Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map editor loading

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Map editor loading

Post by Shock » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:59 am

This happens when you use some tiles/objects etc in map editor, so the main trouble is that when you click on some of the objects, it is loading for some time and then you can edit that object you have chosen, it is really annoying to wait while making a map, maybe there's an solve of the problem?
0 x
-Content-maker.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Can you provide more feedback other than it takes some time when selecting some objects?
The more objects you select (100+) the longer time it can take to calculate any common properties to show in the properties window. Preparing the properties window also take some time. This only takes a few milliseconds and shouldn't be a problem.
The map editor also needs to load before it can be used at all.

What you might experience is the list images populating the tree-list once they have finished loaded in the background after starting the editor. Once the tree-list rebuilds itself it can freeze the editor for about 1-2 seconds. This is done once after starting the map editor from the main menu. If you don't care about the list images you can disable them in the config.ini by changing EDITOR_DISABLE_LIST_IMAGES to 0.
1 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Sometimes it works well without any lags/loadings, but when it happens - i cannot find the reason. Well if it happens, just when i use any object or click on it, i can see that editor is loading as it starts, i don't even choose multiply objects. It loads a bit faster when i click on TargetObjectJoint for example. But other objects, triggers are loading for 2 seconds or sometimes even 3. Same thing happens when you place them somewhere. The map also takes a little longer to load than usual even if it's empty. Now it works well, but not always. Player with nickname "MyXa" had same trouble and he says that these pre-loads suffered him for a long time. So, in common it happens when you do basic actions: Clicking the object, deleting the object, placing the object
Also... Once i just deleted my list images and nothing changed even when map editor reloaded well.
If i catch the frame, i'll show how it works.
Last edited by Shock on Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
-Content-maker.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 pm

The map editor also have a feature that, when enabled, all objects using your selected tiles will be marked. This allows you to see triggers using your selected objects. This can take time to calculate and nothing you want to have active at all times. It's a visual aid in the editor when selecting tiles. I think you toggle it with CAPS LOCK. I think that's what you're experience. The more stuff in your level the longer it will take to select stuff.
2 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm

I think i haven't used CAPS CLOCK before, thank you, now i know :)
Well i hope once i'll show what actual trouble is.
1 x
-Content-maker.