Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Visible indicators of bouncy/incendiary ammo for guns.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Visible indicators of bouncy/incendiary ammo for guns.

Post by mgtr14 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:21 pm

I don't know if it's supposed to be a secret or not, but you often find out too late when an enemy has incendiary/bouncy ammo. A colored outline guns to indicate ammo type would be nice.
3 x
Shut up bitch!!

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Wed May 08, 2019 4:05 am

I think you just have to see them pick it up or otherwise you wont know, the same way you dont know exactly how much ammo or durability a enemies weapon has. I think its better to leave it a secret, that way it makes you have to pay more attention to all players and their weapons to really plan for the situation. the same way how you can hide the grenades, mines, shuriken's, etc (also like in real life you could hide these things from and enemy as well where as an entire katana wouldn't be as easy to conceal)
4 x

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Thu May 09, 2019 11:12 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:05 am
I think you just have to see them pick it up or otherwise you wont know, the same way you dont know exactly how much ammo or durability a enemies weapon has. I think its better to leave it a secret, that way it makes you have to pay more attention to all players and their weapons to really plan for the situation. the same way how you can hide the grenades, mines, shuriken's, etc (also like in real life you could hide these things from and enemy as well where as an entire katana wouldn't be as easy to conceal)
TLDR; git gud

I agree with you wholeheartedly
3 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Fri May 10, 2019 2:53 am

It's pretty easy to pay attention to other players. Some players can even pay attention to how many bullets their opponents have left! Paying attention to what type of ammo they pick up wouldn't be hard.
3 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:02 pm

I don't see how anyone can keep track of every single thing that happens in a match. There could be bouncy bullets in a gun that goes unnoticed until it's brandished against you. If all of you are telling me that you can keep track of every gun modification used in a match of 8 players scrambling around, while fighting some fights yourself, then I would like to know how you manage that.

The only time I can completely keep my attention on someone is when I have nothing else to worry about, which can be rare.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 am

After thinking about it, I actually agree that there should be an indicator for special ammo just like there is an indicator for laser sights. I thought that a glow around the weapon is not a bad idea, But unlike the 3x2 texture tiny texture of the laser sight, It's very easy to spot. But it's still an acceptable idea. My idea, However, Is to change the color of the magazine and the laser sight if attached. Here are some demonstrations

The only problem I thought about is that texture makers should make additional textures for every type of ammo.
4 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.