Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Development roadmap and business plan (OLD)

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Edit 2017-12-12: This roadmap is out of date. You want this one.

► Show Spoiler
24 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Corporal Adrian Shephard
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Cpl Adrian Shephard

Post by Corporal Adrian Shephard » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:52 pm

That is a nice plan. I wonder, do you have a date for release of the full version of the game?
0 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:17 pm

23 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:20 pm

I think you should be able to join Versus games from paid version instead of joining free version servers, while removing the ability to host for free users : This would prevent the community from splitting into a free and a paid community, that would reduce the number of sales, with the free community playing by themselves.
Also, if you implement my former idea, I suggest that you restrict in some way the character customization, so free people would want to buy the paid version because they saw the cool skin of one of their opponent. Vanity items are a good sale argument.
12 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Hjarpe, never change. I do hope you're doing the dialogue and other story bits for the campaign because your humor is on point.

Gwen has it right. If a host is playing Versus, free players being able to join will help bridge the gap in the community. That said, I'm a little anxious over how the entire thing will go. How much of the community will buy the game, and how much content can really split the demo and the main game to give incentive towards buying it? I know I will; I've been here long enough. Do make character customization and whatnot locked down for free players though, you'd be surprised at how rich you'll become.

Concerning planned features: I'm very glad to hear that grabs is guaranteed on the road to completion! What I wanna know is, what's the deal with the other planned features (Dual wielding, whips, etc)? Are they to be added later while you focus on the big milestones, are they scrapped...?

If I buy the game through you guys, and then decide I'd like to load it through Steam instead, can we contact you to get Steam keys for our account?
Excited about who you choose to do the music; wondering if it'll be mid-combat stuff or just menu/browsing/campaign stuff.

Looking forward to things, guys! You're almost there!!!
8 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks Luney! Yes I will be writing most if not all the story and dialogue. All I have to contend with is BO: The Secret of Steel, so I feel pretty confident.

Gwen may be right about being able to join but not host in the free version, we'll talk about that some more. Restricting customization in the free version is also a good idea.

Here we've only listed the biggest features, none of the features in the planned features forum have been scrapped unless we say so. We'll keep implementing minor features throughout alpha/beta.

We don't know anything about Steam yet, but ideally we'd be able to hand out a key if you've already bought the game, yeah.
7 x

BLITZER
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Miserable One
SFD Alias: Death
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.9

Post by BLITZER » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Good bye superfighters :(
0 x
The worst country ever that doesnt have online purchaseing.
ps:Thats mine

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Wtf?!?! What country doesnt have online purcasing?
North corea?!
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

PixelSkeleton
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Deadsh0t
SFD Alias: Void
Started SFD: June 2015
Post by PixelSkeleton » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:35 pm

Will you add the option to buy by paysafecard?
0 x

Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2

Post by Formel » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:08 pm

I think it is too early to talk about payment systems. Also, I don't think that 10$ would be too much. Even a schoolguy in goddamn Ukraine can afford this by saving money from dinners and helping someone to get some spare cash. Like, there is terminals and so one. So, if you really like this game, you SHOULD try to buy it.
3 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1

Post by TimeWorker » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:59 pm

the day when SFD will become paid i will go and and....i will cry in a corner cuze i cant buy games for a reason so rip me.
0 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:08 pm

Wow, really exciting news! Having a paid beta is a good idea. Is it going to be cheaper than buying the full version later on? If it is, that's another incentive for buying the paid beta.
What about people cracking the game? I suppose an account system will make it much harder to do.

I agree with Gwen and Lunatic about hosting and customization. Take League of Legends for example: it's a 100% free game, except that you can buy skins if you want, even though they change absolutely nothing on the gameplay, they're just visual features. Even so, they're one of the most profitable games in the world. The irony...

Also I'm glad that you're saving the story mode for the full version. It would take away some of the hype and surprise if you put some campaigns little by little in the paid beta :p
0 x
Hold your breath.

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:03 am

@Hjarpe well memed friend

Seriously, this is looking really good! Restricting some features for players who haven't bought the game will surely encourage them to buy it. By the way, are you planning linking accounts with Steam/GOG etc. accounts? I don't really want to register another account, it's not worth it.
1 x
Decisions, decisions.

Maldo
Meatbag
SFD Alias: SNK
Started SFD: SNK

Post by Maldo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:30 am

I dont buy the game
2 x

Hoang Marcel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Custom map lover
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Hoang Marcel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:50 am

Maybe after full version you can made DLC or expansion pack for SFD? :D
0 x

Yopa
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The great cosmic christ
SFD Alias: Diablo Yoyoeho
Started SFD: 1.5.9

Post by Yopa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:55 am

:twisted: Do you think the hacker, who could make the free game with Utorrent ?
In the SFD paid at the beginning there will be nobody . People will get tired of the game and stop playing , what I propose is to bring the game before it's paid on Steam , the youtuber to try and say to their subscribers , this game is great and is free , they will play
And then you put the paid game , and there a lot of people buy it, and you 'll be super happy and you'll thank me . This technique works perfectly
1 x
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Raptor
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Pro
Started SFD: 0.0.0 I'm SFD
Location: In the secret base of the SFD masters who snipe people's heads off

Post by Raptor » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:34 pm

I can't buy it :( (Parents)

Can we do some secret things so I can give u the 10 dollars ? Like send u an envelope lol across the whole ocean
2 x
im back guys!!!!!!

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 am

So, something that maybe a lot of people missed in the post, including myself: bots are coming soon? Yus.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 am

Splinter wrote:So, something that maybe a lot of people missed in the post, including myself: bots are coming soon? Yus.
Bots and weapons is sure , no forget of Parachutes and Jetpack
0 x
Just me The Predator!

Elk
Meatbag
Title: Worst Melee Combatant Ever
SFD Account: Kimihro
SFD Alias: Elk, El Alce, Kimihro
Started SFD: since launch

Post by Elk » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:13 am

Paid beta... Steam Greenlight? I don't know the intricacies of how that shit works but there are systems that give incentive people paying for an incomplete game. Saying that sounds wrong though... you guys have standards that I wish were the status quo for when it came for releasing things to the public that people are expected to pay for. The money in this industry has made a lot of hearts rotten, and the quality of game shows... you could easily release what you have now for money and pass it off as complete and it would still be leaps and bounds above what is considered normal right now.

Not saying you should, but still.

I've been loyal to this series since I was a Newgrounder though, I'd pay fucking $30 if I had to. $10 isn't much, it's the same you'd pay for music or a restaurant meal.

I'm really concerned about piracy and server trolling, though. I've already run into one dude (or several, who fucking knows) who spent the better half of a week camping my servers and doing whatever the fuck he wants before crashing everyone out, computer savvy assholes are a cancer to these games and I hope that will change when this game exits alpha. I'm full on for making an account and having the necessary checks to ensure that everyone I play against is verified and other shit like that.
6 x