump and then press the aim button and just aim midair. You’d keep the momentum from your jump and after you land (if you’re still aiming) you’d just stand still like when you normally aim.

I can see people getting awesome drop shots by being able to aim midair. Seems like a cool idea but the real question is: what do the devs think of this idea?
Yeah but, what about ragdolling. After you fall a certain amount you are just going to fall. I’m going to have to test out some of the ragdolling properties, as I am not 100% sure in particular what causes them to occur, but wouldn’t that completely void the purpose of the aiming?
0 x

Yigrido
Fighter
Fighter
Title: zyfex is our savior
SFD Account: Bobbydied
SFD Alias: Yigrido
Started SFD: August 2018
Post by Yigrido » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm pretty sure that falling a short distance will initiate the "falling" (not ragdolling) animation in which you are unable to do anything except move midair. Even a jump on level ground with air-aiming would look pretty clunky because aiming would pause all momentum and force a standing animation.
2 x
I try so hard to tryhard, but I can't tryhard no matter how hard I try.

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 am

i mean if you fall your gun would fall down too.
if you imagine just jumping and aiming at something and shooting
the aim would be rather kinda slow, if it was fast it would probably be considered a glitch
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 am

jlo wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 am
i mean if you fall your gun would fall down too.
if you imagine just jumping and aiming at something and shooting
the aim would be rather kinda slow, if it was fast it would probably be considered a glitch
What? I am talking about when you rag doll after falling
For a while.

“Your gun will fall too”
What are you talking about? The gun is going to fall at the same velocity right next to you and you can still aim with it? I’m really confused at what you are trying to convey at this point and time.
0 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by jlo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:50 pm

by that i mean from ragdoll when you die i meant to say and the entire point is if we can aim a bit higher or lower and shoot in mid air still smooth physics not like sloppy fast ones
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:09 pm

jlo wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:50 pm
by that i mean from ragdoll when you die i meant to say and the entire point is if we can aim a bit higher or lower and shoot in mid air still smooth physics not like sloppy fast ones
Not to sound rude or anything but, what are you trying to say? Like I physically am trying to read it but I am having trouble comprehending it.

“If we can aim a bit higher or lower and shoot in mid air still smooth physics not like sloppy fast ones”

Aim higher or lower? We can already completely aim up or down.

Shoot in the mid air with still smooth physics? That’s easier said then done. Aiming in the air just seems too impractical to me for the devs to consider rewriting their code.

Not like sloppy fast ones? What sloppy fast ones? Sloppy fast aiming? Sloppy fast falling? I have no idea what you are talking about.
1 x

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 pm

This would take some extra skill to control but it would be just another special mechanic. It would need to take some high ground to fall in while aiming quick enough to land an accurate shot. What we could do is just to have one handed shooting for only on ledges and ladders with only handguns.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 pm

GreenyShark wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 pm
This would take some extra skill to control but it would be just another special mechanic. It would need to take some high ground to fall in while aiming quick enough to land an accurate shot. What we could do is just to have one handed shooting for only on ledges and ladders with only handguns.
Wow now that’s a good suggestion. One handed guns shooting from ladders and ledge grabs am I reading that correctly? I disagree with the whole aiming in mid air thing but that shooting while ledge grabbing can be the bees knees when it comes to combat!
0 x

iamthetarget
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Master SFD
SFD Account: iamthetarget
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4

Post by iamthetarget » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 pm

just slide and drop and aim together u can actually shoot i try that and i hit some players
0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm

I suggested a long time ago to allow players that activate slo-mo to be able to aim mid-air, if the devs or anyone else considers aiming mid-air (in real-time) impractical, then I suggest considering allowing players that activate slo-mo to be able to aim mid-air.

It would be a great buff for the slo-mo since (as of now) many players consider the slo-mo to be an inconvenience rather than a useful powerup, but if letting only the player that activates slo-mo aim mid-air seems a bit unfair then, no problem, everyone can aim mid-air during slo-mo.

I'd really love for this feature to be added to the game regardless of slo-mo, it would really spice up gun-play and give players more options to fight mid-air, because players can't precisely shoot anyone that isn't right ahead of them.

imagine the scripts and gamemodes people would be able to create if this feature was to be added, I don't know about others but I'd love jetpack fights or any other kind of air-combat, rather than only being limited to jump kicks and punches, if not for practicality, add it for the fun-factor.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:18 am

StarNord wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm
I suggested a long time ago to allow players that activate slo-mo to be able to aim mid-air, if the devs or anyone else considers aiming mid-air (in real-time) impractical, then I suggest considering allowing players that activate slo-mo to be able to aim mid-air.

It would be a great buff for the slo-mo since (as of now) many players consider the slo-mo to be an inconvenience rather than a useful powerup, but if letting only the player that activates slo-mo aim mid-air seems a bit unfair then, no problem, everyone can aim mid-air during slo-mo.

I'd really love for this feature to be added to the game regardless of slo-mo, it would really spice up gun-play and give players more options to fight mid-air, because players can't precisely shoot anyone that isn't right ahead of them.

imagine the scripts and gamemodes people would be able to create if this feature was to be added, I don't know about others but I'd love jetpack fights or any other kind of air-combat, rather than only being limited to jump kicks and punches, if not for practicality, add it for the fun-factor.
Really interesting suggestion! It’s like the matrix. However, everyone gaining that ability seems a bit counter intuitive to me. Then again, 5-10 seconds of mid air aiming for one player would be kind of OP. I’m sure there can be some balance established.
0 x