Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Explosive belt

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
King Proshka
Fighter
Fighter
Explosive belt

Post by King Proshka » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Kabboom! Abuh Kabubar!
-Captain what is that?
-Its a explosive belt!
You run away and you have 1 hp? You dont have strength boost and your enemy are comming
and than he killed you and you think: Damn, if i had an explosive belt i'll make draw and kick his ass!
So hello, how about an explosive belt. If you have no weapons or you out of ammo you can run to enemy
while spamming chat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)try to explode me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
\\ Features //
*You can use detonator and set time of exploshion
*You can throw your belt to enemy
*If your enemy is dead and he also activated his belt you can actully defuse the bomb
*If you used your belt but when you have chance to win you can turn off your belt
but the timer will either go further to 0 (in this case, if you use a belt then you'll explode) or the timer will stop, but you cant change timer
*If belt activeted it will be red dot who change to red if you going to explode.
Default dark green dot
*With belt you walk slowly
*If you burning your belt have 30% chanche to explode
Last edited by King Proshka on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
4 x
Typical boi who have an idea

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Nahhh. Just cook a grenade and don’t let go. No need for these new crazy items.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
Post by Katrtlen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Also it would be better to try keeping fighting till the last second. Yeah you can make a draw so opponent won't win if you have no chance, but it only frustrates both sides while there is always a possibility to win, and even if not then you fought with honor.
So I think this item will only make things bad, if you want such badass draw then cook a grenade and hold it.
2 x
Green buttons are good

King Proshka
Fighter
Fighter
Post by King Proshka » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Katrtlen wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:14 pm
Also it would be better to try keeping fighting till the last second. Yeah you can make a draw so opponent won't win if you have no chance, but it only frustrates both sides while there is always a possibility to win, and even if not then you fought with honor.
So I think this item will only make things bad, if you want such badass draw then cook a grenade and hold it.
Thank you, you give me idea ( read again feature of belt )
I think you can do it with grenade, but you cant run and you can change your mind but you have grenade.
So yes and no at the same time
0 x

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:30 am

hmmm remember a Antonikon ¿Antonikton? had a item that was a explosive belt that exploded when youre dead body tuched a enemy. Youre idea i must say once more you can make it real with a script.
1 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I've read the whole idea of the explosive belt and I'm against it. I'll try to explain why I'm against that idea in points, so you can get a better view of my opinion.

1. The detonator and the time of explosion
A detonator for the explosive belt is something pretty much normal, but the possibility to set the time of the explosion is wrong. The explosive belts do not have anything like a countdown for the explosion - instead the explosion is instantaneous, killing the one wearing it and the people around the suicide bomber. I do understand that SFD doesn't tend to be realistic, but the timer idea doesn't make sense for me. Furthermore, there's no limit to how many seconds you can set for the explosion countdown, being able to blow up yourself quickly, or to either wait for yourself to heal up or to get more time to prepare yourself to detonate your enemies. One more thing - the ability to turn the explosive belt off already makes this weapon pointless, as you are supposed to try to kill the opponent with an explosion at the point of losing your own life. If you can turn the belt off, then I see no point in wearing it in the first place.

2. The ability to throw the belt to the enemy
The ability to throw the belt to the enemy doesn't make sense, as you are the one to blow yourself up, not the belt laying on the ground, waiting for the enemy to step on it. Hell, I even doubt if there would be a possibility for the enemy not to see the belt, because it would just look like a smaller, but a much wider mine. It also tops up with the previous point because the belt can work like a C4, except it's rather a delaying grenade than a C4. Now, this brings me to the next point.

3. The bomb mechanic
I have the least to say about this. Basically, you have to defuse the explosive belt to prevent it from exploding. So, here's the thing - how are we supposed to defuse the bomb? There's no explanation of how you have to defuse it - there's no bomb disarming set nor are you told to cut the cables with a sharp weapon. I also don't see any mechanic of defusing the bomb, like a minigame or something like that.

4. The cons of wearing the belt
This is the last point I want to make. The cons of wearing the belt are ridiculous. Being forced to walk slowly impedes your pursuit of the enemy, as the lack of the ability to run allows the enemy to easily escape you while you have to rely on planning out when you should blow yourself up. The most absurd consequence of wearing the belt is the 30% possibility to get blown up much earlier if you're burning. This absolutely doesn't make sense because of how easily you can get blown up simply from being on fire. Let's say there are 10 cases of being on fire and wearing the explosive belt. You'll die three times and survive seven times, right? Well, you're wrong. You can even die in all 10 cases, with the cause of death being the burning explosive belt. The author haven't even precised whether you'll get blown up because you accidentally catched fire and it's starting to spread or when the flames spread so much you have to roll to put the fire out.

So yeah, that's basically all what I had to say. A terrible idea, followed by the lack of sensible arguments.
2 x

King Proshka
Fighter
Fighter
Post by King Proshka » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Sh4d0w wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 pm
I've read the whole idea of the explosive belt and I'm against it. I'll try to explain why I'm against that idea in points, so you can get a better view of my opinion.

1. The detonator and the time of explosion
A detonator for the explosive belt is something pretty much normal, but the possibility to set the time of the explosion is wrong. The explosive belts do not have anything like a countdown for the explosion - instead the explosion is instantaneous, killing the one wearing it and the people around the suicide bomber. I do understand that SFD doesn't tend to be realistic, but the timer idea doesn't make sense for me. Furthermore, there's no limit to how many seconds you can set for the explosion countdown, being able to blow up yourself quickly, or to either wait for yourself to heal up or to get more time to prepare yourself to detonate your enemies. One more thing - the ability to turn the explosive belt off already makes this weapon pointless, as you are supposed to try to kill the opponent with an explosion at the point of losing your own life. If you can turn the belt off, then I see no point in wearing it in the first place.

2. The ability to throw the belt to the enemy
The ability to throw the belt to the enemy doesn't make sense, as you are the one to blow yourself up, not the belt laying on the ground, waiting for the enemy to step on it. Hell, I even doubt if there would be a possibility for the enemy not to see the belt, because it would just look like a smaller, but a much wider mine. It also tops up with the previous point because the belt can work like a C4, except it's rather a delaying grenade than a C4. Now, this brings me to the next point.

3. The bomb mechanic
I have the least to say about this. Basically, you have to defuse the explosive belt to prevent it from exploding. So, here's the thing - how are we supposed to defuse the bomb? There's no explanation of how you have to defuse it - there's no bomb disarming set nor are you told to cut the cables with a sharp weapon. I also don't see any mechanic of defusing the bomb, like a minigame or something like that.

4. The cons of wearing the belt
This is the last point I want to make. The cons of wearing the belt are ridiculous. Being forced to walk slowly impedes your pursuit of the enemy, as the lack of the ability to run allows the enemy to easily escape you while you have to rely on planning out when you should blow yourself up. The most absurd consequence of wearing the belt is the 30% possibility to get blown up much earlier if you're burning. This absolutely doesn't make sense because of how easily you can get blown up simply from being on fire. Let's say there are 10 cases of being on fire and wearing the explosive belt. You'll die three times and survive seven times, right? Well, you're wrong. You can even die in all 10 cases, with the cause of death being the burning explosive belt. The author haven't even precised whether you'll get blown up because you accidentally catched fire and it's starting to spread or when the flames spread so much you have to roll to put the fire out.

So yeah, that's basically all what I had to say. A terrible idea, followed by the lack of sensible arguments.
Tomorrow i make my post better and yeah thank you! This isn't a terribleidea and its very useful in game
0 x