Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Add individual cameras

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Add individual cameras

Post by Odex64 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:09 pm

I'm aware the game's not maintained as before and we hardly ever get updates just for bug fixes, however we (map makers) would appreciate a last new feature.. individual cameras. We could make some special maps & gamemodes which require a camera for each player, plus it'd be really useful for big maps and it could fix that usual camera flickering, and might increase SFD's lifespan a bit more.. who knows.

I also got Gurt's post about individual cameras:
Gurt wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:31 pm
By default the camera will always try to focus yourself and any other players.
We have already adjusted a few things to the camera we have noticed ourselves.

As we prioritize local multiplayer individual cameras on the client-side will not be a thing (we don't intend to create split-screen either). We have a certain vision for the game and in that vision we don't need split-screens and client-side only cameras (similar to how SF didn't have split-screen). If it ever will be implemented it will be in a post-launch update dedicated for map-makers I guess if we have inspiration for it.
If you guys ever consider this idea, you could add each player's camera in map editor (similar to a dynamic camera, but you can set the boundaries), plus some methods to change back the camera type or edit the boundaries in-game, triggers are optional.
4 x

Juansero29
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Superfighter
SFD Account: Juansero29
SFD Alias: Juansero29
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.0.5

Post by Juansero29 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:10 pm

It would be really cool to have split cameras, I agree with you. Could help to make servers like Hardcore implement more complex tactics in which you choose to be aware of only the immediate room you're in, even if some other battle is taken place in other part of the map with some other players. It could be cool.

Let's hope the devs still have the time and motivation to implement this...
1 x

Code: Select all

boom() {
  echo "BOOM!";			
}
BOOM!
----------------------------------------
Setting the world free since 1998
----------------------------------------

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:55 pm

You should check this post about individual cameras -> viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2523&p=15902&hilit= ... era#p15902
1 x
-Content-maker.

Fleecade
Meatbag

Post by Fleecade » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm

Of course I don't think something like that would be good for official maps, as that's against the vision of the game itself, but for map makers, that would be an amazing feature. Individual cameras would give map makers a lot more abilities for creating custom maps and gamemodes, I already have a few ideas myself that aren't really possible without this feature existing.
1 x

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:39 pm

I'm still waiting for any response..
0 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:19 pm

I'd file this under "don't count on it". We're not actively working on SFD anymore, and individual cameras is not a trivial thing to implement.
0 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

android7
Fighter
Fighter

Post by android7 » Mon May 09, 2022 9:58 pm

for future visitors of this thread I'd like to point out a workshop script:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... ual+camera
2 x