Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Show Script Debug Information should be checked by default

Here you can find answered ScriptAPI topics.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
NearHuscarl
Superfighter
Superfighter

Show Script Debug Information should be checked by default

Post by NearHuscarl » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 am

When I write

Code: Select all

Game.DrawLine(pA, pB);
in the update callback

I expect there is a line to be drawn when testing in the map editor, but it's not there and I have to check my code several times before remembering I have to check that option in the Map Debug menu which will be reset everytime I open the Map Editor again.

It would be more sensible to enable that option by default since it causes mild inconvenience when someone uses the debugging drawing methods.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:52 pm

NearHuscarl wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 am
When I write

Code: Select all

Game.DrawLine(pA, pB);
in the update callback

I expect there is a line to be drawn when testing in the map editor, but it's not there and I have to check my code several times before remembering I have to check that option in the Map Debug menu which will be reset everytime I open the Map Editor again.

It would be more sensible to enable that option by default since it causes mild inconvenience when someone uses the debugging drawing methods.
If you keep the debug dialog open even after the simulation has stopped, your selections will be kept for the next time you test the map.
0 x