Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Taikairama
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: j ok da I'm da iad ok da I'll
Started SFD: 1.6.0 maybe

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by Taikairama » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:21 am

Make new tips about the grab stuff, this would be helpful for new players, because meanwhile there isn't yet the tutorial about grabs and throw
4 x
Rubber wrote:also paywalls remove toxic players

GG123Snipa
Meatbag
SFD Account: GG123Snipa

Post by GG123Snipa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:21 am

Please add an option on the map editor to hide player names and bars.
3 x

Rubber
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Experimental Map Maker...?
SFD Account: Rubbla Bubbla
SFD Alias: @Rubber
Started SFD: First versions of SFD

Post by Rubber » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:09 pm

We need a camera mode that focuses on the player and moves accordingly to the player's movements, and not the other characters. It would be perfect for a "Trouble in Terrorist Town" kind of gamemode and adventure maps.

actually it would be great for a lot of other custom maps
3 x
Here's what I do:
  • Give bad advice
  • Criticise people's maps in an unnecessary way
  • Spam pictures in tutorials
  • Write walls of text
  • Incoherently open a server
  • Make too complex gamemodes

Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0

Post by Player1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Sharper dive box, so that grabs make more sense.
2 x

Guille_dlC
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Guille_dlC
SFD Alias: Ghost
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.6.0

Post by Guille_dlC » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Hey! How about you make an option in the host game where you can have weapon preferences? Like, bazookas have 1% chance of spawning and shotguns 98%. Like in the map editor, but for your server!
7 x
Remove melee

Taikairama
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: j ok da I'm da iad ok da I'll
Started SFD: 1.6.0 maybe

Post by Taikairama » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:21 am

Guille_dlC wrote:Hey! How about you make an option in the host game where you can have weapon preferences? Like, bazookas have 1% chance of spawning and shotguns 98%. Like in the map editor, but for your server!
Maybe handicaps too?, like smash bros
You choose which weapons can spawn, the probability of it...it's a cool idea
4 x
Rubber wrote:also paywalls remove toxic players

Brine
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Brine » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 pm

I agree!Any kind of taunt would be cool.especially moonwalk!.preety original too!
thanks for replying
3 x

Jojopeterjohn
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Person
SFD Account: SuperFunk
SFD Alias: Jojopeterjohn
Started SFD: Since the original SF

Post by Jojopeterjohn » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:06 am

It's rather hard to distinguish the colors when playing with 4 teams. Could you give the teams colors that are more obviously different? Right now the yellow/green teams are not instantly distinguishable, resulting in some friendly fire.
1 x
"What?"
-Albert Einstein

cloudwalker
Meatbag
SFD Alias: Jackie the Blade, hyun
Started SFD: 2015

Post by cloudwalker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:49 am

A ranking system that's based on how many players you killed overall, or how long you played the game.
1 x
Killers Don't Die So Easily

psychotherapist
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: psychotherapist
SFD Alias: krameraad
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.8

Post by psychotherapist » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:35 pm

When standing on top of snowy tiles, you could duck and press the use key when there is nothing else to use, to pick up a snowball. A small 1 second long animation before you can actually throw it, where the guy would compress the snow into a ball or something, to prevent it from being too spammable. It would work as a makeshift weapon (no dedicated weapon slot), one shot, throwable only (like grenades). Maybe 6 damage or something? I'm imagining big snowball fights with no other weapons, just for fun.
3 x

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:34 pm

what about if When a player dives but he falls too fast to the ground, the player will lose stability and then he takes fall damage (as always).

Also would be great if you add a command to show the current moderator list in SFD like "/listmoderators".
1 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

Astro
Meatbag

Post by Astro » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:25 am

Finger pressing action when you shoot a gun
1 x

DanQZ
Fighter
Fighter

Post by DanQZ » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:56 am

Saw the planned feature of "bullets ripping chunks out of walls" and I think those chunks could fall down as rocks, do minor damage to people underneath. That way you can shoot a roof on top of someone and they can get hit even behind cover, though not doing lots of damage.

Those rocks you could also be able to throw.
1 x

Gmax
Meatbag

Post by Gmax » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 am

This is thinking more in the future but, Why not put SFD on steam greenlight when its ready? This would definitely increase the amount of players.
I understand right now because its pretty cool while its small but when its huge that might be a problem.
0 x
I think its for the best .

Brine
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Brine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:31 pm

when you click on a server and it shows you the information i think it would be a good idea to show you the names of the players o the server not only the number.becouse you might be looking for a specific player or play with friends and you probably dont want to join every game just so you can see if he is in this server
1 x

Gmax
Meatbag

Post by Gmax » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Freinds system. This would allow users to follow their friends into a game. With the constant clutter of people changing their name, its impossible to find someone you enjoyed playing with unless they have not changed their name and mostly if they host severs often. With this friend system you could follow friends into games (when theres room of course) and this would help many low severs fill up faster if a friend is on it (Most people just go for severs with 4+ people). Might be a big update depending on features you add if you add any...
2 x
I think its for the best .

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:17 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Moved from Custome Suggestions thread to the Small Suggestions thread.
Can the items we wear be torn off if we take a set amount of hits/bullets? If I'm wearing a black shirt and white coat, after a while, the coat gets ripped and falls off. It has holes in it. The clothes you wear don't affect your health, but each clothing gets torn after a larger amount of hits. Bulletproof armour takes a lot more hits to get torn, and coats rip off very quickly. The inner shirts and other clothing won't get torn, and only stuff above the waist will get torn(Both for obvious reasons).
1 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:02 am

Remember when it was hard to punch someone diving you, and the devs made a change which made it easier to punch them mid-dive? It would be great if the same was made for someone grabbing you. (Both for kicks and punches)
1 x
Hold your breath.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:29 am

Splinter wrote:Remember when it was hard to punch someone diving you, and the devs made a change which made it easier to punch them mid-dive? It would be great if the same was made for someone grabbing you. (Both for kicks and punches)
Please don't. Grabs are already difficult enough to pull off, especially when you are not the host and each of your actions is delayed by 2 seconds or has a chance to not be taken at all. If you want to make the grab hitbox bigger make grabs come out instantly to make them actually useful after the change.
1 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:58 pm

It's already the case that melee attacks trump grabs (though you don't get knocked down like you do when diving into someone's attack). I think we've already found the sweet spot right now where some people think grabs are useless and others think they're OP. I don't think we can do better than that.
4 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.